Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Bellator 45

Bellator 45

MAIN CARD

• Patricio Freire vs. Daniel Straus (featherweight-tourney finale)
    • Richard Hale vs. Christian M'Pumbu (light-heavyweight tourney finale)
    • Sam Alvey vs. Karl Amoussou
    • Derek Lewis vs. Thiago Santos

PRELIMINARY CARD
    • Nicolae Cury vs. Luis "Sapo" Santos*
    • Shawn Jordan vs. TBA

I might be betting straus here. Im sure he will come in as a decent sized dog (plus 150 or higher) and I think he can grind out a win.

Pitbull is pretty nasty. I wouldn't bet against him.

The lone wrestler he faced was Joe Warren and he lost that fight. And I dont even think Warren has good MMA wrestling. I'm just saying Freire hasnt really faced good wrestlers and his line will probably be inflated.

But at the same time Chandler isn't near the Wrestler Warren is. He's every bit the grinder but not quite the wrestler.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

Maybe not on paper, but he has at least looked as effective in actual practice for the most part.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by LudoCain View Post
    But at the same time Chandler isn't near the Wrestler Warren is. He's every bit the grinder but not quite the wrestler.
    Is that supposed to be a joke? Chandler has clearly adapted his wrestling better and its not even close. Warren probably gets stuffed on more than 50 percent of his takedowns.

Daniel Strauss looks to be pretty good. It's not crazy to think he will win but Pitbull is very dangerous. Good striking and BJJ. Warren is a nasty wrestler with a lot of good wins and he almost lost to Pitbull.

Warren is not a top wrestler in mma. His past three fights he has really struggled with his takedowns. Two were against bjj guys and the third was a striker/wrestler who warren had better credentials then. I put Warren on par with like an Aaron simpson or mayb mark munoz. Both guys should be pretty damn good wrestlers, but for some reason they dont transition to takedowns well. I view guys like gray maynard, gsp, chael sonnen, rashad evans, and cain velasquez to have adapted their wrestling to mma the best even if their credentials arent as good as some other guys...I havent seen enough of patricio freire's fights to gauge how good his tdd is so I will have to research it before I make a bet.

Vandelay if you fight Pitbull/Warren in your research will you post it?

Quote Originally Posted by Vandelay View Post
    Is that supposed to be a joke? Chandler has clearly adapted his wrestling better and its not even close. Warren probably gets stuffed on more than 50 percent of his takedowns.
    You do know that Warren is a Greco Roman wrestler, right? His shot isn't going to be stellar and few greco guys have excellent shots but they are very good in the clinch. Also while his takedowns may not be successful early on there is no arguing with the 2nd and 3rd rounds. He seems to drain guys in the first with those takedown attempts and then has little problem snagging one in the later rounds. So no, it wasn't a joke to say Chandler isn't near the wrestler as Warren is.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

Even when he does get the clinch. He doesn't dominate. He got taken down by both pitbull and galvao when he initiated the clinch which shouldn't happen. Not sure how many times Hendo or Couture have been taken down while clinched up, but its not many. His pace is probably his best attribute followed closely by his chin. Some of you are way too hung up on accomplishments in other sports, but this is getting off topic and I'd rather get opinions on Bellator 45.

Quote Originally Posted by LudoCain View Post
    You know we are talking about Patricio and not Patricky?

Thanks

Any opinion on the strauss fight or Warrens wrestling?

Patricio is going to win IMO, unless Strauss suprises us with his standup like Chandler did. Friere has good takedown defense and I don't think Strauss will be taking him down in the first half of the fight. But Strauss is a lot longer than Patricio, so he could definitely find a way to get it done standing and maybe a takedown or 2 in the second half of the fight.

Warren is probably the very best wrestler in all of MMA, credential wise. I think he uses it pretty well, not the best, but pretty well. I mean he gets stuffed some, but he is beating guys that are way more skilled and younger than him... he is clearly fighting over his head and somehow pulling it off. The other factor is that the guys are FW/BW. It is alot harder to hold guys down at those smaller weights IMO. Just like doing pullups are easier for lighter guys, the strength to weight ratio is just different and they don't get as tired so they are able to stand up a lot better. You don't see a lot of dominant wrestling from the smaller guys... you got Mendes and that is really the only guy I can think of that wins via blanket other than Warren. Still, Patricio is going to finish the job on Warren this time.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

34 is too old now?

Pitbull opens @-145

Looked at all of these fights, don't see anything bettable.

Going to sit it out unless something changes on the Pitbull/Straus line. I think Straus could win that, but I am not taking him at that line, maybe if he comes up some. I would take Friere if he comes down as well.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u