Page 55 of 402 FirstFirst ... 545505152535455565758596065105155 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 8033

Thread: 2011 Off topic thread(basketball,movies,etc whatever)

Any of you guys have a Ipad? I was looking at them yesterday and liked what I saw but wanted to get some opinions before I get one or not
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Any of you guys have a Ipad? I was looking at them yesterday and liked what I saw but wanted to get some opinions before I get one or not
    I got an ipod shuffle.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Seems just like a bigass iPhone you can't put in your pocket with 1/10 of the versatility of a laptop. I haven't actually used one but I honestly don't get it. Seems like a computer for people that don't do computers.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

^ that was pretty much my exact thoughts on the Ipad. I was like, don't they already make this, but smaller and cheaper?

My friend has one and really likes it, but I also fall into the "I don't get it" crowd.

I have a netbook. It is slightly bigger and heavier, but not much, and it has a real keyboard and runs a full version of Windows. Also, I've noticed that a lot of the people who have them end up buying these little stands for them so that they sit upright like a laptop screen. If you have to carry that shit around too then that defeats most of the advantages of the thing, which is smaller size and increased portability.

With that said maybe I should be forced to use one myself for a few days before I make a final judgment. I'm sure there's probably something that I'd like about it. Although with the new Android-based tablets that are coming out I would probably end up going that route instead.
    I heart cock

Yeah I'm sure I wouldn't mind having one and it's probably fun to dick around on, but I can't see it justifying it's price.

Nah, although oddly enough I just got a call from my parents telling me they bought one and they were all excited. I guess some places are selling their stock of iPad 1's at a big discount to make room for the new iPad 2's.

It's basically a bigger version of the iPod Touch, which itself is like an iPhone minus the phone. I think the bigger screen makes it a lot better for reading e-books and watching video.

The iPad is really a giant pain in the ass. Anything you download on it has to first be synced to your main PC/Mac before you can access it. Be it music, a movie, etc etc etc. Essentially the iPad is nothing more than an internet tablet with a big price tag and tons of hangups. They don't support Flash so forget about playing most video's online with it. If your interested in a tablet look into the Samsung Tab for around the same price, or an Archos tablet for alot more memory and an Android OS.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

^^^ That's interesting. I didn't know you couldn't play Flash vids on the iPad. That seems stupid as shit.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    ^^^ That's interesting. I didn't know you couldn't play Flash vids on the iPad. That seems stupid as shit.
    Apple has always claimed it's for security reasons, but really it's probably about content control. Apple wants everyone to have to go through their App store and iTunes.

http://www.cultofmac.com/adobe-there...-revenue/28564

I think there are ways to play flash video on the iPad and iPhone now though.

Quote Originally Posted by Svino View Post
    Apple has always claimed it's for security reasons, but really it's probably about content control. Apple wants everyone to have to go through their App store and iTunes.

http://www.cultofmac.com/adobe-there...-revenue/28564

I think there are ways to play flash video on the iPad and iPhone now though.
    Fuck Apple. This is why I don't buy their shit. They want to lock everything down.

PC4Life
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by zY| View Post
    Yeah I'm sure I wouldn't mind having one and it's probably fun to dick around on, but I can't see it justifying it's price.
    I was going to buy the Ipad one since the prices dropped on them . The 16gb wifi model was only 299 at the mall that I went too
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by Svino View Post
    Nah, although oddly enough I just got a call from my parents telling me they bought one and they were all excited. I guess some places are selling their stock of iPad 1's at a big discount to make room for the new iPad 2's.

lol just commented on that
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

It's definitely about content control. And no, there's still no good way to play it on current versions of iphone, that I'm aware of at least.

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    Fuck Apple. This is why I don't buy their shit. They want to lock everything down.

PC4Life
    Good point, Microsoft is a much more benevolent company.

BTW if I bought one it was just going to be used at school,work,on vacation,when I go to the parents things like that. I already have two laptops that I use everyday for "computer use". Never thought I'd want one because of the price but I played with on for about 30 minutes last saturday and liked it.

I doubt I get one anyway because I really dont "need" it , when I'm away from the house I use my phone for the internet anyway. Guess I just thought it was neat
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

True ....how many new computers DONT come with Windows as its OS?
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Two things. . .

1. PC does not necessarily equal Windows. Which is the point. I can build my own PC and put Windows, Linux, or any other OS on it that I want. But if I want to run MacOS I have to buy their hardware. Fuck that.

2. I don't have a huge problem with Microsoft. No, I don't want them to own everything and competition is good, but I'm honestly a lot more worried about Google when it comes to doing evil shit in the world.
    I heart cock

BTW if I bought one it was just going to be used at school,work,on vacation,when I go to the parents things like that. I already have two laptops that I use everyday for "computer use". Never thought I'd want one because of the price but I played with on for about 30 minutes last saturday and liked it.

I doubt I get one anyway because I really dont "need" it , when I'm away from the house I use my phone for the internet anyway. Guess I just thought it was neat
    I talked to my friend earlier who has one and he said it's cool, but after a couple of weeks the novelty wore off and now he doesn't fuck with it nearly as much.
    I heart cock

True ....how many new computers DONT come with Windows as its OS?
    That's as much the consumers' fault as it is anyone else's.

Major manufacturers like HP tried to push Linux and offer PC's with Linux on it but no one bought them.
    I heart cock