Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast

Thread: Strikeforce's 2011 Heavyweight Grand-Prix

LOL awesome. Fedor takes this tourney with EASE.

Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

Fedor is a legitimate badass. He has warm up pants on with a leather jacket and boots and he still looks awesome.

Fight will be won with this:

Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IWS Zak View Post
    Fight will be won with this:

And so it begins:

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/1/19...inals#comments

"The only thing I said and will say, Fedor - is clean. He trains in the mountains, to improve endurance, and from the eight fighters, they have already caught two for doping - Josh Barnett and Antonio Silva. And surely someone else uses it, while they insist that it is all the same, to have equal strength."

"We have never shied away from a particular battle, I just want for his fighter to be professional opponent, "not a chemist." Today doping can significantly add speed and endurance. We just want all parties to the Grand Prix and potential rivals to play by the rules."

"Terms of the tournament are determined, the grid is painted. Although, if Fedor will be in the semi-finals, I plan to insist on a thorough verification of the opponent on drugs. You know, I experienced a lot of problems when there was a struggle with Josh Barnett, and do not want this situation again. I then had a lot of money to lose on advertising and a big problem with television. I want this time for everyone to know and be aware of the facts that they will test it very seriously."

Is it just me, or has AA gotten smaller since his UFC days?

no he has definitely leaned out. He had a lot less mass when he fought Bigfoot. He is trying to be a straight up boxer these days, so he doesn't need a lot of mass. He came out in a boxing robe and the whole thing.

How do you guys seeing Sergei/AA going?

AA fucked up when he grew the beard.

He's a much more handsome fellow with a smooth face. Also, he wins more fights that way.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333 View Post
    How do you guys seeing Sergei/AA going?
    Well AA is going to find out if he can box or not. Sergei is a fine boxer himself, and he doesn't suffer the chin issues that AA has. I kind of doubt Sergei can get it down, though I wouldn't be shocked. Sergei can box and wrestle and he has some submissions, but like a lot fo the russian guys his technical grappling is not that great. He got totally worked by Monson on the ground. He knocked out everyone's favorite teen idol Alistair Overeem, you can see the full gamut of his skills in that fight, he shoots in on Overeem and trades hands with him. I think Sergie has all the skills to beat almost any HW, but teh only thing he lacks is the athleticism. Watching video, Arlovski just seems a lot faster to me. I think Arlovski will jab his way to a decision or Sergei will knock him out. On teh ground it is probably a wash.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wm1nz9753TY

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2z...khariton_sport

All his fights are online so it should be easy. I think it is hard to bet because you really have to just rely on your own eye and who you think is going to win the striking exchanges. It will be won standing IMO.

"Sergei started his Amateur Boxing Career in 2000. He tried to get into the Russian Olympic Boxing team but got injured in the semi finals during a live boxing TV event. Instead he competed for Tajikistan in 2003 at the Central Asian Games where he won a silver medal.[5] Kharitonov earned a shot at that year’s Olympics, representing former Tajikistan (the former Soviet republics often have ethnic Russians on their teams) but passed on the chance to instead fight in the Pride 2004 Heavyweight Grand Prix."

You would think that would make him a better boxer than Arlovski. I put 2.5u on Sergei at even money. I somewhat regret the decision but what can I do now.

Both sides have concerns there. Arlovski has shown a tendency to go into "stupid defense" mode when under duress and it has cost him(he moved straight back when Rogers hit him). But his technique and speed are some of the best in the MMA heavyweight division. Sergei hits like a truck, is very durable, but has limited use for kicks and also has a flat footed style that may give him problems in chasing down Arlovski. If I had to bet I'd go with Sergei because he can end this fight at any time, but Arlovski has the technical edge from what I've seen.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

I give an edge to AA, just because of his speed. He has power too, he just hasn't shown it in a while. He used to knock guys out all the time.

Yeah but Arlovski has entered into an identity crisis of late. He didn't fight like he knew he could win against Bigfoot.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

This one is hard to call. I see what your saying about the speed.

What if AA just comes in and runs this thing all the way to the end and beats Fedor in their rematch?

Wouldn't that be some shit. . .
    I heart cock

I would be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    What if AA just comes in and runs this thing all the way to the end and beats Fedor in their rematch?

Wouldn't that be some shit. . .

I dont even know if he'll make it past his first round match ,lets be honest he hasnt won a fight in 2+ years

For some reason AA just looks weaker to me . I know he's leaner but whats going to stop these bigger guys from manhandling him?
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Yeah I'm kinda leaning towards Sergei knocking his black ass out.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit