Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 128 Newark, NJ March 19 Rua vs Jones

Quote Originally Posted by trotterz View Post
    only time will tell, but I think he is going to be extremely good, especially seeing how fast he is becoming better. As of now, this is probably going to be my only bet on the ufc 128 card. Really confident about it
    I really don't see why you think his fight with Roy was rigged. Roy is a pretty good fighter, a better fighter if you ask me. His win over GG is good but that's about all he has done. His main weapon seems to be his striking and CC is a very good striker. He has like 40-50 amateur boxing matches, 25 or so kickboxing matches and probably 40 MMA fights. I wouldn't be suprised to see Schaub win but I won't bee betting him, especially since I think he will become a favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by trotterz View Post
    To tell you the trhuth, I have been looking at it many times and I seriously think that he took a dive in his fight with big country. Maybe he was offered a big amount of money to do so, I don't know. But hey, I know not everyone is going to agree with that statement and I am well aware of it.
    Let's disregard, for a moment, all the reasons that doesn't make any sense at all, and focus on one thing. Are you suggesting Schaub can make his eyes do donuts in his skull at will?
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

Quote Originally Posted by zY| View Post
    Let's disregard, for a moment, all the reasons that doesn't make any sense at all, and focus on one thing. Are you suggesting Schaub can make his eyes do donuts in his skull at will?
    Are you saying you dont think fighters take dives in fights?
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    What could possibly be the upside to Nelson winning TUF over someone like Schaub who is young, very talented yet raw, and nothing but upside?
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

I knew a lot of people would disagree,
    for the info, I also tought that stevenson took a dive in the danzig fight, the punch looked week, and stevenson has a pretty pretty solid chin.
    For the reasons for it, I have no clue what they were, maybe he was offered a lot of money to lose, or he and his family friend had placed a large bet amounts on danzig to win the fight, so it is an easy way to make money. I have no clue but it wouldn't be the first time someone lose on purpose because he placed some money on the other guy.

And before everyone starts trowing rocks at me, I am not saying that schaub and stevenson took a dive for sure in their fight, this is just my opinion. And |zY , to answer your question, I think that this was all acting what schaub did when he got ''knocked out'' and one of the reason for it is that it was just really overplayed. it just didn't look right

I'm saying Schaub didn't and it's asinine to think so.

Lol at you guys.

I am sure fighters take dives, but Roy was (and is IMO) a way better fighter than Schaub (who only had like 3 fights at the time). Schaub nearly lost like 3 times in the TUF house, he had to come from behind in every fight to win. I had a very large bet on Roy because I was almost postive he would beat Schaub. There is no reason to think Schaub took a dive in that fight. If he was going to, it would have been a lot easier and less painful to let Roy hold him down and sub him of love tap him until the ref pulled him off. Roy took him down and Schaub got back up.

I know that fighters take dives, but I do not think guys purposely get knocked unconscious very often (Schaub or Stevonson). If Stevenson ever took a dive it was against Sotiropolous. He just did not look like he was trying to win, but he wasn't taking a lot of damage either. That is how you take a dive.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Quote Originally Posted by LudoCain View Post
    What could possibly be the upside to Nelson winning TUF over someone like Schaub who is young, very talented yet raw, and nothing but upside?

That wasnt my question. I didnt ask if he thought Schuab took a dive against Nelson I asked if he thought fighters never take dives in general
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Ok guys my comeback has to start here. What do you guys think the best bets on this card are (or will be)?

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333 View Post
    Ok guys my comeback has to start here. What do you guys think the best bets on this card are (or will be)?
    I know Joseph Benavidez is a badass. I have to read about Ian Loveland though.

I am curious to see the lines on Miller/Shalorus and Faber/Wineland. I can't really find video on Wineland, but I know his game is striking and Faber's is his grappling. Anybody have any input on this fight?

I think Miller will win but I wont be betting on him. Shalarous has the tools to win...

Elliot marshall might be decent bet if he is a big dog.

So far I am liking Nate Marquardt, Faber, Benavidez. On top of that maybe Edson Barboza, Cro cop, Gleison Tibau. I think this will be a good weekend for me.

Quote Originally Posted by edman5555 View Post
    I think Miller will win but I wont be betting on him. Shalarous has the tools to win...

LOL what tools? I'll be stunned if Miller DOESNT destroy Shalarous . I'd put the line at -250
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

LOL what tools? I'll be stunned if Miller DOESNT destroy Shalarous . I'd put the line at -250
    He has the wrestling to stop Millers takedowns and he is tough as nails in the standup. I know he is raw and he kinda sucks but he can swing for the fences and take whatever punishment Miller throws at him. I think Miller has the clear advantage but I won't be placing a significant bet on him at FAV odds. I bet he will be like -350.

Quote Originally Posted by edman5555 View Post
    He has the wrestling to stop Millers takedowns and he is tough as nails in the standup. I know he is raw and he kinda sucks but he can swing for the fences and take whatever punishment Miller throws at him. I think Miller has the clear advantage but I won't be placing a significant bet on him at FAV odds. I bet he will be like -350.
    I agree that his wrestling should be better. His wrestling is actually top notch.

He also has a lot of power. Just watch the Will Kerr fight. If he hits Miller like that it could be goodnight.

Of course Miller should be favored, though. He will probably win. But if he's -350 I will be on Shalorus or nothing.
    I heart cock

I'm reading about Eddie Wineland. He seems pretty good. He's a former wrestler with powerful hands. I could see Faber having trouble with him. What do you guys think?

Faber cant lose Dana is getting ready to set up Cruz vs Faber as the next TUF coaches and that would runi his plans
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP