Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst ... 23456712 ... LastLast

Thread: Strikeforce's 2011 Heavyweight Grand-Prix

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333 View Post
    no the line was taken down last night

fffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuucccccccccckkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!! Meeeee
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by edman5555 View Post
    I give Overeem the edge against Werdum. From what I read he was dominating in the first fight before Werdum subbed him. He is just so god damn big and hits so god damn hard. I'd like to see Fedor Vs Overeem in the finals as well. Only because I would like to bet a shitload of money on Reem. I bet I could get him at Udog odds.
    I think Overeem would probably beat Werdum this time around as well. Honestly, any fighter in the tourney COULD beat Werdum on any given night. I think he could beat anyone, but his style just doesn't lend itself to beating a variety of styles.

I think Fedor would beat Overeem though. I wouldn't be shocked if Barnett won the whole thing either. Arlovski is done overall, but could knock someone off too.

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist View Post
    I think Overeem would probably beat Werdum this time around as well. Honestly, any fighter in the tourney COULD beat Werdum on any given night. I think he could beat anyone, but his style just doesn't lend itself to beating a variety of styles.

I think Fedor would beat Overeem though. I wouldn't be shocked if Barnett won the whole thing either. Arlovski is done overall, but could knock someone off too.

Barnett ? Seriously?
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

^^^^^^^^ So we're looking at a Barnett -Fedor or Overeem-Barnett final ?

Wonder if any books will put up odds for the winner of the tourney?
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

They should take Rogers out and replace him with Cormier or Timmeh.

Shane Del Rosario fights Lavar Johnson on Feb. 12 in an alternate Strikeforce heavyweight tournament fight. Will be on the televised card

Ray Sefo vs. Valentijn Overeem verbally agreed for Feb. 12 SF.
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

SDR and Johnson?! I can't wait for that shit

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Barnett ? Seriously?
    I can't stand Barnett, he is fuckn tool IMO. But he is pretty damn good. And he has a style that I could see winning a grandprix. He is well rounded: good enough striking to beat most of the guys, strong takedowns, good submissions. He can use his ground game to beat Overeem, use his top control to beat Fedor, and use his striking to beat Werdum.

Not saying he will win it, but it is totally viable. Whereas a guy like Werdum, he pretty much has to take these guys down to beat them. He can do it to several of them, but I think he could easily get knocked out by Fedor, Overeem, Rogers (Arlovski already stuffed his takedowns once), and Bigfoot nearly beat him in round 1 of thier 1st fight.

I just think a style to win a tourney is different than a style to win a selected opponent. You have to either be able to impose your game on everyone by being the best wrestler, or be very well rounded.

I hope the give us early odds on who wins the whole thing. I think you could probably get pretty good odds on anyone but Overeem or Fedor.

Looking at that bracket, I would bet on Barnett because he has a much easier path to the finals than Overeem/Fedor.

I just read that they are trying to set up Kyle/Mousasi for the February card as well.

Barnett should beat Rogers. I don't know who wins between Arlovski and Sergei. Barnett has a good chance of beating either one of them. Hopefully Fedor beats Silva. Don't forget the size difference and the fact that Silva is pretty decent. If he can take Fedor down he might be able to pound him out. I am sure he can defend subs well enough, he is a black belt. Whatever happens, I hope Overeem wins. I know he would crush Giant Silva and I think he would crush Fedor. I would bet both pretty hard.

I don't see what advantages you think Fedor holds. Honestly I think he gets crushed or he lands a lucky punch.

After seeing the way Silva got dropped by Kyle, I can see Fedor Knocking him out early.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Yeah I am concerned Bigfoot will use his size and keep Fedor up against the cage/get takedowns and stay there

It can go either way.

I'm reading that everytime the title is on the line its going to be a 5 round fight ,the rest will be 3 round fights . I guess thats how it should be but it justs seems odd to me some fights are 3 rounds and some are 5 .
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Fedor will whup Bigfoot easily. Bigfoot's bjj is not good enough to stop Fedor. Even though Bigfoot is pretty big, he isn't really any bigger than Werdum. Actually, when they fought, Werdum looked like the bigger of the two to me.

I can't believe how quickly people are changing their tune on Fedor. Last year, he was totally unstoppable and Werdum had no chance. He damn near finished Werdum in 30 seconds, ends up making a tactical mistake by not respecting Werdum's guard, and now he might lose to Bigfoot? GTFO, Fedor is and should be the favorite in the tournament. He can beat Overeem in a number of ways... by just outlasting the initial onslaught the fight changes dramatically. I wouldn't be surprised to see Fedor knock Overeem out either. Or take him down and wail on him, or even submit him. I never thought Fedor was invincible, but I don't sell him short either. He is the greatest MMA fighter of all time, and he lost to a legit opponent who he dropped seconds into the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist View Post
    I can't believe how quickly people are changing their tune on Fedor. Last year, he was totally unstoppable and Werdum had no chance. He damn near finished Werdum in 30 seconds, ends up making a tactical mistake by not respecting Werdum's guard, and now he might lose to Bigfoot? GTFO, Fedor is and should be the favorite in the tournament. .

People overreact to everything . If Fedor lines is decent I'm jumping all over it
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    People overreact to everything . If Fedor lines is decent I'm jumping all over it
    Truth.

I still think fedor is one of the best, I was just throwing out possible ways he may lose. I think fedor will be -450 or worse.