Page 12 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 129 toronto GSP-Shields

Quote Originally Posted by zY| View Post
    So does GSP.
    GSP does not get mount very often. he prefers to stay in guard, half-guard and side control. Off the top of my head, he didn't get mount against penn and fitch and didn't hold it very long if he got it on hardy and alves. Koscheck fight was a standup fight.

He mounted Fitch, but w/e, you're right. Point being though, GSP shreds guards.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

I'm just trying to prove that Shields is capable of holding down GSP when hes not gassed.

I am starting to think Shields will put up more of a fight than I orginally figured but I can't see putting a bet on him. His standup is basically non existent. He will have to out wrestle GSP. Thats what it comes down to. He can't sub him if he can't get him down and he can't win a decision striking. He's a tough kid, Hendo hit him hard and he rebounded. He's a great wrestler/grappler, he controlled Hendo. He beat Yushin Okami. The only problem is George is the wrestler killer. He demolished Fitch, destroyed Koscheck, and beat hughes. I honestly don't know where he stands against them as a wrestler/grappler. It's hard to call. I guess we should consider him a better wrestler than all of them for arguments sake but how much does that amount to? They were barely competitive. On top of that, he looked like shit against Kampmann. I expect him to be much better for this fight but will he be on par with GSP in terms of conditioning/strength? He gassed after R1 in his last fight. I know it was from the weight cut/shift to 170 but it still might have an effect. Who knows, maybe not. Either way this is a bad match up for Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    See nothing would change you minds . You'd still think BJ is the best 155 pounder in the world had he got his ass beat by Edgar
    He is...................When he is motivated.

Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

I think this is a case where Shields backers are just trying to justify a reason that he can win, which is supposed to be what you should do when handicapping a fight.

That said, after the fight, Niggas will be saying how that was another bullshit GSP win, he needs to move up and fight Silva, why was Shields there, he should have lost to Kampmann, almost lost to Mayhem, etc, etc, etc.

GSP via Riddum/Ape Technique

So he'll look like Thales Leites fighting Anderson Silva?
    No. Thales Leites didn't go for many TDs compared to flopping to his back like an annoying little fucker.

Negative ghost rider ,I was the only one not on BJ in either fight

InB4poopooSAYSheWASNTeither
    I obviously didn't put a straight bet on BJ at UFC 112 because he was like -50050302105, but I had him in a trap parlay with Anderson Silva and GSP and some other guys. I had a good feeling in the 2nd fight but I was dumb and only put like 0.25u on it.

Fuck Shields and his overbite.

GSP is going to win easy, I am with Wisemann here. Shields has to outwrestle GSP for 3 of 5 rounds. I doubt very much that he subs him. I think GSP will win ITD.

GSP by tko after shields gasses, I think shields will be more prepared for the cut this time, but I think by 3 rds he will be done.

iI was on Edgar both fights.

I'm not really concerned with GSP losing. I just don't see how Shields is going to get it done outside of a really good guillotine. Shields is not an arm/leg guy. He almost never goes for arm or leg submission attempts because he's almost purely a positional grappler. He doesn't go for submissions so much to finish as he does to open up the door for a sweep or a reverse somewhere. All that said I think GSP rips him apart here. Shields can't strike for shit with St Pierre but the problem is the range that GSP likes to strike from. He comes in from outside with those karate style kicks and uses alot of footwork and angles for his jabs. I wouldn't call Koscheck a slow fighter by any means and GSP had hit him and gotten back out of range by the time Koscheck could even start his swing almost every time. Nobody is going to hold GSP down for three rounds outside of Roger Gracie or Chael Sonnen at this point. GSP is just too strong and too good at getting back up for that. Koscheck got him down on two occasions in the last fight and neither time were they on the ground for more than 15 seconds at a time. That said I think Shields is going to be relentless with the takedowns if he can get close enough to tie GSP up. Thats going to be a problem though, because Georges likes to sit on the outside and then come in when he's attacking. We've seen that fast twitch muscle ability on GSP when shooting, there is no reason to believe he won't be able to use it the other way. Shields is going to have to abandon his positioning style grappling for this fight in favor of a super aggressive submission game because thats his only shot. We saw how positional grappling worked for Jon Fitch.

Betting Machida doesn't really have Me worried here despite the Rampage fight. At this point I don't think Randy is dangerous standing as shown in the Minotauro fight. In fact I think this fight looks very similar to that. Machida will likely drop Randy striking and follow him down to the ground to negate Couture's ability to clinchfuck against the cage. Thats assuming he doesn't just blast Randy and knock him the hell out. I think Machida really showed too much respect for Rampage's power when they fought. By that I mean he was TOO reserved and pretty much just let Page walk him down for the first two rounds hoping something was going to continually open up. Had Machida fought the rest of the fight like he did in the third round that fight never would have seen round three. Lyoto doesn't have to worry about getting Shogun'd by Randy Couture.

Jose Aldo really concerns Me from a betting standpoint. Hominick is no joke and could feasibly win a decision if this is a pure striking battle. We know Aldo hasn't had to use his ground game but it's hard to lay down money on the hope that he'll use it this time. Some fighters just don't fight to they're own strengths and look to go out for the brutal knockout style win.

I have been thinking on parlaying the three of these guys because in all reality they have great chances of winning these fights. My issue is things seem almost too good to be true here.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

I hear what your saying about Hominick. I feel like he may get knocked out in this fight though. His path to victory is striking with Aldo, which could increase his chances of getting knocked out. Homincks wins aren't really that impressive and he has a lot of losses. He beat leonard garcia via split dec(I know), knocked out Roop who isnt good at all, knocked out Jaboin who is a good striker but almost ko'd hominick in the process, beat Yves Edwards which is pretty good, and beat a bunch of other guys that aren't that good. He has 8 losses, he just doesn't seem that amazing. He is good though. I think Aldo should beat him though.

Jake Ellenberger Steps in to Face Sean Pierson at UFC 129 in Toronto http://ht.ly/4zN6Y
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Jake Ellenberger Steps in to Face Sean Pierson at UFC 129 in Toronto http://ht.ly/4zN6Y
    Well what the fuck happened to Alves?
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    Well what the fuck happened to Alves?

What the heck are you talking about ? Alves is fighting Rick Story at UFC 130
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

What the heck are you talking about ? Alves is fighting Rick Story at UFC 130
    Oh yeah.

I get those two confused.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    Oh yeah.

I get those two confused.

Oh, ok . For a second there you had me thinking I was crazy
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Ellenberger is replacing Brian Foster who had a brain hemorrhage after he had his testicle removed.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

Ellenberger is replacing Brian Foster who had a brain hemorrhage after he had his testicle removed.
    So whos taking Alves's place?
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP