Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst ... 234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: Strikeforce: Diaz vs. Cyborg - Jan 29th

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    I think Jacare's line is way too high
    too high? you remember that lawler got oustruck by babalu?
    IMO jacare's striking is better than babalu and I'm not talking about his takedowns and bjj.

Can Cyborg win this? Thinking about Diaz now.

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist View Post
    Can Cyborg win this? Thinking about Diaz now.
    I don't see how. His only path is a KO, and Diaz has an iron jaw. Maybe a cut stoppage, but Cyborg would probably gas out before it got to that point.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by trotterz View Post
    too high? you remember that lawler got oustruck by babalu?
    IMO jacare's striking is better than babalu and I'm not talking about his takedowns and bjj.

Yes the line is too high imo . I had it at -150.
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by IWS Zak View Post
    I don't see how. His only path is a KO, and Diaz has an iron jaw. Maybe a cut stoppage, but Cyborg would probably gas out before it got to that point.
    Does Cyborg gas? I honestly know nothing of his work. It is a 5 rounder right? Very few guys can beat Diaz in a 5 rounder IMO. So he is going to try to blitz him and KO him? Diaz had a good chin, but i think it is more than he is a good boxer and he doesn't get hit with big unseen shots that often. He does take a lot of shots though.

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist View Post
    Does Cyborg gas? I honestly know nothing of his work. It is a 5 rounder right? Very few guys can beat Diaz in a 5 rounder IMO. So he is going to try to blitz him and KO him? Diaz had a good chin, but i think it is more than he is a good boxer and he doesn't get hit with big unseen shots that often. He does take a lot of shots though.
    Cyborg just never paces himself. He throws nothing but bombs (see his fight with Manhoef, which was a classic). He will probably come out guns blazing in round one, by the end of the round, be dead tired. Get subbed or Ko'd in the second.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Wow, the Gracie/Prangley line is a lot closer than I was expecting

Roger probably has value. It is a tough matchup, but I thought Roger would be at least -200.

Anyone know anything abouty Lawson/Keslar?

Isaiah Hill is 1-7 in his last 8 fights. Just sayin. I looked at Stack, and he looks pretty good solid all around guy. He trains with Gil Melendez. So it looks like a case of a serious up and comer being fed some guy who likes to get his head smashed.

Probably going to do Stack/Diaz I am still looking at Lawson and Coy

Lawson is a BMX rider. He used to wrestle as well. He may have some college wrestling but I'm not sure. He has also had a lot of injuries the past couple of years. That is why he has been inactive.

Thinking about some bets here. James Terry to start. Can you find anything on Lucas Gamazza?

Gamazza trains at Cesar Gracie. He started doing BJJ. Hasn't fought since the end of 2009. I can't figure out how good he is though.

He has gone the distance in all his fights. Hasn't submitted anyone..James hung in there standing with Tarec. James should be able to handle this kid. Sprawl and brawl if he wants. I will probably throw something on him. Maybe some parlays for this.

1.45u to win 1u on Gracie
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

Wow Ballsy bet. Prangley isn't bad....

Quote Originally Posted by edman5555 View Post

He isnt good either
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

I am probably going to be on Roger as well. I think that Roger may outstrike him with his reach. If Prangley tries to GNP him, he'll die. 100% Roger beats him on the ground from any position. 40% chance Roger outpoints him standing. I also think Roger can take him down. Prangley is a good wrestler, but he is a lot smaller than Roger.

Yeah I hear what you guys are saying but don't forget Roger has only had 3 fights for a total of about 3 rounds. Prangley has been around a while and may have the ability to keep it standing. He could conceivably outstrike Roger too..

Yeah I hear what you guys are saying but don't forget Roger has only had 3 fights for a total of about 3 rounds. Prangley has been around a while and may have the ability to keep it standing. He could conceivably outstrike Roger too..
    He's not bad, granted. However he's not great either. He's 38 years old, never even come close to cracking top 25 in the division, and he seems tailor made for Gracie here. He's not nearly long enough to present major problems unless he gets way inside on Gracie. He's not explosively athletic. His striking isn't power strike centered, and he is fairly flat footed standing. If this fight hits the ground at all Prangley loses. Roger has reach, not necessarily power but his strikes come in volume sort of like Nick Diaz' type of striking and has a strong clinch game as well. I can see Roger more or less deciding where this fight goes because I don't think Prangley would dare shoot. He almost got caught in an armbar by Jardine as well. I can see Roger getting the better of the standup as well, the pace Roger sets there could be a problem and it might just overwhelm Prangley(who struggled with Jardines combinations) if Roger starts landing cleanly.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u