Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2530313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 128 Newark, NJ March 19 Rua vs Jones

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333 View Post
    Shit, the line will probably get better then +400. I hate to say it though, but how does Rashad win this? I just don't see it. I would like to see him win though, it would be crazy.

I dont think it would be crazy .I thought Evans would beat Shogun too. Evans has trained with Jones so he knows a lot about him . He's a damn fine wrestler and has a lot of power .He also has better foot work than Rua , he wont just stand in front of Jones and wait to get hit. The only thing thats bad for Evans is the layoff

I think Jones will probably win but no way should this be anywhere near -525 imo
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Shit, the line will probably get better then +400. I hate to say it though, but how does Rashad win this? I just don't see it. I would like to see him win though, it would be crazy.
    I think Rashad has only one path to victory, but it's a viable one. He's fast as fuck and can hit hard, so if he catches Jones just right then it could be lights out. We don't really know what kind of chin Jones has at this point.
    I heart cock

Luke..I agree. I was going to hit Rashad's line hard against Rua. I was going to lay like 5u on it. The only reason why I didn't bet Jones last night was because of him being "green" (yes I know he is black), he was close to a 2:1 favorite, and had been preparing for wrestlers for awhile.

SPX, that makes sense. I just see Rashad having a hard time getting inside to get ahold of Jones. Jones can throw a front kick from his corner and knock Bruce Buffer out during the introductions.

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    I told you yesterday that that was a fight I wanted to see. Jones may dominate, but he also might not. Machida may have just the style to frustrate him. Remember: "styles make fights."

I meant seriously because it looks like it was wrote by a 1st grader. Monster? Fearless leader? mourning ? crying for help? ............wow just wow

Styles make fights? Thanks for the breaking news . In other news the sky is blue
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

. Jones can throw a front kick from his corner and knock Bruce Buffer out during the introductions.

2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

SPX, that makes sense. I just see Rashad having a hard time getting inside to get ahold of Jones. Jones can throw a front kick from his corner and knock Bruce Buffer out during the introductions.
    He'd have to do some trademark Rashad dancing in there, slip a punch, and counter. That's how I would see it going down if it happened.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    I meant seriously because it looks like it was wrote by a 1st grader. Monster? Fearless leader? mourning ? crying for help? ............wow just wow
    Well it was obviously hyperbole. I actually found it amusing.

Styles make fights? Thanks for the breaking news . In other news the sky is blue
    And in still other news your mother's a whore.
    I heart cock

I think Rashad has only one path to victory, but it's a viable one. He's fast as fuck and can hit hard, so if he catches Jones just right then it could be lights out. We don't really know what kind of chin Jones has at this point.
    True. I feel like there's a chance Evans may be able to use a cardio advantage in a 5 round fight. If he can just hold on defensively for a few rounds, he might be able to come back after Jones wears out.

Jones is gonna destroy Rashad.

Quote Originally Posted by Svino View Post
    True. I feel like there's a chance Evans may be able to use a cardio advantage in a 5 round fight. If he can just hold on defensively for a few rounds, he might be able to come back after Jones wears out.
    Yeah, I'm glad you brought that up. I found this article on Sherdog earlier today:

To the naked eye, it appeared that Jon Jones was never in the slightest bit of trouble during his 205-pound title-winning performance against Mauricio “Shogun” Rua in the main event of Saturday’s UFC 128.

Jones dissected Rua en route to a third-round technical knockout at the Prudential Center in Newark, N.J. Throughout the bout, “Bones” seemed to go wherever he wanted, whenever he wanted, and Rua seemed helpless to stop him.

However, Jones’ striking coach, Mike Winkeljohn, had a different view of the competition from the fighter’s corner. According to “Coach Wink,” Jones had plenty of adversity to overcome.

“There was a turning point after the second round where we were real scared, because [Jones] was tired,” Winkeljohn told Sherdog.com after the bout. “He had pressed all day long. Well, s--t, the whole last two weeks, [cameras] following him around 24-7. I think all that hoopla got to him, and the pressure got to him a little bit. He was tired after the second round, and I was worried.”

“But you know what he did? He pushed through it, and that is a champion. That is a veteran. At 23 years old, that is incredible. All of a sudden, in the third round, he just decided, ‘Yeah, I’m going to win this thing,’ and he just went to another gear.”
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by Svino View Post
    Jones really impressed me with his cardio this week-end.
    Nobody can fight like that for 5 rounds without gassing. That fight was really intense. I think that rashad would have been gassed after less than 2 rounds like that. So IMO Rashad has no cardio advantage over bones.

Dont blame others for what you did or didnt bet in the end its still your choice . Schaub isnt that good the fight was close until the very end
    I don't blame anybody. The reason I post here is to get the opinion from other people. And I am not saying that Schaub is one of the best heavy weight in the UFC but try to remember Junior's fight agains't cro cop. It was also a close one and Dos Santos is defenetely one of the top guys in the UFC ''strikingwise'' So I guess that we can say that Schaub's striking is also really good

I wonder if there's a secret cabal of UFC light heavyweights who are holding backroom meetings where they attempt to come up with a strategy to beat Jon Jones.
    Last edited by SPX; 03-21-2011 at 04:50 PM.
    I heart cock

Speaking of Jon Jones, he's apparently going on The Tonight Show. Can you believe that shit?
    I heart cock

Chuck Liddell is the only man that can beat Jones.

Seriously, I bet he won't defend 3 times... as of now though, he does seem special.

I haven't seen the fights yet, I am going to watch them tonight. So I will have some thoughts tomorrow I am sure.
    Last edited by MMA_scientist; 03-21-2011 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist View Post
    Chuck Liddell was the only man that can beat Jones.

Fixed it for you
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Maybe Hendo could take him out with his right hand.
    I heart cock

Speaking of Jon Jones, he's apparently going on The Tonight Show. Can you believe that shit?

The tonight show? Does anyone watch that except old people?

I think Jon Jones being on Sportscenter as a guest would be way cooler than Leno
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

The tonight show? Does anyone watch that except old people?
    Probably not, but it's good publicity. Maybe it will bring in some boxing fans.

I think Jon Jones being on Sportscenter as a guest would be way cooler than Leno
    I don't know about "cool." I've never seen Sportscenter. But I think that being invited onto The Tonight Show is indicative of MMA's mainstream penetration. In that sense, I think it's a lot more significant than some shit on ESPN.
    I heart cock