Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 128 Newark, NJ March 19 Rua vs Jones

http://mmajunkie.com/news/22383/ramp...ht-decline.mma

"I'm 250 pounds, and I would have to lose 45 pounds in, what, three or four weeks?" he said.

lmao good job staying in shape

Well to be fair that's really not a LOT of weight considering he didn't expect to be fighting any time soon.
    I heart cock

Thats still quite a bit of weight. I know he didn't expect to be fighting this soon but what the fuck? That would be like Jon Fitch fighting at featherweight.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

That is a lot of weight. Seriously. He was 250 when he started his training camp for Rashad, and that was right after his filming of the A Team. His whole training camp was basically a fat camp.

Quote Originally Posted by LudoCain View Post
    Thats still quite a bit of weight. I know he didn't expect to be fighting this soon but what the fuck? That would be like Jon Fitch fighting at featherweight.
    You have to remember that it's all relative. The lower in weight you go, the more significant a pound is.

I mean, think about it. The gap between BW and FW is only 10 pounds but HW is everything from 206 to 265.

Vitor's a middleweight and he said he cut . . . what? . . . 30 pounds?
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    You have to remember that it's all relative. The lower in weight you go, the more significant a pound is.

I mean, think about it. The gap between BW and FW is only 10 pounds but HW is everything from 206 to 265.

Vitor's a middleweight and he said he cut . . . what? . . . 30 pounds?
    215 to 185 isn't near as significant as 250 to 205. Thats 18% of his total weight that he would cut in a matter of a couple months or so. 215 to 185 is only just under 14%. It is all relative, and I wasn't talking so much as an advantage. I meant "what the fuck?" the same way I react when I see Anthony Johnson dwarfing Andrei Arlovski in mass and then fighting at 170lbs. It's honestly a wonder why someone cuts THAT much weight or loses such self control as to gain it between fights.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

Rampage probably has a lot of belly fat to lose. That can go pretty quick if your working out hard and eating right. He's probably going to need like 2-3 months notice for a fight.

2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by LudoCain View Post
    215 to 185 isn't near as significant as 250 to 205. Thats 18% of his total weight that he would cut in a matter of a couple months or so. 215 to 185 is only just under 14%. It is all relative, and I wasn't talking so much as an advantage. I meant "what the fuck?" the same way I react when I see Anthony Johnson dwarfing Andrei Arlovski in mass and then fighting at 170lbs. It's honestly a wonder why someone cuts THAT much weight or loses such self control as to gain it between fights.
    There's a tradeoff when you get that big though. Skill, speed, and agility drops off a lot more from 205 to 250 than 185 to 215. Not that it matters. Not a chance in hell was Vitor at 215 on fight night.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

Me = not understanding how Jones is -215 over possibly the best 205 pound fighter in the world
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Yeah I was kinda hoping for a better line on him than that. He did open at -155 though, the rest is just hype and you know how that goes. I'm not sure where it goes from here..I personally think it should be about even.

Quote Originally Posted by edman5555 View Post
    Yeah I was kinda hoping for a better line on him than that. He did open at -155 though, the rest is just hype and you know how that goes. I'm not sure where it goes from here..I personally think it should be about even.

I knew the hype train would kick in but I expected Rua to open around -125 and then everyone jump on Jones will a final line of Jones -130, -215 is just beyond me
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Its tough. I feel like Jones should be able to win this but Shogun is Shogun. He KO'd Machida. Before that hardly anyone even HIT the guy. I'd like to know exactly what Shoguns BJJ credentials are. I know he won some big titles, but I think they were at lower belts. Still impressive though. I am pretty sure Jon will get him down pretty easily, he is just so god damn good with his takedowns and Shoguns wrestling sucks. Once he gets on top he is brutal too. Shogun does have laser like aim though.

Its tough. I feel like Jones should be able to win this but Shogun is Shogun. He KO'd Machida. Before that hardly anyone even HIT the guy. I'd like to know exactly what Shoguns BJJ credentials are. I know he won some big titles, but I think they were at lower belts. Still impressive though. I am pretty sure Jon will get him down pretty easily, he is just so god damn good with his takedowns and Shoguns wrestling sucks. Once he gets on top he is brutal too. Shogun does have laser like aim though.

I think Jones is going to win. He is bigger, stronger, and a good wrestler. I basically view this fight the same I did as the Rashad/Shogun fight, except Rashad probably has the better sub defense/striking defense. If this makes it to the later rounds and Shogun is still fresh, I think he will probably get the finish. Jones slows down in his fights that aren't his quick destructions: against Gusmao and Bonnar (IIRC Gusmao chopped the shit out of Jones' leg), and I think he started to slow down a little bit in the 2nd round against Bader.

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333 View Post
    I think Jones is going to win. He is bigger, stronger, and a good wrestler. I basically view this fight the same I did as the Rashad/Shogun fight, except Rashad probably has the better sub defense/striking defense. If this makes it to the later rounds and Shogun is still fresh, I think he will probably get the finish. Jones slows down in his fights that aren't his quick destructions: against Gusmao and Bonnar (IIRC Gusmao chopped the shit out of Jones' leg), and I think he started to slow down a little bit in the 2nd round against Bader.
    Rashad was a dog ,Jones is a -215 favorite . I just think the line is waaayyyyyyyyy off
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Well he might have slowed down in the gusmao and Bonnar fights because he wasn't in very good shape. He was still kinda new then. Was he even at Jacksons? His first pro fight was in April of 2008. His first UFC fight was in August of 2008 against Gusmao. Then in January of 2009 he fought Bonnar. Almost gauranteed he is in better shape now than when he fought them. 100 percent. He is training like a pro with the pros now. I'm sure he was still learning how to train then. He also should have an easy time wrestling Shogun so I would expect Shogun to tire if anyone does. Provided it goes the distance that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Rashad was a dog ,Jones is a -215 favorite . I just think the line is waaayyyyyyyyy off
    I agree that the line is way off for sure. I am disappointed that the Rashad fight is off, I was confident in Rashad and I was going to make a decent sized play on him @+155

If I can get a good line on Jon Jones inside the distance and/or TKO/KO I will probably take it.

Ok I just watched the trailer. That guy has some talent, he should get paid for these. His trailers always make me way more excited for fights