Page 45 of 49 FirstFirst ... 35404142434445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 129 toronto GSP-Shields

For the info, this is just out on our local sport website.
    I saw on mmajunkie that they said GSP would be fine and he will get his vision back.
    But on here, Zahabi is saying that the doctor said that George will get his vision back 100% in a little less than 10 days. So it is even faster than Everybody were expecting. Maybe we will see him back soon enough
    http://www.rds.ca/combats/chroniques/319082.html

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist View Post
    Aside from that, a broken wrist or finger is not going to stop anyone. Hell, a broken arm probably wouldn't stop most guys.
    Would it stop a guy who is fighting you for a sports title or coming at you with murderous intent? No. Would it stop a guy who's just generally being drunk and belligerent? Probably.

I think some of those locks can be used to control people who are disruptive and resisting somewhat, but not all-out violent.

Quote Originally Posted by trotterz View Post
    For the info, this is just out on our local sport website.
    I saw on mmajunkie that they said GSP would be fine and he will get his vision back.
    But on here, Zahabi is saying that the doctor said that George will get his vision back 100% in a little less than 10 days. So it is even faster than Everybody were expecting. Maybe we will see him back soon enough
    http://www.rds.ca/combats/chroniques/319082.html
    Good to hear. I figured as much.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by Svino View Post
    Would it stop a guy who is fighting you for a sports title or coming at you with murderous intent? No. Would it stop a guy who's just generally being drunk and belligerent? Probably.

I think some of those locks can be used to control people who are disruptive and resisting somewhat, but not all-out violent.
    Yeah, it probably depends. I know a broken arm would probably be enough for me to take my ball and go home.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    Good to hear. I figured as much.
    He is suspended 60 days anyway, but at least he can start training again in a couple days.

Quote Originally Posted by Svino View Post
    They reunited most of the Karate Kid cast for this one:

Thanks again for this. I'm passing it on.

Just showed it to a friend and he was like, Holy shit!
    I heart cock

Just rewatched some of UFC 129 and my final thoughts are:

Aldo is unbeatable on his feet but once he's on his back he's just another fighter ,his ground game is no where near as good as advertised

The Shields that gassed in the 2nd round when beating Kampmann would have had a better chance of beating GSP than the one that actually fought him last saturday.

Shields need to go back to 185

That is all
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

How do you think Shields would do against Silva?

By the way, I figured you'd kind of be like "I told you so" since Shields at least took a few rounds off of GSP and fucked his eye up.
    I heart cock

Mendes is going to beat Aldo.

I don't know, I think there was a noticeable issue with his stamina as compared to his previous fights. He was already gassed at the end of round 1... that is somewhat unusual for any 145er. He stuffed Faber no problem and his ground gam just has to be better than that. I think he was just done in round 5. It is like saying BJ's ground game is no good because of what Fitch did to him in rd 3... it was all fatigue.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Don't overreact, PP. I think Mendes MIGHT beat Aldo but I'm for damn sure not confident enough to say he WILL.

It all depends on the takedown. Brown and Faber couldn't get Aldo down . . . didn't even come close. And now we're hearing reports that Aldo was actually sick this fight. Don't be surprised if a recharged Aldo just sprawls, goes LOL, and kicks Mendes in the head.
    I heart cock

Well have we ever seen Aldo in a higher paced grappling match in MMA? I think it's a whole other world in terms of conditioning between striking/grappling as you probably already know. Shogun gassed against Forrest Griffin with the higher paced grappling, gassed against Mark Coleman with a 40 year old zombie initiating the grappling, then not gassing in a 25 minute striking match and all of a sudden "he is back! his conditioning is awesome now because Joe Rogan said his RHR was 43!!". Then Jon Jones puts the pressure on him, takes him down, and Shogun gets up and is a zombie again. Aldo has never really been in a high paced fight that I've seen until Hominick, where Hominick pushed the pace, and Aldo took Hominick down and was grappling with him and got tired. I just think Mendes is going to push Aldo against the fence, get the takedown and stay active and make Aldo work...where Aldo will probably gas.

inb4 Shogun had a bad knee
    inb4 Shogun ate a knee from Jon Jones that gassed him out
    inb4 Aldo was sick before the fight
    inb4 poopoo333 fuck off

edit: in after Aldo was sick before the fight

And I wouldn't compare Faber's and Brown's wrestling to Mendes' wrestling

And if Aldo really goes "LOL" before kicking Mendes in the head, I'll paypal you $100

How do you think Shields would do against Silva?

By the way, I figured you'd kind of be like "I told you so" since Shields at least took a few rounds off of GSP and fucked his eye up.

I think Shields would do better against Silva than he did against GSP. We know Silva is easier to takedown than GSP

Shields is just too big for 170 imo. Either he keeps his strength for his TD's/wrestling and gasses from having trouble making 170 or he cuts muscle and loses the strength he needs for his wrestling .

As for "I told you so" ,I lost my bet I have nothing to say
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333 View Post
    Mendes is going to beat Aldo.

I hope more people think that so I get a good line
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

edit: in after Aldo was sick before the fight
    The thing is, we actually have evidence to support the claim. Aldo was dismissed early from the "Champions Q&A" which took place the day before the fight to see the doctor and he was apparently heard telling his corner "I should've taken the antibiotic" after one of the rounds.
    I heart cock

The thing is, we actually have evidence to support the claim. Aldo was dismissed early from the "Champions Q&A" which took place the day before the fight to see the doctor and he was apparently heard telling his corner "I should've taken the antibiotic" after one of the rounds.
    That dismissal from the Q&A had nothing to do with that. GSP was dismissed early too. Oh wait, he must have had AIDS.

And if Aldo really goes "LOL" before kicking Mendes in the head, I'll paypal you $100
    I'll make sure to have a lip reader on hand on fight night. I always like a good hundred bucks.
    I heart cock

That dismissal from the Q&A had nothing to do with that. GSP was dismissed early too. Oh wait, he must have had AIDS.
    Then what did it have to do with? And what's this talk about antibiotics?

I'll say this shit, if you want to give credence to Silva's "broken hibs" then you have to be open to this as well.
    I heart cock