Page 47 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3742434445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 129 toronto GSP-Shields

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    Haven't you ever heard that dude translating the Brazilian' corner's speech?
    Yeah, usually he's translating what the cornermen are saying to the fighter. I don't think I've ever heard a translation of a fighter talking to the corner between rounds. I'm going to rewatch the fight and see if it pops up because I must have missed it.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

Quote Originally Posted by LudoCain View Post
    Yeah, usually he's translating what the cornermen are saying to the fighter. I don't think I've ever heard a translation of a fighter talking to the corner between rounds. I'm going to rewatch the fight and see if it pops up because I must have missed it.
    Even if HE doesn't translate it, that doesn't mean no one can.

There are a lot of people in the world who speak Portuguese.
    I heart cock

Alright. I just finished rewatching all of what happened between rounds and the post fight interview with Joe Rogan. At no point ever did Jose, his corner, or Ed Saores ever mention Antibiotics. It would have been pretty obvious if they had even in portugese. I looked it up and it's antibióticos. So in the words of Gene Wilder "Wrong sir, you are wrong!"

Jose Aldo dominated the first round of his UFC 129 bout against Mark Hominick. Shortly after the second round started though, the champion seemed visibly tired. Commentator Joe Rogan speculated that it could be a result of a bad weight cut, bringing up that Aldo was light headed and had to excuse himself during the Q&A portion that featured the 7 UFC champs. It seems that wasn't the case though.

BE Reader fafefifofo, brought up that right before Rogan interviewed Aldo, he complained to his corner that he should have taken antibiotics. Bloody Elbow's Tom Mendes of Brazil was able to confirm this. Here's a translation of the cornerman's reply to Jose Aldo:
    "Antibiotics would not have helped at all, you’re the champion kid, fuck antibiotics, everything is okay. You fought well, smooth and composed. "
    Aldo made no mention of this on the post-fight interview with Joe Rogan. This of course could be because he didn't take anything away from the very game Mark Hominick who took the fight to him, and showed a tremendous amount of heart and determination.
    I heart cock

So I guess it was after the fight and not between rounds.
    I heart cock

Jose Aldo dominated the first round of his UFC 129 bout against Mark Hominick. Shortly after the second round started though, the champion seemed visibly tired. Commentator Joe Rogan speculated that it could be a result of a bad weight cut, bringing up that Aldo was light headed and had to excuse himself during the Q&A portion that featured the 7 UFC champs. It seems that wasn't the case though.

BE Reader fafefifofo, brought up that right before Rogan interviewed Aldo, he complained to his corner that he should have taken antibiotics. Bloody Elbow's Tom Mendes of Brazil was able to confirm this. Here's a translation of the cornerman's reply to Jose Aldo:
    "Antibiotics would not have helped at all, you’re the champion kid, fuck antibiotics, everything is okay. You fought well, smooth and composed. "
    Aldo made no mention of this on the post-fight interview with Joe Rogan. This of course could be because he didn't take anything away from the very game Mark Hominick who took the fight to him, and showed a tremendous amount of heart and determination.
    Again. Antibióticos did not come up at any point in the exchange between Aldo and his corner at least not that was audible to anyone. I suppose it's possible he said it at the end of the fight before the judges decision but I'm doubting that as well. He spent almost no time with his corner between the time the final bell rang and he interviewed with Ed and Joe. He did pushups like Hominick did, then he was getting paraded around on someone's shoulders like he was about to engage in a chicken fight, then they waited for the judges decision, and then he pulled out a flag to hold on the front of his body while Dana put the belt on.
    Last edited by Ludo; 05-06-2011 at 01:03 AM.

Today I learned Ludo speaks Portuguese.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

Again. Antibióticos did not come up at any point in the exchange between Aldo and his corner at least not that was audible to anyone. I suppose it's possible he said it at the end of the fight before the judges decision but I'm doubting that as well. He spent almost no time with his corner between the time the final bell rang and he interviewed with Ed and Joe. He did pushups like Hominick did, then he was getting paraded around on someone's shoulders like he was about to engage in a chicken fight, then they waited for the judges decision, and then he pulled out a flag to hold on the front of his body while Dana put the belt on.

