Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst ... 234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 128 Newark, NJ March 19 Rua vs Jones

I am thinking Shogun is a pretty good bjj black belt. Nothing super special but pretty good. It is probably complimented by the fact that he is such a good fighter though.

I don't think he's the greatest positionally, but he is superslick and dynamic off of his back.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

I will definitely be on Shogun. I mean, you are basically betting that Jones is the greatest LHW to ever live, no man is 2x as good as Shogun.

Quote Originally Posted by edman5555 View Post
    I am thinking Shogun is a pretty good bjj black belt. Nothing super special but pretty good. It is probably complimented by the fact that he is such a good fighter though.

Him being a great fighter definitely helps the overall concept of who Shogun is. But make no mistake his ground game is 100% legit. He has some great sweeps and submissions off his back and he's the kind of fighter who won't hesitate to leave himself open while he goes for an arm or a leg because he is tough as nails himself.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist View Post
    I will definitely be on Shogun. I mean, you are basically betting that Jones is the greatest LHW to ever live, no man is 2x as good as Shogun.
    Well no that's a little off. I'm not betting he's the best to ever live. Either way If I bet one of them I will be betting them inside the distance because I really do not see this fight going the distance.

Karlos Vemola Out of UFC 128

bring in Kyle Kingsbury!

nvm, my guess is Vera replaces Vemola

Vera's gotten badly injured in both of his last two fights. It seems to me that he's going to fight scared instinctively for the rest of whatever career he has.
    I heart cock

If he doesn't fill Vemola's spot, I am guessing they put him against Bonnar or Tito.

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333 View Post
    I am guessing they put him against Bonnar or Tito.
    I wouldnt mind either of those matchups.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333 View Post
    Karlos Vemola Out of UFC 128

bring in Kyle Kingsbury!

I saw a special on HBO real sports with bryant gumble. Apparently Kingsbury is training with some guy that was famous for making steroids. He was one of the people that supplied Barry Bonds. He was caught and arrested a while ago. He used to be a chemist and one of the largest steroid providers in sports.

Quote Originally Posted by edman5555 View Post
    I saw a special on HBO real sports with bryant gumble. Apparently Kingsbury is training with some guy that was famous for making steroids. He was one of the people that supplied Barry Bonds. He was caught and arrested a while ago. He used to be a chemist and one of the largest steroid providers in sports.
    Victor Conte?

that sound familiar. I was very tired when i watched it

Kingsbury is quite clearly juiced to the hilt

Yeah I think so too. I also think Tom Lawlor juiced for the Cote fight.

I am convinced that 90% of these guys are juicing. Sadly, I think Maia is on the stuff now too.

He's on that new "diet". LOL

The night before he fought Ricardo Romero at UFC 126, Kyle Kingsbury soaked his bed with sweat. He had a fever. His throat was tickling too.

“I can’t even imagine how many pounds I lost in my sleep,” Kingsbury (Pictured) said recently on the Sherdog Radio Network’s “Beatdown” show.

Turns out he had spent too much time in the steam room working his weight down, resulting in some fluid in his lungs that brought on the other symptoms. Kingsbury fought anyway. He won too, stopping Romero just 21 seconds into the first round.

“It was pretty bad, but I just put it in the back of my head and really didn’t give it too much attention,” Kingsbury said. “I didn’t even tell my coaches until after the fight. Thankfully it didn’t end up going three rounds because I would have been hurting in the third round there for sure.”

After the fight Kingsbury needed an IV and drank an additional gallon of fluids. Despite his dehydrated state, he looked to be in tremendous shape.

“I try to come in as lean as I can,” Kingsbury said. “That way I know that whatever I’m walking around at, it’s all muscle and bones. You look at other guys that maybe don’t do that, and it’s kind of mindboggling to me why if you’re in any weight class other than heavyweight, how you would carry extra fat knowing that you’re really at a disadvantage.”

Kingsbury has his regimen down to a science. It includes a strict diet that begins 10 weeks before the fight as well as blood tests every three to four weeks that let him keep a close eye on his body’s state.

With that said, it may sound strange that Kingsbury ended up so ill the night before his bout.

“By fight day, if all goes well, you feel like you’re invincible. You’re indestructible. Nothing’s going to get to you,” Kingsbury said. “That’s on one hand. On the other hand, you really can’t make any changes to whatever normal routine you’ve become accustomed to. Because you’ve eliminated all of these bad things from your body, you’re almost like a baby. You can’t take any new things into you. For instance, the steam room, which I wasn’t accustomed to, I wound up having an adverse reaction. … I didn’t really think about how fragile everything is at that point in my body. Going into that steam room didn’t seem like it hurt me and then I spent a little too much time in there.”

Of course, Kingsbury came out on top anyway and has now won three straight in the UFC. He credits his teammates at American Kickboxing Academy and Power MMA for his improvement.

“That’s really what it is,” Kingsbury said. “I’ve been working with a lot of great guys at AKA. I’ve also been working with a lot of great guys at Power MMA, with Ryan Bader, C.B. Dollaway, Aaron Simpson, those guys. I’ve got the best of both worlds, training in Arizona as well as California. The sky’s the limit when you surround yourself with guys that are better than you.”

Can't niggas just gain weight anymore without being accused of using steroids?

I gained 15 pounds in the last two months. Eat like a motherfucker, train hard, and properly supplement your diet with basic legal shit and you can put muscle on.
    I heart cock

lolwut

Grudge Training Center product Eliot Marshall will likely return to the Octagon against Luis “Banha” Cane at UFC 128. Cane was left without an opponent for the event when Karlos Vemola withdrew from their bout with a mouth infection earlier this week.

Sherdog.com has confirmed the 205-pound matchup with a source close to the bout; Tatame.com originally reported the news on Wednesday morning. Bout agreements have reportedly been distributed, though the fight has not yet been finalized.

UFC 128, which will be headlined by a light heavyweight title clash between champion Mauricio “Shogun” Rua and challenger Jon Jones, will go down March 19 at the Prudential Center in Newark, N.J.

A cast member of “The Ultimate Fighter 8,” Marshall was eliminated from the show by powerful wrestler and eventual season winner Ryan Bader. Following his stint on “TUF,” Marshall earned three consecutive wins inside the Octagon, besting Jules Bruchez, Vinny Magalhaes and Jason Brilz before dropping a split nod to former International Fight League 205-pound champ Vladimir Matyushenko. Following the defeat, Marshall was cut from the promotion’s highly-competitive light heavyweight ranks. Since losing his spot in the UFC, “The Fire” has earned three straight wins, most recently submitting Chris McNally in December.

Cane looks to rebound from consecutive losses for the first time in his five-year pro career. After being disqualified in his 2007 UFC debut against James Irvin, the Brazilian rattled off three straight wins, knocking off Jason Lambert, Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou and former WEC light heavyweight champion Steve Cantwell. Recently, however, Cane has found himself on the wrong end of two knockouts, as he fell to Antonio Rogerio Nogueira and Cyrille Diabate at UFC 106 and UFC 114, respectively.

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    Can't niggas just gain weight anymore without being accused of using steroids?
    Unforunately, in sports today, not just mma, everyone is skepticalhippo.jpg of everything now.