Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011

Thread: DREAM DYNAMITE 2010

Quote Originally Posted by zY| View Post
    Because it's not a piece of shit and does everything better. phpbb is free for a reason.

+1
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by edman5555 View Post
    What is your beef with Eddie Bravo?
    I honestly don't care that much, I just act bothered for comedic value. But he and everything he stands for pisses me off.

He is all packaging, no substance. Just a lame salesman trying to be edgy.

If you really want to know, just go over to the grappling forum on sherdog. Basically he's a hack...

And if you want to see the problem with "his" system, watch Bocek use the Tozi pass to totally wreck Hazelett's rubber guard. Tozi pass is absolute poison to rubber guard. But aside from that, I don't think it is a very good system. You see it attempted over and over, and nothing ever happens. Maybe an omoplata, which is fine... but all the rubber guard is a marketing gimmick for a normal traditional omoplata setup. Royce used something similar in the early UFCs.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

I heard Eddie Bravo talking about the Gracies not liking him. This must be why. I get it now.

I heard Eddie Bravo talking about the Gracies not liking him. This must be why. I get it now.
    Yeah, or the fact that Bravo beat Royler

Quote Originally Posted by zY| View Post
    Just stop talking.
    Okay, so tell me smartguy, what is it that you've had a burning desire to do that you can do now that you couldn't in the past? Rep people? Multi-quote?

Get the fuck out, man. I'm not saying the new forum's not cool, but the old one was fine, too.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333 View Post
    Yeah, or the fact that Bravo beat Royler
    That was a long time ago... no one cares about that except Eddie (he has it plastered all over the place). In terms of accomplishments, Eddie is not even in the same discussion with Royler, Eddie has never won a single event in bjj, grappling, and never even fought an MMA fight (yet somehow claims to have designed a system that works better for it). In the very same ADCC where Eddie beat Royler, he lost his very next match in humiliating fashion. He didn't even return to fight for bronze. Royler won ADCC and a whole slew of other things. Royler has been beaten by plenty of guys, and no one "hates them." Besides that, Eddie carries his bjj rank under Jean Jaques Machado, who is part of the Gracie family. It is his antics and marketing that garner all of the hate. And it is not from Royler himself, it is mostly from the rest of the grappling community that think it is ridiculous how much press and nonsense he gets. He is like the Kimbo Slice of grappling, except he actually puts himself forward as an authority, whereas it was thrust upon Kimbo.

^^^lol I was just seeing how irritated you would get

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333 View Post
    ^^^lol I was just seeing how irritated you would get
    Damn it, you managed to suck me in again.

It works every time.

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist View Post
    Damn it, you managed to suck me in again.

It works every time.
    Just like Bravo sucked Royler into a triangle?

Who do you train under MMA_s?

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    Okay, so tell me smartguy, what is it that you've had a burning desire to do that you can do now that you couldn't in the past? Rep people? Multi-quote?

Get the fuck out, man. I'm not saying the new forum's not cool, but the old one was fine, too.
    Well, just from my perspective:

The old one was a real pain in the ass just to update the forum with the latest patches. i.e. avatars not being able to display after I updated it.

Some forum skins are not compatible with the latest patches is fuckin bs on phpbb

Old forum Randomly banned two guys, one a moderator (scott) and I had no idea why, or how, and could not fix it.

Old forum had that one guy that kept unbanning himself somehow and posting all that bs over the summer.

Old forum had that annoying "someone made a post before you, do you want to view it" bs during the in game threads.

Old forum was a real mutherfucker just trying to set up a hidden forum, i.e. moderator section, or trying to set a users permissions to actually access certain things, or make them a moderator. There was like a good 6 - 8 steps just to do something like that, on vbulletin its one, two at the most.

Everytime I would log into the Admin Control panel on phpbb, it would redirect me back to the main page the first time I tried to get in there.

There is probably a lot more, but off the top of my head, thats what I came up with.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Who do you train under MMA_s?
    I sent you a PM.

^^^ Fair enough, Zak. Those are good reasons. I don't really know about the back-end aspect of it. I'm just saying that from a user's perspective it's pretty much the same thing, just with a couple of extra features and a slightly different look.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    I'm just saying that from a user's perspective it's pretty much the same thing, just with a couple of extra features and a slightly different look.
    I agree.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter