Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast

Thread: Strikeforce's 2011 Heavyweight Grand-Prix

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    How so ? Besides they keep more of the profits for themselves?
    I dunno. You know more about it than me, but I know it's different. When Tyson's running around with like 4 heavyweight belts you know the shit ain't the same.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    LOL

These guys are THE top stars of Strikeforce. So would Diaz be making as much in the UFC? No. But then again he wouldn't be the fucking champ either.

If you want to make an honest comparison, then ask why Diaz, Cung Le, Melendez, Noons, etc aren't making as much as the UFC's top stars.

Diaz might be making more than he would in the UFC. Dan Henderson might be making more than he would in the UFC. But their standings in their respective divisions are much higher in SF than they would be in the UFC as well.

Dan was the #1 contender in the UFC. He didn't lose til he went to SF. I think Hendo is an exception though, because he is about ready to retire, he has fought all over the world and is aleady well off. So he can say fuck off the UFC and he knows he has options.

Diaz made pretty good money in 2010, if he is broke, then that is because he is a clown. He probably made at least $200k. He doesn't have special nutritionists or a special camp that he pays. He trains in a jj gym and gets cornered by his brother. He has sponsors. If he is driving a busted down Honda it is because he is spending too much on weed. He should be living pretty well. Even if he paid out more than I think, he made at least $100k, which is a lot, and you can live pretty well on 100k per year.

LOL

These guys are THE top stars of Strikeforce. So would Diaz be making as much in the UFC? No. But then again he wouldn't be the fucking champ either.

If you want to make an honest comparison, then ask why Diaz, Cung Le, Melendez, Noons, etc aren't making as much as the UFC's top stars.

Diaz might be making more than he would in the UFC. Dan Henderson might be making more than he would in the UFC. But their standings in their respective divisions are much higher in SF than they would be in the UFC as well.
    You cant compare the SF champ to the UFC champ thats like comparing to President of the United States to the Student body President ,its not the same

UFC is the biggest org. in the world I think they should be paying the most money to fighters, when fighters go to strikeforce and make more than they did in the UFC I consider that SF paying more. When a fighter in SF makes more money in SF than he could if he was fighting in the UFC I consider SF pays better .

In boxing if you go from fighting PPV main events or on HBO to fighting on FSN or ESPN I dont care who you are you arent going to get paid more on ESPN or FSN than you did on PPV or HBO events
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Don't forget to calculate sponsorships. If he really wanted to be ambitious he could go out on the road and do seminars on MMA. I am sure people would pay to go spar with Nick Diaz.

I dunno. You know more about it than me, but I know it's different. When Tyson's running around with like 4 heavyweight belts you know the shit ain't the same.
    Its not much different . You just have to think of the WBC,WBA and IBF titles as the UFC,SF and K-1 titles basically . If Tyson had all 3 belts it would be like being the SF,UFC and K-1 champ all at the sametime
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Its not much different . You just have to think of the WBC,WBA and IBF titles as the UFC,SF and K-1 titles basically . If Tyson had all 3 belts it would be like being the SF,UFC and K-1 champ all at the sametime
    inb4overreemwinsthatlastbeltviahorsemeatyoubitchas snigga
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Yeah, but it's not like you ever hear about "WBC 36: Pacquaio vs Mosely." Nor does it seem like any fighters ever belong to a single promotion and fight only for that promotion.

It seems to be that boxing promoters put on individual events and then go find fighters to fight at these events. The UFC puts on a branded series and has a stable of fighters that fight only for them.

My guess is that the UFC's overhead is a lot greater than the WBC's or whoever. The last time an MMA promotion tried to pay millions of dollars they went under after like 3 events. The UFC on the other hand built themselves up slowly and pay HAS increased over time. The top guys in the UFC 7 or 8 years ago weren't making anywhere near the money that GSP or Liddell or Couture does today, especially when you bring the PPV revenue sharing into the conversation.

My thing is that I don't claim to know what kind of expenses the UFC has to deal with on the backend. Could they pay more? I suspect they could. But could they pay like boxing? I don't think they could and still survive.
    I heart cock

what do you think guys like gsp, lidell, lesnar, etc make in ppv bonus's?

My thing is that I don't claim to know what kind of expenses the UFC has to deal with on the backend. Could they pay more? I suspect they could. But could they pay like boxing? I don't think they could and still survive.

Why would the UFC be paying anymore expenses than a boxing event does? They both pay site fees,doctors ,announcers etc .

If the UFC has a $3 million gate and sells 1 million PPV's at 55 a piece thats 58 million dollars

If boxing has a $3 million gate and sell 1 million PPV's at 55 a piece thats also 58 million dollars.

