Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Boxing 11/27-end of year

Re: Boxing 11/27-end of year

Carl Froch vs. Glen Johnson and Abraham -Kessler in the Semi finals
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Really thinking about taking a shot with Katsidis . I think JMM wins but it might be so close that +244 is worth it
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

I do not think the fight shows that Froch is some great boxer. It more proved that AA was and is overrated and just can not deal with someone unless they are standing directly in front of him. I am hoping Johnson comes in a big dog against Froch because I think he could beat Froch.

The plan was to bet Froch big in Vegas(where he was +160) and leave everything else alone. Decided to fuck around and force some bets so i deserved the loss.

Ref really could have let Kats. go another round at least. that guy would have stopped the Pac-Margarito fight in the 4th round.

Quote Originally Posted by sbjj
    I do not think the fight shows that Froch is some great boxer. It more proved that AA was and is overrated and just can not deal with someone unless they are standing directly in front of him. I am hoping Johnson comes in a big dog against Froch because I think he could beat Froch.

The plan was to bet Froch big in Vegas(where he was +160) and leave everything else alone. Decided to fuck around and force some bets so i deserved the loss.

Ref really could have let Kats. go another round at least. that guy would have stopped the Pac-Margarito fight in the 4th round.

I think you're right about Froch . This fight didnt show how good he was it showed how bad AA is . AA should go back to 160 . When I heard Froch-Johnson was next I was like you and my knee jerk reaction was to take Johnson as the dog . What do you think the line will be Froch around -175?

The Katisdis stoppage was a little earlier ,I know you needed 1 more rd for your bet sorry man.

Sorry about pushing AA on you ,you were right on to take Froch .Sometimes being the only person on a fighter is a good thing .
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by Luke
    Carl Froch vs. Glen Johnson and Abraham -Ward in the Semi finals
    Fixed.
    2011 YTD: (Revised 1/11/11)

NFL ATS: 1-2 -1.2 units
    NFL ML: 1-0, +1.1 units
    NFL Teaser: 0-1, -3.0 units

NBA ATS: 0-1, -1.1 units

YTD: -4.2 units

I am hoping Froch gets big love for this win. i mean win you think about it, the guy could be considered unbeaten. Many thought he beat Kessler. i just think Glen is going to be a tough fight for him. That fight could end up being a war. I was thinking Froch might be a 2 to 1 fave. But maybe i am just thinking positively.

Earlier you were talking about not betting the over/unders. The JMM fight is the best proof against it. Kats had just landed a decent shot right before the ref stopped it. he was losing the fight and bloodied(like many of his fights). But he was not in big time trouble. Margarito gets 10 years taken off his life and is allowed to continue, but kats. is not given the chance in a fight that was much closer.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungTRK484
    Fixed.

Sorry had a tard moment there.

I can see Ward being big odds against Abraham . Something like -350 or higher
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Fixed.

Sorry had a tard moment there.

I can see Ward being big odds against Abraham . Something like -350 or higher
    To be honest, he really should be. He is probably the worst matchup that AA could have. he is going to make AA look like he is in quicksand. I will not be surprised if AA pulls out of the tourney. he does not really seem to like adversity.

Yeah Ward will have big odds there, rightfully so. I'm not so sure about a Johnson bet against Froch. I give Froch all the credit in the world, he dominated a good fighter and executed his gameplan flawlessly. Plus the weight cut for Johnson again worries me.

How about AA vs. Martinez @ 160? Although I don't believe AA deserves it, it might be the best $$$ fight for Martinez.

I am hoping Froch gets big love for this win. i mean win you think about it, the guy could be considered unbeaten. Many thought he beat Kessler. i just think Glen is going to be a tough fight for him. That fight could end up being a war. I was thinking Froch might be a 2 to 1 fave. But maybe i am just thinking positively.

Earlier you were talking about not betting the over/unders. The JMM fight is the best proof against it. Kats had just landed a decent shot right before the ref stopped it. he was losing the fight and bloodied(like many of his fights). But he was not in big time trouble. Margarito gets 10 years taken off his life and is allowed to continue, but kats. is not given the chance in a fight that was much closer.

Froch might be 2 to 1 against Glen you could be right .

I dont bet on O/U's too often just because you never know what will happen. I like betting on fighters rather than outcomes,I think its easier.
    You're right though we were all lucky win win our Manny by decision bets that night . Bayliss would have stopped that fight for sure.

Katisidis had just won the 8th rd and should have been given a chance to fight through being hurt. I'll agree the fight was stopped early . It just seems to me when betting O/U's or outcomes more luck is needed
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

To be honest, he really should be. He is probably the worst matchup that AA could have. he is going to make AA look like he is in quicksand. I will not be surprised if AA pulls out of the tourney. he does not really seem to like adversity.

If the fight does happen Ward by decision or points will probably be a good idea if the odds are high
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Yeah Ward will have big odds there, rightfully so. I'm not so sure about a Johnson bet against Froch. I give Froch all the credit in the world, he dominated a good fighter and executed his gameplan flawlessly. Plus the weight cut for Johnson again worries me.

How about AA vs. Martinez @ 160? Although I don't believe AA deserves it, it might be the best $$$ fight for Martinez.

Martinez would kill AA. I dont think that fight will happen because not many people in the U.S. know who AA is
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

I would watch Martinez fight anybody. i absolutely love the guy. And AA does need to do something else. he just will not beat the best here.

I think Froch is a good fighter, even great. but i think AA was just the type of fighter that will make him look better than he is. Johnson will make a fight out of it. he will throw 10X as many punches as AA.

I think Ward could KO AA, Froch had him wobbled at LEAST 4 times in the fight with a lot of pitter patter well executed jabs and some nice uppercuts. Ward mght be able to finish him, considering AA has been routed in his last 2 fights and is 30 yrs old.

If the fight does happen Ward by decision or points will probably be a good idea if the odds are high
    Yea but we'll probably get like a -240 on that price, and a +250 on the Ward by KO prop.

Martinez would kill AA. I dont think that fight will happen because not many people in the U.S. know who AA is
    Yeah probably won't happen since AA is going to have a 3rd straight loss after he fights Ward and it would be a massacre.

I think Ward could KO AA, Froch had him wobbled at LEAST 4 times in the fight with a lot of pitter patter well executed jabs and some nice uppercuts. Ward mght be able to finish him, considering AA has been routed in his last 2 fights and is 30 yrs old.

I honestly think that is where the value might be. i still have not watched the Ward-Bika fight. How did Ward look? Did he put a hurtin on Bika?

Woohoo, just had a question posted in the live chat with espn.com writer Dan Rafael:

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat...ith-dan-rafael

Travis (NJ)
    Dan, can you give us some early thoughts on Khan-Maidana? I think Maidana has a legitmate shot and don't see why he is a 2.5:1 dog.

Dan Rafael (12:36 AM)
    He can punch and I am told he is in great shape. But I think other than one-shot power, Khan is better in every facet of the game. We shall see. I am looking forward to that fight and will be there ringside for it in two weeks.

I honestly think that is where the value might be. i still have not watched the Ward-Bika fight. How did Ward look? Did he put a hurtin on Bika?

Not in rds 1-6 . I watched those rounds,before switching too JMM-Katsidis,and Bika actually looked pretty good . I think he won 2 or 3 (cant remember exactly ) of the first 6 rounds . The judge that scored the fight 120-108 for Ward had to be blind
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Woohoo, just had a question posted in the live chat with espn.com writer Dan Rafael:

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat...ith-dan-rafael

Travis (NJ)
    Dan, can you give us some early thoughts on Khan-Maidana? I think Maidana has a legitmate shot and don't see why he is a 2.5:1 dog.

Dan Rafael (12:36 AM)
    He can punch and I am told he is in great shape. But I think other than one-shot power, Khan is better in every facet of the game. We shall see. I am looking forward to that fight and will be there ringside for it in two weeks.

Khan is better in every facet of the game
    ^^^^ this is pretty much my thoughts
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP