Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast

Thread: Strikeforce's 2011 Heavyweight Grand-Prix

Quote Originally Posted by zY| View Post
    Lol. Didn't we go over this last year?
    Maybe.

I don't find knowing that kind of shit necessary for me to be successful at betting, so I usually don't put the time into figuring it out. But I would rather know it than not know it.

This will probably come back up again next year and I still will not know, though.
    I heart cock

I wouldn't put anything on Fedor to win the tournament unless I was guaranteed a refund in the event of funny shit going down with M1. Hand injury, refusing to fight Reem unless he's ultra-tested for roids, holding out for more money, etc.

This is Strikeforce and M1 we're talking about. I still feel like something is bound to go wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    I don't even know how you calculated that.

insertfacepalm.jpg
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

Villante/Griggs

From what I have read, Villante seems like a solid prospect. He was a HS state champion in wrestling, looks like he has decent kickboxing, but he is only a blue belt in bjj, which means he is still somewhat green. But they are HW's... I read that Villante wants to keep it standing and look for the KO.

Griggs is obviously tough, he doesn't have dominant skills, but he can clearly survive on the mat. He looks like he has pretty good defensive skills off his back, but he is not much of a threat for a sweep or submission.

I think it is going to come down to the striking exchanges. Villante's gas tank and gameplan are the questions.

Anyway, I will take Villante @ close to even or +odds. Nothing I want to get crazy on. It is Villante's first fight on a big stage and Griggs is no pushover.

ugh I missed Villante @+120. As soon as I got to bookmaker the line shifted.

Well I went ahead and grabbed Villante @-130. I was waiting to see where the line would shift but he kept moving up instead of going back down. Looks like I was right about where the line would be set.

Yeah I'm going to skip on Villante. I wasn't expecting undercard odds so I am going to take a look at that. Maybe there will be something worth betting on.

It's hard on these cards because I don't know who any of these people are.

Quote Originally Posted by edman5555 View Post
    Yeah I'm going to skip on Villante. I wasn't expecting undercard odds so I am going to take a look at that. Maybe there will be something worth betting on.
    Yeah I didn't even think they would release them so I am going to look at them later. I also want to look at Del Rosario vs Lavar Johnson..I am leaning Del Rosario already though

Villante doesn't sound like a horrible bet or anything I just can't say he has a definite advantage. Griggs just beat a better wrestler than him. Griggs also can obv hit hard so that always makes it a toss up. I also haven't seen either of them fight. The fact that Villante was *almost* in the NFL must mean he is a good athlete. I can see why he is favored but I don't feel I have enough to place a bet on. I am trying to be tight here, I want to keep my winning record.

Jason Mclean = Collegiate wrestler, all american I think. 5-3, been training 2 years.

His opponent Kevin Roddy is a bjj black belt (from Kurt Pellegrino). Roddy is 9-11 in competition. Wins mostly by sub

John Cholish. Wrestler from Cornell.

Marc Stevens. Wrestled from age 5 up until college. One semester, quit. Mr. Stevens began wrestling at age 5 and competed through high school at South Jefferson Central School District. He was a Section 3 runner-up as a senior Spartan, then received a scholarship to wrestle at the University at Buffalo. After a semester, he decided to switch gears and train full-time in jiu-jitsu and mixed martial arts in Syracuse.

"I've always been a fan of MMA," he said.

In 2008, he won the 187-pound division of the Empire State Games' Greco-Roman wrestling competition. He won a gold medal and a silver medal during the Grappler's Quest Copa Atlantica Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Championships in Morristown, N.J., and won a Ring of Combat mixed martial arts event in April 2007 in Atlantic City, N.J.

Marc Stevens was on TUF last season. He was the guy that was Koscheck's first pick and then got subbed twice by guillotine. He is not very good IMO. Cholish trains with Renzo as well as being a wrestler, probably comes down to gas and hands though.

Roddy looks like he sucks balls. His 9 wins mostly came early, he is 3-10 in his last 13. But Mclean doesn't look great himself... I can't bet that one.

Yeah I can't bet any of these. Shane looks like he is good but Lavar has huge power. It's too much of a gamble. All of these are. I don't know much about any of them and I don't feel like watching a bunch of tape. I investigated a little bit but I am probably done for now. I'm not betting just to try my luck. That's how I usually lose. I'm going to wait until I see something that jumps out at me. That might be a while though. I usually like to start with guys I know something about already.

Any chance Igor Gracie is being overvalued because of his last name?

While looking at Johnson/Del Rosario, I found this:

http://www.mma-core.com/videos/_Lava...i?vid=10006409

Johnson's opponent is a middleweight can by the way.

imo, Del Rosario is the better technical striker for sure, much quicker, and won't be at a huge size disadvantage like most of Johnson's opponents in the past. Johnson obviously has power, but I think Del Rosario is going to win. Johnson just goes nuts and throws wide looping flurries, then gets tired. When he throws these flurries he tends to put his head up with his chin right up to get tagged. For a HW striker, Del Rosario is pretty active and slick off of his back. If it gets down there, Del Rosario has the edge.

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333 View Post
    Well I went ahead and grabbed Villante @-130. I was waiting to see where the line would shift but he kept moving up instead of going back down. Looks like I was right about where the line would be set.
    After some thinking, I didn't do enough looking at this fight and there are too many unknowns...arbed out of it.

I am probably just going to throw a small play down on a wisemann special just to satisfy the monster inside me. These are difficult fights because none of the guys on the card oare very good, or they are both very good.

I keep coming back to that Arlovski Kharitinov fight though. Hoping for Arlovski to return to form is probably a lost cause, but I can't help but think he is going to out box Kharitinov here. At + odds or even odds I am thinking about that bet. He is +105 on Bodog now, I can get him @ -105 on 5d.

Been looking at Cholish/Stephens. Can't bet that one. If i was going to, it would be on Stevens. Cholish should be the better wrestler and looks like he has some subs too, winning his last fight by inverted triangle. But I can't -200 to bet on a guy that has really never fought anyone. Stevens is not a pushover.