Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 38434445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 129 toronto GSP-Shields

Quote Originally Posted by LudoCain View Post
    I readily admit I have no proof of anything other than nothing at all was ever said concerning antibiotics in the english broadcast of the pay per view.
    You also have to keep in mind that there could be multiple words for the same thing. That's the way languages go. Maybe the word they used wasn't "antibioticos" but some other word that indicates a medicine to fight illness.

Edit: ninja'd by zY
    Last edited by SPX; 05-06-2011 at 01:57 AM.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by LudoCain View Post
    The flaw with that is that Aldo stopped throwing the leg kicks that would have ended the fight before round 4, probably before round 3 if he kept throwing them. He took Mark down repeatedly without any problems at all but what did he do to him there? They got stood up like 4 times. He started playing around like he's Anderson Silva bobbing his head around and urging Mark to keep throwing punches.
    My question with this is that fighters recharge in between rounds . . . they don't gas in between rounds. So if he was keeping up a high work rate up to the end of the first, then he gets a break, then he comes out and looks like a different fighter, then it sounds like something other than gassing.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    My question with this is that fighters recharge in between rounds . . . they don't gas in between rounds.
    Carwin
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

He definitely didn't do much recharging between rounds one and two. He spent most of it looking like a fish out of water and was taking some deep breaths before the second round started. All of a sudden he's not bouncing on his feet like he was, he's throwing the leg kick without any torque in his hips, he's getting tagged while he's doing it, and he's breathing with an open mouth a minute into the round still. Mark didn't start doing better until Aldo started showing signs of fatigue.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

Quote Originally Posted by zY| View Post
    Carwin
    Carwin was huffing and puffing on the way back to his stool, though.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    Carwin was huffing and puffing on the way back to his stool, though.
    Yeah. I bet on Carwin, but I remember thinking I was fucked even at the end of the first round.

It only took a week, but the post fight war was inevitable.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Aldo was clearly a lot better than Hominick. I just have to wonder why he gassed. He said he put on more muscle recently. That could be a factor, or maybe he was sick. I don't know if I buy that. Maybe Soares said that to cover up the fact that he is a gasser. If everyone knows then maybe they can take advantage of that. One thing is for sure, he was packing a hell of a lot more muscle than Hominick.

If you watch that first round... the look on Hominick's face is like "I am fucked, what did I get myself into." Aldo is/was a way more skilled fighter... but then Aldo just deflated. It is clear as day, I don't even think it is debatable. The only thing that is debatable is if he gassed because he didn't train hard or if there was something medically wrong with him. I personally believe that there was something wrong with him, either due to the weight cut or due to illness... whatever. I think if there was a rematch, Aldo would stop him.

As for Mendes, I think he has a great shot, but I also won't be surprised if Aldo's ground game is a lot better than he showed. He was not even trying to pass Hominick's guard. All I know is that Aldo has a win over Cobrinha in bjj (at the brown level). But even at the brown level, that is an impressive work. That is all the evidence of his grappling skill that I need. That said, I have not seen the match, it was probably from the top position, so he could be one of those guys that has a good base and strong defense, but not really that good all around. Still, contrast that with these guys like Ben Askren who can't even get out the first round at purple belt in the Pan Ams, even from the top position.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Yeah I think something was up with Aldo. It was either the weight cut or some kind of illness or both. GSP also hurt his eye for sure, that affected his performance a great deal without a doubt.

The silver lining in all this is that some people will hold that against them when placing bets in their next fights. We should get better(Even if it's just slightly) odds on them next time around.

Quote Originally Posted by IWS Zak View Post
    It only took a week, but the post fight war was inevitable.

Lol ,true . At least the tradition lives on
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

BTW I read right after the Q&A session Aldo was having trouble with his weight cut but I dont remember where I read it or if it is true
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Andre Pederneiras confirmed that you had some infection on your feet before the fight. Did you fight while injured?

I was 1000%. Injuries is a common thing when you’re an athlete, and it didn’t affect me at all. The treatment we did it was good. If I hadn’t done it, then it would might have been a problem, but I did everything right and I had a cut in my feet, but I was trained, so it didn’t bothered me at allThat’s nothing.

^Jose Aldo

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333 View Post
    Andre Pederneiras confirmed that you had some infection on your feet before the fight. Did you fight while injured?

I was 1000%. Injuries is a common thing when you’re an athlete, and it didn’t affect me at all. The treatment we did it was good. If I hadn’t done it, then it would might have been a problem, but I did everything right and I had a cut in my feet, but I was trained, so it didn’t bothered me at allThat’s nothing.

^Jose Aldo
    He seems like a classy dude. He definitely had the opportunity to use it as an excuse but he doesn't. Makes me respect him even more. Regardless of if it did or didn't effect him hominick deserves serious props for that fight. He was outmatched but he's obviously a tough motherfucker and wasn't going to give up unless he was in a body bag. Trying to take something away from his performance wouldn't be cool even if it was true.

I am all over not Georges st pierre inside the distance.

GSP will stop Diaz with strikes.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

Quote Originally Posted by zY| View Post
    GSP will stop Diaz with strikes.

yep ,just like he stopped Shields,Fitch,Kos,Alves and Hardy
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

I think he was joking. Not GSP inside the distance will probably have good odds. Under -400 I bet. Pretty much anything is reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by edman5555 View Post
    I think he was joking. Not GSP inside the distance will probably have good odds. Under -400 I bet. Pretty much anything is reasonable.
    Ahhhh,I was joking too or it would have went more like "who the fuck has GSP stopped in the last 4 years?"
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP