Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15202122232425

Thread: UFC on Versus 3 March 3rd

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    Nigga, something tells me you didn't look very hard.

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjA4ODE1ODI0.html
    Thanks

I will admit I didnt look at all. I looked hard enough to find Kampmann-Shields so I got lazy
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Well I appreciate your honesty.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    His damn tech is just so good. Even if he gets stuffed he just powers through it or drops down and latches to your legs like an octopus.

I need to stop ,I'm talking about wrestling like MMAscientist would BJJ

That fight really shows you how good Shields is compared to Diego and everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    Nigga, something tells me you didn't look very hard.

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjA4ODE1ODI0.html
    He was lucky he didnt lose at the end of the 3rd round

He definitely has some lapses or retard moments in fights. No way should he have stuck his head in twice with Kampmann and he shouldnt have been in that position with Miller either.

You're right dumb moments like that will cost you against GSP . I do still think we'll see GSP on his back in this fight ,whether Shields can keep him there or not is a different story
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    He was lucky he didnt lose at the end of the 3rd round

He definitely has some lapses or retard moments in fights. No way should he have stuck his head in twice with Kampmann and he shouldnt have been in that position with Miller either.

You're right dumb moments like that will cost you against GSP . I do still think we'll see GSP on his back in this fight ,whether Shields can keep him there or not is a different story

I wonder if that jab that fucked up Koschecks face will show up in the Shields fight. You know he will be losing the standup. His only hope is clinchfest+takedown+hump+maybe the small chance of a submission. I am a little skeptical of GSP's BJJ but I dont think Shields will be able to submit him. He won't have time. He is going to have to spend all of his time holding him down if he wants a chance to beat him.

Yeah the chances he submits GSP are slim and none. Shields is all about the choke when he does go for a submission. Of his ten submission wins nine of them are either by guillotine or rear naked. I don't know that he will be able to apply a guillotine on a GSP takedown because of the way GSP drives past people and usually dumps them. I seriously doubt Shields can apply a rear naked choke on GSP, while the jiu jitsu St Pierre has may not be world class, his scrambles are. I don't think I've ever seen someone take his back before, at least not that I can remember. I have a feeling Shields is going to find it hard to get it to the ground unless Georges decides to take it there at all. That jab is going to present huge problems and Shields is going to constantly be working from the outside.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

For what it's worth, I had money on Shields over Kampmann and I remember not being particularly concerned as the decisions were announced; I thought Shields would get round 2.

Even though I don't think cardio will be a problem for Shields against GSP, I can't see him coming close to winning. The gap in striking is so enormous that Shields' only chance is to keep the fight grappling pretty much the whole way, and he's the worse wrestler. Take a look at Fitch / GSP.