Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415

Thread: Strikeforce: Diaz vs. Cyborg - Jan 29th

Quote Originally Posted by edman5555 View Post
    1-2 million? How much do you need a year to be making a living? 10 percent of that is 100-200k
    I have 2 kids and a wife... I am not going to put them through a lifestyle downgrade so I can gamble for a living. It is my demon, if I want to do it, I need to make as much as I do "working". Not bragging, but that is just how it is.

But that doesn't mean it isn't worth doing. Multiple streams of income. I would like it to become a reliable source of passive income, that's really all I can hope for.

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    You'll remember I said in a post a while back that after I broke it down I realized that virtually all of the money I made last year was from underdogs. I was only like a unit ahead FOR THE ENTIRE YEAR on favorites. I was shocked.
    yeah, I still have done the best overall in the -200 to -300 range. i just need to be more careful. In the old days I would never have laid 3:1 on a fighter like Clementi. I am just going to be more careful and make fewer bets. I still believe money is there to be made on all line ranges, but you have to make your bets more wisely than I have been. My point is if I am going to go around slinging bets, I definitely can't be doing it on favorites. I will probably start betting some dogs to keep myself occupied while I wait for my favorites bets to come along. That is the real issue, I am just betting wily nily on favorites without really pinning it down.

I just do this shit for fun. I would like to make some money, but realistically I am not going to make much. I started with $1k this year..it's not much to build on unless I went to a 20u bankroll and started tearing shit up.

I think you would be fine with a 20u bankroll. If it is not imperative that your bankroll last forever, I think you are being too conservative with a 50u bankroll.

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist View Post
    I think you would be fine with a 20u bankroll. If it is not imperative that your bankroll last forever, I think you are being too conservative with a 50u bankroll.
    I may start that after 126. I will be making far less bets though, for sure.

I'd make more money if I put my bankroll in the stock market than MMA betting.

However I'm sticking with it because having $ on fights make it sooooo much more entertaining.

I've thought about Kamikaze myself. If there's one bet I'd bet my bankroll on, it'd be Fitch over Penn at -170

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Ngo View Post
    I'd make more money if I put my bankroll in the stock market than MMA betting.

However I'm sticking with it because having $ on fights make it sooooo much more entertaining.

I've thought about Kamikaze myself. If there's one bet I'd bet my bankroll on, it'd be Fitch over Penn at -170

Why Fitch?
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist View Post
    I have given up on every making a living doing this, because I would need a bankroll somewhere in the 1-2 million dollar range to actually earn an income off it.
    Of course, with a 1 mil bankroll, a 1% unit is $10k. Which brings up the question: Does anyone know how much money you could plausibly sink into bets on a given (lets say) main card UFC fight? Let's say you live in Las Vegas.

Yeah, that is the other issue. I don't know because I don't bet in vegas, but I am guessing you would have difficulty making a $50k bets on a regular basis. Hell, when I was out there, no one even had action on the SF card that was going on. So I think the best I can hope for is to build up a nice big stack and my bets would probably top out around $1000, which I have made bets that size online with no issues. That is still a sizable bankroll and I would be quite happy if I could build up to $50k.

Quote Originally Posted by LudoCain View Post
    Why Fitch?
    Only two ppl Fitch can lose to at WW is GSP obviously and maybe Shields.

Fitch is just gonna do what he does best, take him down and lay / pray him. Better cardio, better training camp. I think Fitch's takedowns are better than BJ's defense. After seeing the way Fitch manhandled Alves, I don't think Penn stands a chance and -170 is a steal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Ngo View Post
    Only two ppl Fitch can lose to at WW is GSP obviously and maybe Shields.

Fitch is just gonna do what he does best, take him down and lay / pray him. Better cardio, better training camp. I think Fitch's takedowns are better than BJ's defense. After seeing the way Fitch manhandled Alves, I don't think Penn stands a chance and -170 is a steal.

-170 is a good price on Fitch usually, but I don't know that I would lay it all down on Fitch. Alves looked like dogshit in that fight and never made weight after a very long layoff. I think that's a bad fight to base everything off of because it's misleading due to extenuating circumstances. I could be wrong, but I feel like BJ has a real will to win here. He brought in Matt Hughes to help him prepare for Fitch. It would have to have taken a whole lot for BJ to either extend the offer, or accept Hughes' offer to help. I could be wrong though. It depends not so much on Fitch but on which BJ Penn we see. The BJ Penn who would rather eat ho-ho's and party before a fight, or the BJ Penn who got off his ass and trained hard for one.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

Lol at 'which BJ shows up'. You still clinging to that old chestnut, Ludo?

And I think a big part of How Alves looked against Fitch was that Fitch made him look that way. He was neutralized and couldn't get comfortable the whole fight.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

I don't think it's ever a good idea to bet big against BJ Penn. Say what you want about his past losses but he is pretty damn good. He is a BJJ world champ with very good hands.

Quote Originally Posted by zY| View Post
    Lol at 'which BJ shows up'. You still clinging to that old chestnut, Ludo?

And I think a big part of How Alves looked against Fitch was that Fitch made him look that way. He was neutralized and couldn't get comfortable the whole fight.
    I am glad that I am not the only one that doesn't but this.

Fuck Fitch

War BJ
    I heart cock