Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst ... 234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 129 toronto GSP-Shields

^^^^^^^^Are you forgetting Shields just went 5 rounds with Hendo,a 205 pounder? Shields looked gassed in his last fight due to the weight cut imo. This time the weight cut should go easier so he shouldnt have any problems with gassing
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

I agree it seems like a terrible style matchup for Shields. The one thing I will say is that Shields does not give up on that takedown. He just goes and goes until he gets it, or he stays on the fence. But his hands are also the worst of any fighter GSP has faced (ever, I think). GSP did give up a couple takedowns to Koscheck.

GSP should win, it is almost a foregone conclusion that he will sprawl and eventually KO him. But at -550, I don't know... that is a lot to pay against a top 5 guy in Shields. But on paper, I really don't see how Shields can win.

I think GSP is going to make Shields look terrible. Awkward, tremendously slow. He'll probably end up either knocked out or with a mashed up face and repeatedly falling to his back ala Thales Leites and getting booed.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

^^ Shields' guard is not very good. I don't think GSP is going to be scurred to get on top of him. I hoenstly wouldn't be shocked to see GSP going for some takedowns. I think GSP will beat him on the mat too. Shields is good, but really only from top. He doesn't have a dangerous guard, IMO.

Shields HAS to get on top to win... but I have heard that GSP's guard is actually really good.

I think its unlikely that shields can sub George. Unless he can keep it on the ground for a long time. Which I don't think he can. And he isn't triangling George.

Well, even if he can get a few takedowns, I doubt GSP is going to fight him willingly on the ground. He can get up.

Hendo gassed, that is all there is to it. Shields was having trouble holding Mayhem down, and he couldn't hold Lawler down either. He is not going to take GSP down, and GSP is going to knock him out.

this fight is a joke GSP is going to make this lool easy, if you told me GSP hadn the flu, I would still bet him -550. I will probably bet enough to win 2u or so, then maybe go to vegas and slap 10,000 or so on it. Closest thing to a lock as you will get gambling IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Thewisemann View Post
    this fight is a joke GSP is going to make this lool easy, if you told me GSP hadn the flu, I would still bet him -550. I will probably bet enough to win 2u or so, then maybe go to vegas and slap 10,000 or so on it. Closest thing to a lock as you will get gambling IMO.
    I don't know man, I actually think the biggest lock in gambling is the Saints over Seahawks this weekend.

Lol
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist View Post
    Well, even if he can get a few takedowns, I doubt GSP is going to fight him willingly on the ground. He can get up.

Hendo gassed, that is all there is to it. Shields was having trouble holding Mayhem down, and he couldn't hold Lawler down either. He is not going to take GSP down, and GSP is going to knock him out.
    This. Mayhem also almost choked out Shields. If the buzzer hadnt gone off Miller would have won.

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333 View Post
    I don't know man, I actually think the biggest lock in gambling is the Saints over Seahawks this weekend.
    haha
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Hope you didnt bet it. I had Seahawks +10.5 and Jets +3. On a 7 game win streak! I have GB +2.5 and Balt -2.5 today.

Quote Originally Posted by Thewisemann View Post
    Hope you didnt bet it. I had Seahawks +10.5 and Jets +3. On a 7 game win streak! I have GB +2.5 and Balt -2.5 today.
    lol I was just joking. I had the exact same bets yesterday except I had Jets +2.5. Why don't you post your plays in the NFL section here?

Im going to from now on. Everytime I post my plays I lose in anything other than MMA.

GSP training with Roger and Braulio to prepare for Shields.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/1/9/...orld-champions

GSP is always with the best. He seems dedicated too. Especially for a guy that is already on top. That is why I am comfortable betting on him.

I can't decide whether I should bet him straight up, straight up +tko/ko, or just plain old tko/ko.

Quote Originally Posted by edman5555 View Post
    GSP is always with the best. He seems dedicated too. Especially for a guy that is already on top. That is why I am comfortable betting on him.
    Yeah, I just hope he isn't planning on engaging in a ground war with Shields. While I think GSP would hold his own, there is no need because he is miles ahead of him in the striking. It is probably worst case scenario type training though...

Gsp always takes the fight where he is safest and has the edge. So he should def be keeping this standing. I wouldn't be suprised to see him take Shields down a bit though, just to mix it up and keep Jake guessing. I bet GSP would like to get a tko/ko too, he has been getting a lot of shit lately.

I don't know that GSP will be going for the takedown much. Shields does have a decent sweep game. GSP will likely just keep it standing and following his M.O. of staying wherever he has the advantage. It wasn't all that long ago that Hughes subbed GSP with an armbar, if Shields were in a similar position he could probably do it. Whether he can get there is another thing entirely.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u