Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast

Thread: Strikeforce's 2011 Heavyweight Grand-Prix

What are you looking at for SF 1/29?

I like Diaz, but haven't looked at it too much. I like Jacare, but not his line. I think Roger will get it done, but value will be with Prangley +odds (though I don't bet against Roger out of respect). Can't find anything on Carson, but will still take him at the right odds.

I already bet Diaz.

I think Jacare is going to win, but I am not convinced he won't get caught. He got tired in the Villasenor fight, and I think Lawler could capitalize on that if it does happen. But, Lawler will probably real tentative like he was with Babalu, so I don't think Lawler will go in throwing those big hooks which minimizes the chance Jacare gets KOd early.

I think Roger will probably win too..but I don't know. I think Prangley will be tentative because he is going to avoid wanting to be wrapped up, and Roger will actually keep him at bay on the feet like he did against Randleman and eventually drag him down. I guess it depends on the line for me.

I didn't even look at the Walker/Carson fight because I don't care.

Lawler has heavy hands and the ability to keep it standing for a reasonable amount of time. That could equal a ko for him. Obv Jacare is more likely to win though as his standup is pretty decent, his wrestling is very good, and his bjj is other worldly. Probably a no bet for me, unless Jacare comes down or there is a line for Jacare sub that is good. I wouldn't be suprised to see that happen, I don't think Lawler is very good on the ground. Most of his losses have been by sub. In the Sobral fight he was scared to engage too. Sobrals standup isn't all that dangerous. He must have been afraid he would end up on the ground with him if he got too close because his grappling isn't very good. Is this a 5 rounder? If it is Jacare by sub will prob be worth a bet if the odds don't suck, which they probably will.

Diaz: I haven't thought too much about Paul Daley, to be honest.
    Jacare: The plan is to bring the jiu-jitsu to the table at the right time.
    Diaz: I don't want to fight unless I'm going to get paid a lot of money.
    Diaz: If someone halfway important is fighting, I'm watching it. I'm familiar with most guys, including Cyborg.
    Jacare: I've fought a lot of tough guys, and I'd put Robbie Lawler right there in the mix.
    Jacare: My takedowns aren't wrestling takedowns. I call them "Jacare takedowns." I put my own twist on them.
    Jacare: My fight with Lawler will look different than Lindland's because both of them are left-handed.
    Diaz: I think Cyborg is the best opponent right now. I want to fight Georges St. Pierre. I think Shields is going to take him out though.
    Diaz: I'd be happy to move up. I just want to get paid for it.
    Diaz: I never said I wouldn't fight Miller because of weight. If I'm going to throw my whole year off, I want to get paid in full.
    Diaz: Tell Miller to get his ass in shape and make 170 or 175 pounds. Or someone can "pay me a couple fucking million dollars" to move up.
    Diaz: I'm over here driving a fucking Honda because my shit's breaking down. Fuck all you, mother fuckers.
    Diaz: Josh Koscheck took an ass whooping in a fight I cornered. The UFC gave him easy fights. I didn't get easy fights in the UFC.
    Diaz: We got this guy who doesn't even fight. He drinks in a bar. And we took him to fight Josh Koscheck.
    Diaz: So when you tell me these guys are the best fighters in the world, it's a fucking joke.
    Diaz: People think GSP is better than me, it's bullshit. He just fought Josh Koscheck. I just told you about him.
    Diaz: Right now, what do you want? You got them ranked above me.

Didn't Diaz make like $100,000 for his last fight? He needs to shut the fuck up about money.
    I heart cock

MMAJunkie reports that Strikeforce: Diaz vs Noons II had a disclosed fighter payroll of $211,500.
    Nick Diaz: $50,000

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    Didn't Diaz make like $100,000 for his last fight? He needs to shut the fuck up about money.

100k isnt shit when you headline a card

nevermind he got 50k for his last fight thats less than shit
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Okay, well I guess this is what I was thinking of:

http://mmajunkie.com/news/17790/stri...arn-100000.mma

Diaz earned $100,000 (which did not include a win bonus) to beat Zaromskis.