Well, we have two options here. . .

1. You're right.

2. There's a conspiracy that involves not only a Bloody Elbow forum member, but also a Portuguese-speaking fan writer for the site, and the actual article writer.

In any case, it's not a huge deal for me, and I'm just going by this article.
    Last edited by SPX; 05-06-2011 at 01:15 AM.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by zY| View Post
    Today I learned Ludo speaks Portuguese.
    I'll at least give Ludo this: He went after it. He not only learned what the translation of "antibiotics" is but he also re-watched the fight. That's a hell of a lot more than I'm willing to do.
    Last edited by SPX; 05-06-2011 at 01:44 AM.
    I heart cock

I agree it's not a big deal. I'm just saying that on the broadcast I have there is nothing that I can hear in which Jose mentions anything that even sounds like antibióticos. It's entirely possible though that the SAP broadcast was closer to Aldo's corner and was able to catch something that the english broadcast didn't. I just kind of doubt it is all.

I'll at least give Ludo this: He went after it. He not only learned what the translation of "antibiotics" is and he re-watched the fight. That's a hell of a lot more than I'm willing to do.
    My point was that he's being a pedantic jew about it. Just because the word that google translate gave him isn't audibly shouted in his ear doesn't mean a goddamn thing.

The only reason I actually went back and rewatched was because all this "Jose was sick" stuff started coming out the day after and I didn't really believe it(as is the case with most things coming out of Ed Soares camp after the fact). I remembered Ed saying that he was putting on extra muscle because he'd been on a long layoff and when ya'll mentioned all this happening during the fight I got curious so I rewatched everything that happened between rounds and whatnot. My thing is though, if he didn't want to take anything away from Mark why say "I fatigued because I put on extra muscle lately" instead of "Mark was a great opponent, I give him all the credit tonight"? I don't get why this antibiotics thing didn't come out during the post fight press conference or in the interview.

I honestly think he underestimated Hominik here. He started believing his own hype and thought he could just tap his fist to Mark's cheek once and he'd go down. He may very well have been sick, but why he didn't say anything about it is a mystery. It's clear something was off from the start of the second round on, but given the fact that we saw Hominick neutralizing his ability to pass, or do much of anything other than land a few clean shots on the ground I'm more inclined to believe that he simply took this camp off so to speak. He did the Rampage thing because he thought he was invincible.

You have some good observations but I think the conclusions you draw from them are huge leaps in logic.

My point was that he's being a pedantic jew about it. Just because the word that google translate gave him isn't audibly shouted in his ear doesn't mean a goddamn thing.
    So we are to believe something was spoken, which is the entire hinge on the explanation for Jose's poor showing in terms of stamina, without any proof of it? I mean, if it isn't on the broadcast then where the fuck is it? Are we talking telepathy here? Maybe it's time to come off your high horse since your not offering an opinion or new information and stick to bitching vehemently about how the judges don't score rounds like you do.

Everyone says that it was obvious something was up at the beginning of the second round, but I didn't notice this. All I noticed was that Hominick was doing better.

Is it not possible that instead of Aldo underestimating Hominick and not performing to his ability . . . that the FANS underestimated Hominick and Hominick is just that good?

I mean, it's like if Aldo doesn't just crush someone then something was wrong with him. Like it's not possible that a fighter could be good enough to actually challenge him. To be honest, it sounds a lot like the "BJ wasn't motivated" talk.
    Last edited by SPX; 05-06-2011 at 01:42 AM.
    I heart cock

You have some good observations but I think the conclusions you draw from them are huge leaps in logic.
    I readily admit I have no proof of anything other than nothing at all was ever said concerning antibiotics in the english broadcast of the pay per view. Then again nobody else does either(unless of course it was covered on the SAP broadcast, which I don't have access to). It just seems to fit from where I'm sitting. He came out like a bat out of hell, looked flat for the rest of the time, abandoned his bread and butter for half the fight, and did almost nothing befitting his supposed skill on the ground. He gasses about as hard as anyone I've ever seen. After the fight he rides on someones shoulders like some olympic medalist who defied the odds. Then he tells a reporter that he "eased up" on Hominik because he's a flamengo fan and loves the excitement( shown here: http://www.espn.co.uk/ufc/sport/stor...ml?CMP=OTC-RSS ). I personally think he had alot less respect than he should have for Mark and it showed.

Everyone says that it was obvious something was up at the beginning of the second round, but I didn't notice this. All I noticed was that Hominick was doing better.

Is it not possible that instead of Aldo underestimating Hominick and not performing to his ability . . . that the FANS underestimated Hominick and Hominick is just that good?

I mean, it's like if Aldo doesn't just crush someone then something was wrong with him. It's not possible that a fighter could be good enough to actually challenge him. To be honest, it sounds a lot like the "BJ wasn't motivated" talk.
    The flaw with that is that Aldo stopped throwing the leg kicks that would have ended the fight before round 4, probably before round 3 if he kept throwing them. He took Mark down repeatedly without any problems at all but what did he do to him there? They got stood up like 4 times. He started playing around like he's Anderson Silva bobbing his head around and urging Mark to keep throwing punches.

So we are to believe something was spoken, which is the entire hinge on the explanation for Jose's poor showing in terms of stamina, without any proof of it? I mean, if it isn't on the broadcast then where the fuck is it? Are we talking telepathy here? Maybe it's time to come off your high horse since your not offering an opinion or new information and stick to bitching vehemently about how the judges don't score rounds like you do.
    I'm saying you don't speak the language so you don't know the nuances of it. Rarely do languages translate directly. A good translator extracts meaning, not word-for-word dictations as it simply doesn't work. The fact that the word Antibióticos doesn't literally come out of someone's mouth is indicative of nothing. Maybe he said a specific antibiotic by name, maybe he just referenced medicine in general and it was extracted in context. We don't know. It's not exactly relevant.

Considering his performance and the fact that his coach confirmed that he was sick, I don't really see the point in quibbling with the language. There is plenty of other circumstantial evidence that points to him being sick (referenced in this thread mostly). He was also coming off extensive rehab from a neck injury, which I haven't really seen mentioned. The fact is, there are plenty of factors that could lead to him looking gassed from the 2nd round on, enough that assuming he came into camp fat as shit and Rampaged it up is pretty unfounded.

I readily admit I have no proof of anything other than nothing at all was ever said concerning antibiotics in the english broadcast of the pay per view. Then again nobody else does either(unless of course it was covered on the SAP broadcast, which I don't have access to). It just seems to fit from where I'm sitting. He came out like a bat out of hell, looked flat for the rest of the time, abandoned his bread and butter for half the fight, and did almost nothing befitting his supposed skill on the ground. He gasses about as hard as anyone I've ever seen. After the fight he rides on someones shoulders like some olympic medalist who defied the odds. Then he tells a reporter that he "eased up" on Hominik because he's a flamengo fan and loves the excitement( shown here: http://www.espn.co.uk/ufc/sport/stor...ml?CMP=OTC-RSS ). I personally think he had alot less respect than he should have for Mark and it showed.
    You could be right, but I wouldn't go off what he says to reporters. You have to give a lot of leeway with foreign fighters as the language barrier is huge.

The flaw with that is that Aldo stopped throwing the leg kicks that would have ended the fight before round 4, probably before round 3 if he kept throwing them. He took Mark down repeatedly without any problems at all but what did he do to him there? They got stood up like 4 times. He started playing around like he's Anderson Silva bobbing his head around and urging Mark to keep throwing punches.
    Yeah he came out way slower in Round 2 and stopped throwing kicks at all. It's pretty noticeable if you watch both rounds.