LudoCain 2-3 -6.4
    Svino 5-10 -9.6

Vandelay 0-1 -1.8
    SPX 3-6 -5.73
    YoungTRK484 1-3 -.38
    Luke 2-0 +5.56
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Re: UFC 123 Betting Results

Zak, you don't want to tally multi event parlays correct? Too much effort to keep track of it...
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist
    Zak, you don't want to tally multi event parlays correct? Too much effort to keep track of it...
    Ill do it. I know you had one the other day, just let me know what it is, and Ill add it in.

Well, I had Faber/Davis. But I was just thinking going forward... do you want just to post in the fight that it is ending? For example, I have Davis/Maia too, so I would just post it in the TUF 12 Finale thread? But then, I think there needs to be some evidence that you actually called it ahead. Because you don't want to have to track these 15 fight parlays. Otherwise it is the honor system. Or a link to where you posted the bet prior to the first fight.

For example, If I were rounding out my Faber/Davis parlay, I would post in the UFC 123 bets thread:

4u to win 2u on Faber/Davis
    viewtopic.php?f=47&t=9873&p=126509&hilit=faber%2Fd avis#p126509

with a link to indicate that I made the Faber bet before the Faber fight. Maybe I am just a cheating nazi. Or maybe I just want to put the work on those that are actually making these ridiculous bets (me!). I appreciate you doing the work on the tracker for realsies though.

Just put the bet in each event.

example:

UFC 123 bets
    Rampage/Bonner parlay

Then for UFC Finale bets
    Rampage/Bonner parlay

Also

You couldn't pass my guard if you tried.

Serious question but why are we even tracking parlays? I didnt think that was the point of the tracker threads

Adding parlays into the tracking just screws up the results imo. I thought we were doing this to track how good each of us were doing on straight wagers
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by Luke
    Serious question but why are we even tracking parlays? I didnt think that was the point of the tracker threads

Adding parlays into the tracking just screws up the results imo. I thought we were doing this to track how good each of us were doing on straight wagers
    I'd probably have to agree, ultimately.

Adding parlays--and even props, I'd think--into the equation confuses things.
    I heart cock

I dunno. I'm the QB. You guys call the plays, I run them.

I thought the point of the tracker was to track plays. Its not a contest to me... if you bet a parlay or prop I don't see how that any less worth of being tracked than a straight bet.

I thought the idea was to track progress. Leaving out parlays or props just gives an incomplete picture, good or bad (usually leaving them out helps the parlay guys, tbh).

But whatever, I don't care one way or the other. I track my own plays, so it doesn't bother me one way or the other. But at least recently, I am on a parlay/props kick, trying to wrap up the year with a bang. Normally, I don't do parlays at all... but I raised the bets on the comeback trail (and it is working prettly well fwiw).

Luke, I don't see how it screws up the results. A parlay is not magic, you are raising your bet on the subsequent wagers... it just increases volatility. That cuts both ways.

But for multi-event parlays, ultimately it doesn't matter. Instead of saying 4u on Faber/Davis... I could just say 4u on Faber to win 1. Then in the next thread 5u on Davis to win 1. It comes out the same.

Zak, you would never make it to guard.

I purposely left out parlays in the beginning because I was under the assumption they did not count. This last event is the first time I posted one because I noticed everyone else was posting theirs.

Really does not matter to me, because I am pretty much done with MMA parlays. All my Benevidez- Faber- Pac man parlays hit so I got stupid with a Penn-Machida parlay. I'm with Luke...Boxing parlay ...MMA parlay

Sort of off topic, but there is nothing good or bad about parlays. They make you win more, but they make you lose more. You are raising your second bet, that's it. I don't see how a boxing parlay is somehow good and an MMA one is bad. They are both the same, the odds are the same. There are more variables in MMA, but I think that is refelcted in the lines (boxing lines seem to go over -1000 all the time, an MMA line over -600 is pretty rare).

I have not been posting my multi-event parlays in the tracker, but if it is all taking place over the same event, I post it.

Sort of off topic, but there is nothing good or bad about parlays. They make you win more, but they make you lose more. You are raising your second bet, that's it. I don't see how a boxing parlay is somehow good and an MMA one is bad. They are both the same, the odds are the same. There are more variables in MMA, but I think that is refelcted in the lines (boxing lines seem to go over -1000 all the time, an MMA line over -600 is pretty rare).

I have not been posting my multi-event parlays in the tracker, but if it is all taking place over the same event, I post it.
    You just think that, because those are the ones you were adding to your parlays.

Well I thought the purpose of the tracker was to tracker everyone's straight plays and see how everyone did.I dont think of it as as contest I just like seeing how everyeon does on straight plays.

If we are putting parlays, props, etc in the tracker then I dont need to put mine in because I, SPX, and Ludo already track our plays in our signature.

I mean I could parlay -1000 favs all the time and have a 11-4 record and someone might see that and start following my straight plays ,little would they know I was 1-4 on straight plays and 10-0 on -500 to -1000 parlays

I think we should stick to straight plays only .
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

I have nothing against parlays if done right. But if the backbone of your betting is just a bunch of parlays, I think you have a problem. I know I have said it before. But there is a reason successful sports bettors do not play the parlay game much. i wish that one dude was still around that pissed everyone off. Because while his results at the time were good, I knew the crash was coming for him. i just kept quiet about it. the dude had to many parlays going on, an event was going to come that was almost going to wipe him out. scientist, you yourself was lucky that Havis pointed out the fault in your lucky parlays. I wanted to, but did not want the backlash.

Quote Originally Posted by sbjj
    You just think that, because those are the ones you were adding to your parlays.
    Very high lines are definitely MORE common in boxing. No doubt about that. I can't even remember the last -1000 line I saw in MMA.
    I heart cock

imo boxing parlays are better because there are so many more ways to lose in a MMA fight than a boxing one. Any one punch,slip or fall can end a MMA fight
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

I'm with ya Luke. But I still will keep my Boxing parlays slim and keep them to 2 fighters or at most 3.

I'm with ya Luke. But I still will keep my Boxing parlays slim and keep them to 2 fighters or at most 3.

I always say 2 or 3 fighters too even though I've never went over 2 . I try to find 2 -300 fighters usually
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by Luke

I always say 2 or 3 fighters too even though I've never went over 2 . I try to find 2 -300 fighters usually
    Same here. In fact, i was thinking since you and YoungTurk seem to be high on both Arthur and JMM, a 2 fight parlay might be an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by SPX
    Very high lines are definitely MORE common in boxing. No doubt about that. I can't even remember the last -1000 line I saw in MMA.
    It is because you have the F'n Klits brothers in Europe fighting the rest of the complete shit we now call the HW division.