Kind of weird that he actually went BACKWARDS in pay in his next fight.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    100k isnt shit when you headline a card
    I agree, but this is MMA. That's still far more than most fighters are making. He also needs to remember that he's in SF, not the UFC.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333 View Post
    Diaz: I'm over here driving a fucking Honda because my shit's breaking down. Fuck all you, mother fuckers.
    Epic
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

I used to hate Diaz, but now I love him. He is hilarious. I mean, he is obviously at least mildly mentally retarded, and you can't take anything he says even close to seriously, but he is definitely the best interview in MMA.

He is making $100k per fight, which is a shit ton for a WW. Fitch only got $54 to show and $54 to win. He is clearly the #2 ww in the world at this point. Diaz's big tough run of fights included Joe Riggs, Diego (who lost to Kos incidentally). He did get some gimme's too, Koji Oishi...

Anyway, he's awesome and delusional. I like how he knows he is craz so sometimes he just doesn't say anything or is really introverted trying to keep the crazy inside. War Diaz. I don't like Nate though, he is just a cheap knock off.

He also needs to remember that he's in SF, not the UFC.

Strikeforce pays lesser known fighters more than the UFC does so .......
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Strikeforce pays lesser known fighters more than the UFC does so .......
    No

Micahel Byrnes: $2,000 ($1,000 win bonus)
    def. David Zitnik: $1,500

Joe Ray: $1,500 ($500 win bonus)
    def. John Clarke: $1,000

David Gomez: $2,000 ($1,000 win bonus)
    def. Craig Oxley: $1,500

Pablo Alfonso: $3,000 ($1,500 win bonus)
    def. Marcos DaMatta: $2,500

Hayder Hassan: $2,000 ($1,000 win bonus)
    def. Ryan Keenan: $2,000

John Kelly: $2,000 ($1,000 win bonus)
    def. Sabah Homasi: $1,000
    I heart cock

I agree, but this is MMA.

The only reason MMA fighters get paid less is because they let the promoters get away with it ,its MMA figters own faults they dont get paid shit. If they all joined together they could be making alot more. The money is there it just all goes to promoters and owners

In boxing a promoter pays one fighter 20 million ,the other fighter 10 million and keeps 10 million for himself. In the UFC Dana pays the whole payroll of 24 fighters 2 million combined and keeps the other 30 million for him and Fertittia brothers
    Last edited by Luke; 01-20-2011 at 04:15 PM.
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

^^^ Maybe so. But UFC is run differently from boxing promotions.
    I heart cock

No
    Are you retarded? Which one of those fighters have you ever heard of before? Which one of those guys you listed have fought in the UFC?

You think Diaz would make 100k a fight in the UFC? You think Cung Le would be making hundreds of thousands a fight in the UFC? Fuck the UFC pays people fighting FOR THE TITLE 40k

I didnt mean the bar fighter from down the street when I said lesser known fighters ,I meant fighters like Diaz,Daley,Hendo,Cung Le,Noons etc. People that arent well known.
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

^^^ Maybe so. But UFC is run differently from boxing promotions.

How so ? Besides they keep more of the profits for themselves?
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Yeah, a couple of fighters with actual pull need to put a stop to it... but the problem is that the only way to get pull and credibility is to be UFC champ. Then if you try to use that influence you will be on the sideline during the prime of your career for at least a year, probably more. So it is going to require some guys to be sacrifice for the good of the community. I would be fine if the UFC folded like Dana always threatens. There will be fights and maybe we could see some fights that we actually want to see. The problem is that the only fighters that are universally accepted as the kings of thier division are Aldo, GSP and Silva. And the UFC would probably be fine even without all 3 of them.

Are you retarded?
    LOL

You think Diaz would make 100k a fight in the UFC? You think Cung Le would be making hundreds of thousands a fight in the UFC? Fuck the UFC pays people fighting FOR THE TITLE 40k
    These guys are THE top stars of Strikeforce. So would Diaz be making as much in the UFC? No. But then again he wouldn't be the fucking champ either.

If you want to make an honest comparison, then ask why Diaz, Cung Le, Melendez, Noons, etc aren't making as much as the UFC's top stars.

Diaz might be making more than he would in the UFC. Dan Henderson might be making more than he would in the UFC. But their standings in their respective divisions are much higher in SF than they would be in the UFC as well.
    I heart cock