Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 128 Newark, NJ March 19 Rua vs Jones

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist View Post
    pics or work
    If he's 300+ it's more like tits or gtfo.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

Damn, im fat but I just dont look it with the shirt on. I carry alot of muscle, thats why. Before I was hurt I was a solid 270, im damn near 6'5

Do you guys think Shalorus may be able to steal a round or two away from Miller before he gasses? I think he might be able to put Miller on his back, Bocek did really well at UFC 111 against Miller and I think Shalorus may have better TDs then Bocek.

Shalorus would probably be able to get a takedown if he actually went for one. But he is an idiot and he likes to stand and wing hooks and eat punches instead.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333 View Post
    Do you guys think Shalorus may be able to steal a round or two away from Miller before he gasses? I think he might be able to put Miller on his back, Bocek did really well at UFC 111 against Miller and I think Shalorus may have better TDs then Bocek.

I honestly dont think Shalorus stands a chance of even winning one rd let own two against Miller
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Sooo does anybody think Cro Cop is going to beat Schaub?

He is a bit smaller/smaller reach but he should be way more skilled. I think Cro cop will be a dog too. I will bet him if he is.

Had I not seen the Mir fight I would say yes. But CC doesn't fight so much as he just stands there and throws an occasional strike. I sadly think Schaub is going to Frank Edgar him.

I assume you mean run around him and throw pitter patter strikes to win a decision? Like he did with Gonzaga?

^ that's how I see it. Cro Cop is basically a stationary target these days. He just walks forward and throws 1 strike at a time. Schaub has energy and likes to get in and out. I don't think Schaub is very good, but I do think he can win a decision here just like you described. Cro Cop is too lazy to do anything about it.
    Last edited by MMA_scientist; 03-01-2011 at 11:09 AM.

I have only see the fight once, but I remember Shaub's face was a mess at the post fight press conference. So his striking defense may be suspect as well.

Schaub shut doen Gonzaga in their fight but Gonzaga looked like he just gave up. I don't know what to make of GG. He dropped Shane and CC but he couldn't figure out Schaub. Either Schaub is just really good or GG folded in that fight.

CC hasn't really looked THAT bad but I still have no idea what CC is going to show up. I'd like to see how he looks when he weighs in.

Yeah CroCop looked good in the Pat Barry fight. Despite getting dropped twice and what looked like his jaw broken in the first round, he showed surprising resiliency and was actually throwing in combinations, which slow plodding UFC CroCop seldom does.

I'm certainly not going to watch it again, but I recall him looking quite the opposite in the Mir fight. I don't know if that's a reflection on Mir shutting his game down or if they were too busy chatting it up in the cage.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

I was thinking it was because CC didn't want to get taken down to the ground. On the other hand it makes me wonder if he was just gunshy. If thats the case, how will he be after getting knocked out? Schaub isn't that bad, he handled Gonzaga on the feet and he is pretty big. Gonzaga KO'd CC. I personally think it was a bit of a fluke kick but who knows. Maybe CC reflexes slowed. If CC gets to +200 I will throw 1-2u on him. I'm not risking anything on him at even odds though. It's not like CC is anything special off his back and I think Schaub might be able to put him there. He might not be able to but I can't bank on CC stoping the takedown. Schaub is kind of a mystery right now too. He has only had like 7 fights.

IMO schaub is extremely good. Excellent striking, good takedowns, etc. IMO he is going to dominate Cro cop.
    To tell you the trhuth, I have been looking at it many times and I seriously think that he took a dive in his fight with big country. Maybe he was offered a big amount of money to do so, I don't know. But hey, I know not everyone is going to agree with that statement and I am well aware of it.

I just started to look at Jim Miller/Kamal Shalorus. Miller is probably going to win easy. Kamal is the most predictable striker ever, he throws 2 haymakers repeatedly..that is basically all he did against Dave Jansen

Quote Originally Posted by trotterz View Post
    IMO schaub is extremely good. Excellent striking, good takedowns, etc. IMO he is going to dominate Cro cop.
    To tell you the trhuth, I have been looking at it many times and I seriously think that he took a dive in his fight with big country. Maybe he was offered a big amount of money to do so, I don't know. But hey, I know not everyone is going to agree with that statement and I am well aware of it.
    Really? I think Schaub is massively overhyped and I think his stock has peaked because they keep giving him easy fights, with the exception of Gonzaga (who turned out to be a shell version of GG, but the UFC didn't know that). He has decent hands but not much power for a HW (when compared to true HW power punchers like Carwin and JDS), his takedown defense is poor to decent, and his ground game is poor to decent.

Not knocking your opinion of him, but I just think it is interesting that two people can see the same fighter and see 2 totally different things. I would like to see a rematch with Madsen, I think Madsen would beat him now.

only time will tell, but I think he is going to be extremely good, especially seeing how fast he is becoming better. As of now, this is probably going to be my only bet on the ufc 128 card. Really confident about it

on a side note, I was also going to bet heavy on vemola over cane, but the fight got cancelled