The difference is boxings payouts to the fighters might be 30-40 million for the event and the UFC might be 2.5 million

If both promotions are making the same amount for an event why cant they pay the same? Unless I'm missing a mountain they can the UFC just chooses not to
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by edman5555 View Post
    what do you think guys like gsp, lidell, lesnar, etc make in ppv bonus's?

no idea I havent really ever heard what % of PPV sales any fighters have got
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Keep in mind the UFC is a corporation with a massive staff of people on the payroll. It's not just Dana White and Joe Silva. They handle every aspect of their product including production.

I agree that the fighters should get paid more, but the UFC model is entirely different than the boxing model. A lot of the money is going into expanding the business in every way imaginable and pushing for regulation all over the globe.
    Last edited by zY|; 01-20-2011 at 07:04 PM.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

^^^ That's pretty much what I'm getting at. The UFC has a ton of expenses, many of which aren't even directly related to putting on an event.
    I heart cock

^^^ That's pretty much what I'm getting at. The UFC has a ton of expenses, many of which aren't even directly related to putting on an event.

you are one hell of a UFC nuthugger ,Dana would be proud
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

you are one hell of a UFC nuthugger ,Dana would be proud
    Why don't you just admit when you're wrong?
    I heart cock

Why don't you just admit when you're wrong?

Wrong? You must be dumb as a rock or on Dana's cock at the moment

I said UFC fighters dont get paid enough ,you have made every excuse in the book why they cant pay fighter more like you're on their payroll. Not once have you showed a single fact or figure showing all these "extra expenses" you are talking about and why they cant pay more
    Does the UFC spend more on expanding ? Yes but they also make money way more money off sponsors than boxing does, they make a ton off TUF,and they make a ton selling gear so give me more excuses why they cant pay fighters decent money.

But hey when your favorite fighter Pulver is a vegetable drooling on himself because he got KTFO too many times because he needs money you keep telling yourself the UFC didnt have anymore money to hand out

Facts are Dana White owns 10% of the UFC and is worth 150 million .They've owned the UFC for 9 years. Bob Arum has promoted boxing for 40 years and has a net worth of 250 million so whos greasing their pockets more?

The UFC is worth 1.5+ billion dollars dont tell me they cant pay their fighters boxing salaries.

But if you want to be naive fine with me
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

I'm just going to say that I never said fighters shouldn't get paid more or that the UFC can't pay them more. In fact, I said the exact opposite.
    I heart cock

What do undercard fighters in boxing make?
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

Quote Originally Posted by zY| View Post
    What do undercard fighters in boxing make?

Its all according to who they are and how far down the card they are . The first fighters on a card around 10k ,the guys right before the main event generally a couple hundred thousand unless they are a known fighter then it will obv me more. I mean if Mosley is fighting some can on the undercard of Manny-Marg he's probably making 500-750k to fight but most of them its probably only a few hundred thousand
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

I'm just going to say that I never said fighters shouldn't get paid more or that the UFC can't pay them more. In fact, I said the exact opposite.

Well that was my whole arguement.If you are agreeing with me what am I suppose to be admitting I'm wrong about?
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Well that was my whole arguement.If you are agreeing with me what am I suppose to be admitting I'm wrong about?
    My whole point was that the UFC's operating expenses are greater than a boxing org like the WBC's. Then again, I'm no expert. What do I know. But that seems obvious to me on the surface.

But yes, I agree that fighters should be paid more. I've said that in the past. I've even said that it's an insult that even the lowliest undercard fighter is making $3K to fight for the greatest MMA org in the world, a position that I've actually been argued with in the past for holding.

Bottom line is that I don't know exactly what the UFC is making or how much is costs to run their business. I do know that the fighters today are making a lot more than they were making 10 years ago. I've heard that a few (like Couture), after PPV shares, have cleared a million dollars.

As for me being a UFC nuthugger, well, I do like the UFC. I think they put on the best show of all the orgs, both in terms of talent and production. I like both Rogan and Goldberg. It gives me a good feeling inside when they commentate as a team, like hanging out with old friends. Dana White is crass and can he extremely selfish, but I also think he's good for the organization and good for the sport. And I think the UFC is good for the sport and that it wouldn't be where it is today without White's and the Fertitta's business sense.

With all that said, I obviously don't like it that they arbitrarily ban sponsors, or arbitrarily revoke legitimately publications' press credentials, or that anyone makes $3K to fight on one of their cards.

I also like Strikeforce and Bellator.

And while I'm not the biggest JMMA fan and always lose my bets when I bet on those orgs, I like DREAM and WVR as well and think that it's a good change of pace when I do watch it.
    I heart cock