Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: Strikeforce: Diaz vs. Cyborg - Jan 29th

Blah my internet explorer just fucked up. Anyway Prangley might be a better striker than Roger..he has only had three fights. Prangley is also a good wrestler, south africa national champ and all american. He also has a lot more exp. Roger can win obv, but he is still green.

Quote Originally Posted by edman5555 View Post
    Blah my internet explorer just fucked up. Anyway Prangley might be a better striker than Roger..he has only had three fights. Prangley is also a good wrestler, south africa national champ and all american. He also has a lot more exp. Roger can win obv, but he is still green.
    Thats a given. Roger is very green and I didn't overlook that when I made the bet. I just think overall it still comes down to Prangley having never been that good on top of him being almost forty years old now. Roger also has the kinds of things it's hard to train for. Being 6'4", having the kind of jiu jitsu he does, and the striking reach to do what he wants.

It's kind of like Kendall Grove. He isn't even top 30 in the middleweight division as far as talent goes but he makes up for alot because he's so fucking long it gives people problems simply because he's able to do things most people aren't.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

Just took Gracie 1.4u for 1u

.25u to win 2.25u Parlay on Nick/jacare/roger/nate coy/ bobby stack/ eric lawson/ james terry.

I don't think I will be betting much of anything here other than Nick and Souza. Any guy I would like to bet on is a favorite, on top of that I can't find much info on the guys I want to look up. James Terry seems like a good bet but I can't dig up shit on Pablo Garza and I don't want to lay down -250.

Ill be on Diaz for sure. Still deciding on putting something on Jacare.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Stack/Diaz 4u

1.35u on Roger

Roger Gracie 2u to win 1.5u.

Diaz/Walker/Stack 1u to win 1u

Quote Originally Posted by edman5555 View Post
    Roger Gracie 2u to win 1.5u.
    Why did you change your mind? Don't curse us, we need at least one dissenter...

I don't know. I'm an idiot. I should play it safe but I am not. We better pray Roger gets him to the ground. He is the best ever.

^^ Well you have the hot hand lately...

I was just hoping you recognized something. I really think Roger is just a winner. I like his jj because he is so cerebral. One thing I can guarantee is that Roger is coming in with a gameplan to exploit something, he is not going to just go out there and "see what happens". He sounds realistic about his limitations, and I really think he will find a way. He was starting to get the better of Randleman standing before he dropped him. And I think if he is getting beat down standing Roger will jump guard or go after a leg or something. He'll get it done. Believe.

I took a big hit @ Fight for the Troops so I am hoping to get back on the wagon this weekend. Right now I have 3.35u on Diaz and 2.6u on Coy. I want to bet Jacare, but for some reason I am just not feeling good about it so I am going to stay away unless his line drops significantly. I am planning to look at the rest of the fights later.

^ Lawler has a clear and somewhat viable path to victory. For me, at -240 or whatever he is, that just is not worth it, even though I do think he will win. I am trying to get back to my original rules, one of which is that I don't pay a steep price on a guy when the other guy has a very clear path to victory. You might disagree though, because if you think Jacare will be able to take him down, then Lawler is all but dead in the water. I happen to think Jacare will have a lot of trouble getting Lawler down and keeping it there. And his (Jacare's) new found love of boxing makes me somewhat wary.

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist View Post
    ^ Lawler has a clear and somewhat viable path to victory. For me, at -240 or whatever he is, that just is not worth it, even though I do think he will win. I am trying to get back to my original rules, one of which is that I don't pay a steep price on a guy when the other guy has a very clear path to victory. You might disagree though, because if you think Jacare will be able to take him down, then Lawler is all but dead in the water. I happen to think Jacare will have a lot of trouble getting Lawler down and keeping it there. And his (Jacare's) new found love of boxing makes me somewhat wary.
    This. Jacare would turn him into a pretzel on the ground but Lawlers sprawl is going to present him with problems, and for all we know Robbie could catch him early and win because he starts very fast whereas Souza likes to feel things out for a little bit. I definitely like Jacare to win, no doubt about it. I just don't like -260 when it's nowhere near that lopsided.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

I bet Roger for a few reasons. I am an action junkie for one. Also there are a few things about Prangley that make me think Roger can beat him. He is similar to Kevin Randleman in a lot of ways: height, age, wrestling background. He has also never really beaten anyone that good. I was weighing his win over Jardine a little too much before. He's getting old and he was never that good to begin with. His base is wrestling which is more or less a form of grappling and Rogers the best grappler in the world. Also how is Prangley going to push the action standing? He has to get inside to connect..if he commits to hard he could end up on the ground. That should make it easier for Roger to outpoint him. If it goes to the ground at all there is a very good chance he gets subbed or at least controlled for the remainder of the round(helps with points).

Another thing I noticed was Roger has actually been competing in MMA since 2006. He is obv green but he might have a little more knowledge than he would if he had all three of his fights in 1 year.

I think the value in the Jacare fight is probably Lawler via (T)KO @+320 or whatever it is.

Also Herschel Walker looks like a good bet. This guy Carson fought 3 times about 10 years ago. Then he came back recently and got knocked out. Herschel is a pro athlete, this guy shouldn't be on his level. Also you've gotta think they are giving Herschel guys they think he can beat. I know anything can happen in there but he looked ok in his last outing and he does not seem one bit 48 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333 View Post
    I took a big hit @ Fight for the Troops so I am hoping to get back on the wagon this weekend. Right now I have 3.35u on Diaz and 2.6u on Coy. I want to bet Jacare, but for some reason I am just not feeling good about it so I am going to stay away unless his line drops significantly. I am planning to look at the rest of the fights later.
    Coy's opponent is a former purdue wrestler. He has the tools to beat Coy. I'm not saying it will happen but I wouldn't be shocked. Coy is pretty good though.