Page 10 of 49 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 129 toronto GSP-Shields

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    I at least agree that anything can happen. Why do you feel that Machida has the least chance of losing?
    Machida is very good at defending takedowns and Randy poses no threat to him standing, at all. I dont believe he get wall and stalled again. Machida should be hungry for the win, randy hasn't been training full time, his chin sucks, and machida should have a counter if machida try's to clinch the whole time.

Jose Aldo by sub @+1050 looks good to me

1 unit to win .495 units on not shields inside distance, not couture itd, not hominick by sub, amir khan, manny pacquiao

Quote Originally Posted by Vandelay View Post
    1 unit to win .495 units on not shields inside distance, not couture itd, not hominick by sub, amir khan, manny pacquiao
    I am thinking about jumping on this prop parlay bandwagon.

I'm not even sure which one has the most chance of ruining my parlay. I'd probably say shields catching a sub and amir khan losing

Yeah I think Shield by sub is his only shot at winning. He's not winning a decision.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

Well lets see. Shields is more about positional control and hasnt really needed to go all out for a sub before. Gsp probably will not be shooting at all in this fight and GSP would need to get to side-control, back mount or mount to get a sub on GSP and i'm sure GSP would know how to avoid a submission in those positions. Now I think Shields can lay and pray for 3 or 4 rounds on his way to a decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandelay View Post
    . Now I think Shields can lay and pray for 3 or 4 rounds on his way to a decision.

InB4spxSAYSthatsNOTpossible
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Nah I think his chance is to catch a guillotine or something like that if he's on top and GSP tries to scramble. I'd be super surprised if he can hold position on GSP, and the thought of him taking GSP down much less holding him there for 3 rounds is laughable to me.

What if Shields spends the majority of the time going for the takedown against the fence with GSP stuffing it? From what we have seen, that usually gets the aggressor the round.

That's pretty much how I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333 View Post
    What if Shields spends the majority of the time going for the takedown against the fence with GSP stuffing it? From what we have seen, that usually gets the aggressor the round.
    I would imagine he's getting punched in the head the whole time.

If kampmann wasn't such an idiot, then he would have finished shields and we wouldnt be having this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Thewisemann View Post
    If kampmann wasn't such an idiot, then he would have finished shields and we wouldnt be having this conversation.
    I agree. Kampmann arguably won that fight anyway.
    I heart cock

sshields couldn't take Lawler down, and he couldn't sub mayhem, hendo or kampmann. he isn't takin gsp down or rubbing him. I think he gasses and gets finished.

Let's just say I won't be surprised if Shields wins, and I won't be surprised if GSP puts on some spectacular performance and outclasses Shields and further proves why he is the #1 WW in the world and arguably the #1 p4p fighter in the world. I just do not think Shields will stand in front of GSP like Koscheck and look for an overhand right while eating jabs like they are potato chips. Shields will just keep going for the TDs.

If he wouldn't have tried to sub him, he had it all day

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333 View Post
    Let's just say I won't be surprised if Shields wins, and I won't be surprised if GSP puts on some spectacular performance and outclasses Shields and further proves why he is the #1 WW in the world and arguably the #1 p4p fighter in the world. I just do not think Shields will stand in front of GSP like Koscheck and look for an overhand right while eating jabs like they are potato chips. Shields will just keep going for the TDs.
    So he'll look like Thales Leites fighting Anderson Silva?

Quote Originally Posted by Thewisemann View Post
    sshields couldn't take Lawler down, and he couldn't sub mayhem, hendo or kampmann.
    Shields got saved by the bell against Mayhem. He was on his was to RNC City.
    I heart cock

Shields is incredibly difficult to submit. Miller had a rnc locked in tight for a good 5 seconds, he survived the h-bomb, he's been in it with guys that hit hard and are technical. He doesnt get discouraged with a failed td attempt. Hes got one of the best camps around and has been training with the best wrestlers n the sport. Gsp will have to finish him on the ground if the wants to end the fight and I think that will be a hard thing to do.