Page 1 of 29 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Strikeforce's 2011 Heavyweight Grand-Prix

Strikeforce's 2011 Heavyweight Grand-Prix

And here I spent my days thinking the closest we would ever get to the Strikeforce Heavyweight GP would be on Sunday Night Fights. I'm glad I was wrong as usual, it turns out TATAME has the details regarding the long rumored Strikeforce heavyweight GP. So just what is happening with the nuclear stockpile of heavyweights Strikeforce has been amassing? Take a load off, its Sunday, I'm losing in fantasy football so let me break it down for you.

It looks like Fedor/Bigfoot is going to be the opening quarterfinal match in February 2011. I still stand by Fedor fighting at the Arnolds in March, but for now, Fedor and Bigfoot Silva are touching gloves this Black History Month. The other quarterfinal bouts are shaping up to be Werdum/Kharitonov which will go down in March. It's nice to finally see Kharitonov back in action. Rogers vs. Barnett will be added to a card that definitely wont take place in California. And finally, The Reem will take on Arvloski in a match that could have theoretically happened in the 2010 K-1 GP. TATAME is also reporting that the tourney will be divided into three stages: quarterfinal, semifinal and finals for the two of you who don't know how a tournament is structured, and starting with the semifinals, all of this will be broadcast on PPV.

2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Re: Strikeforce's 2011 Heavyweight Grand-Prix

lmao, yeah right. Odds on Strikeforce actually being able to go through with their plans: +500000000

Strikeforce on Pay Per View? Showtime = not impressed.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

Brett Rogers vs Josh Barnett...this would be very lulzworthy if it really happened

I think putting these on PPV is a good idea. I'm not going to buy them but I'm sure Strikeforce will put a better card on PPV than alot of UFC cards that are on PPV
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

This is pretty fucking cool. If they spread them out though then its not really a grand prix. A grand prix has guys fighting multiple times on one night. If they dont do that then they are really only doing a tournanment and they are trying to call it a grand prix just to hype it up. If ya know what i mean.
    1 unit = 300 $

Quote Originally Posted by edman5555
    If ya know what i mean.
    We do, as a matter of fact.
    I heart cock

I love it, but I have a feeling this thing will fall apart. Either M-1 fucks over everyone if Fedor beats Bigfoot, or Barnett fucks up again. Then I'm sure one or two guys will pull out with an injury.

Then Dana will tell big nose Helwani, about how this is why the UFC don't do Gran Prix's.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

If it happens it is awesome. Odds of it happening are slim though. SF can't even get Fedor to fight once per year, I doubt they can get him to do a Bellator style tourney...
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

The first two quarterfinal bouts will take place on Feb. 12, with Fedor Emelianenko taking on Antonio Silva, while Sergei Kharitonov will face Andrei Arlovski. Earlier Tuesday, MMA Fighting reported Emelianenko's contract extension with Strikeforce, paving the way for his entrance into the field.

The other two quarterfinal bouts include Josh Barnett facing Brett Rogers and Alistair Overeem taking on Fabricio Werdum, the last man to beat Emelianenko.

While the Emelianenko-Silva and Kharitonov-Arlovski fights will take place at the Izod Center in East Rutherford, New Jersey, the location and date of the second set of quarterfinals is still to be determined.

Noice!

I have my doubts that this will go through, but I am hoping the bracket is set up so Fedor/Silva and Werdum/Overeem winners fight each other.

inb4 Silva vs Werdum

Seriously though, Barnett will fuck this up. He hasn't been cleared yet, and when he does he will probably just fail another drug test. Hopefully they have Del Rosario, Cormier, Johnson, or maybe even Sylvia to be a back up for this.

I hope they are on opposite sides of the bracket. While I live Werdum and hope he wins, any one of the guys in the tourney could beat him, he won't make it to the finals. I would like to see Overeem/Fedor final. I would also like to see Arlovski/Fedor again. IMOm Barnett will make the final if he doesn't have to fight Overeem.

I would love it of the expanded it to include Cormier and Sylvia.

Cormier is going to be champ at some point.

I give Overeem the edge against Werdum. From what I read he was dominating in the first fight before Werdum subbed him. He is just so god damn big and hits so god damn hard. I'd like to see Fedor Vs Overeem in the finals as well. Only because I would like to bet a shitload of money on Reem. I bet I could get him at Udog odds.

Cant wait to see how if after Fedor wins, M1 wants to renegotiate the deal they just signed.

Yeah M1 is ridiculous and I am legitimately at the point where I don't really care what Fedor does. I used to follow it almost daily. I don't believe he can run the gauntlet and beat everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333 View Post
    lmao, yeah right. Odds on Strikeforce actually being able to go through with their plans: +500000000

Can I still get money down at +500000000?
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Can I still get money down at +500000000?
    No the line was taken down last night