Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 128 Newark, NJ March 19 Rua vs Jones

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist View Post
    I don't know much about Nkoujani/Barboza, so I will defer to you there.
    Not your type of fight to bet on anyways.

I think Pellegrino might be a decent bet. I expected him to be a favorite (he opened as one), and now he is the underdog. I didn't see the Pyle/Lennox fight yet but he definitely has the momentum from dominating Hathaway.

I was thinking the same thing about Wineland for a while Scientist but I now think Faber will take him down(wrestling) pretty easily. He is a staller skinney guy. Faber will be a thick beast with a well rounded game. The odds got shitty though, Faber opened at -195. I hear what your saying about Barboza PP but keep in mind he is very green. I won't be betting it so I'll be rooting for you on this. A couple of lines haven't come out yet incase you guys haven't noticed. WTF? Are they coming out or what? Benavidez is a guy I plan on betting on.

Quote Originally Posted by edman5555 View Post
    WTF? Are they coming out or what? Benavidez is a guy I plan on betting on.
    They don't usually come out until the Tuesday of fight week. The books seem to be quick on releasing the prelim lines when the fight is on facebook/ION/spike

Marquardt opens @-175 SPX

I have a betting limit on 5dimes for Jones/Shogun goes the distance. Motherfuckers.

I have a betting limit on 5dimes for Jones/Shogun goes the distance. Motherfuckers.
    What is it?

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333 View Post
    Marquardt opens @-175 SPX
    Yes, I saw that. Motherfucker. I really need to get my 5d account refunded.

Now he's at -350. That's fucking horrible.
    I heart cock

Yeah, all my money is tied up on 5dimes right now lol. I hope my bets on 5 dimes come through, I don't want only Bookmaker

What's everyone thinking about Pellegrino/Tibau and Pyle/Almeida?
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post

I'd take Pyle if the lines goes up anymore
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post

I like Tibau and Almeida in those matchups. Pellegrino's striking isn't great and Tibau should have the size and wrestling to decide where this fight takes place. Almeida is Almeida, if he gets this to the ground it should be over fairly quickly.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

Quote Originally Posted by LudoCain View Post
    I like Tibau and Almeida in those matchups. Pellegrino's striking isn't great and Tibau should have the size and wrestling to decide where this fight takes place. Almeida is Almeida, if he gets this to the ground it should be over fairly quickly.
    I also like almeida, but Pyle made me lose a lot of money in the hathaway fight. You never know what kind of fights Pyle is going to deliver so I am staying away of that fight I guess

I like Pelligrino and Almeida to win, but I like Pelligrino and Pyle at the current odds.

Tibau is game and huge. He will probably have a stand-up edge and I would say the grappling is about even. Tibau wins with takedowns usually, but he has not had success against wrestlers. Wrestlers know how to negate a size advantage. Since he came to the UFC, he has lost to every fighter he has faced with a wrestling base- Griffin, Stevenson, Miller (even Guillard- who he really beat IMO). Pelligrino is a strong wrestler and he has cardio and heart for days. I think it is a very close fight, with Tibau being more skilled but Pelligrino being more gritty. It is either no-bet or Pelligrino for me.

I see Almeida/Pyle similarly. Almeida is a better grappler, Pyle should be a better striker. Takedowns are a wash, but it does look like Pyle has gottem much better in that area (judging from the Hathaway fight). Pyle is actually the older man, which surprised me (I always think Almeida is older than he is). If Pyle had the right game plan he could win it- if he came out and tries to put Almeida on his back he can win a decision. But if he comes in to sprawl, he is likely going to get put on his back, where Almeida will probably dominate him. Also, Almeida tends to gas a little bit, and Pyle doesn't. Pyle could take over later in the fight. I think Almeida will get it done, but if I were betting, I would take Pyle.

Thank you Scientist, I was waiting for your opinion on those fights, since both of them will probably be grappling matches. Usually you are pretty much always right in that kind of match ups

Quote Originally Posted by trotterz View Post
    Thank you Scientist, I was waiting for your opinion on those fights, since both of them will probably be grappling matches. Usually you are pretty much always right in that kind of match ups
    Thanks, but to be honest, I really think both fights could go either way. Tibau and Almeida should have the skill advantages, but they both gas and are fighting guys that are gritty veterans with heart. If Pyle comes in with the wrong gameplan, I think Almeida will blwo through him. If he comes in looking for takedowns, he can win. If I knew Pyle's gameplan was to wrestle, I would take him, but he likes to be on his back, and I doubt he can handle Almeida from top position. If he comes to sprawl, he will probably find a little success, but I think Almeida will get him down enough.

Bet's I like so far. Faber, Benavidez, Marquardt, JJ/Shogun does not go the distance, Mirko Cro cop.

What do you think about Faber and Benavidez?

Bet's I like so far. Faber, Benavidez, Marquardt, JJ/Shogun does not go the distance, Mirko Cro cop.
    I am looking at an Alpha Male parlay right now, Benevidez/Faber. I like a lot of the underdogs too... I think CC, Shogun, Pyle, Pelligrino, and Marshall are all bettable. I don't know, I might just do "not Wineland by submission/not D. Miller by sub/not Shalorus by sub" and let my parlay roll on...

I agree with you on Almeida/pyle and Pellegrino/Tibau. I was thinking about a bet on Tibau until I noticed that he lost all his fights against wrestlers. All of them were smaller than him as well. Griffin and Stevenson are tiny. Neither one are good bets IMO. Anything can happen in them.

What do you think about Faber and Benavidez?
    I think they will both win, but I am little nervous about both fights. What if Uriah decides to stand and bang like he has been doing? Loveland is pretty dynamic too, but I think Benevidez will get it done (I actually think Benevidez is better than Faber). I think Benevidez will catch a choke on Loveland. I am little more worried about Faber... I mean, was Mike Brown ever that good? Or was Faber just fighting weak opposition? He had some trouble with a lot of the guys he fought, even Pulver lasted a full 5 with him. But the flip side is that Wineland is in that group too, I don't think he is very good.