Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 253031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Ufc 130

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333 View Post
    So did Roy Nelson look like shit tonight or did Mir look really good? That was the first time (I think) that we saw Mir in more of a "complete" fight instead of just a beatdown.
    I don't think Mir looked very good personally. I thought they both looked shitty, with Mir being less shitty. He did hit a sweet throw though.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Roy looked like shit. Maybe this fight will tell Roy you can't come in to a fight looking like "the people of walmart" and expect to win a fight against a decent opponent
    LOL

Word.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist View Post
    I don't think Mir looked very good personally. I thought they both looked shitty, with Mir being less shitty. He did hit a sweet throw though.
    Other than the fact that he didn't finish him, what more could you have wanted?
    I heart cock

Nelson's takedowns suck. I was impressed with mir's takedowns tho. He found success in dropping to his knees and tying both of nelsons legs up. Way more effective than his lame single leg attempts. Nelson looked off tonight tho. He usually doesn't gas. Maybe he wasnt completely healed from his knee surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    Other than the fact that he didn't finish him, what more could you have wanted?
    He just didn't put up very much offense. He let Roy press him on the cage quite a bit in the first round. I don't know how many of those knees actually landed, but that was really his only output in the fight. He got a few takedowns, but he didn't pass and when Roy gave his back, he didn't go for the finish. Mir also gassed IMO, just not as bad as Roy.

Basically, I just hate Mir and I don't want to give him any credit.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

I am not saying the fight would have went different, but I am pretty sure Roy was sick this week. He had no voice at the press conference and in an interview he told Helwani he got sick at UFC 129 and still has whatever he got there but he doesn't go to doctors.

He just didn't put up very much offense. He let Roy press him on the cage quite a bit in the first round. I don't know how many of those knees actually landed, but that was really his only output in the fight. He got a few takedowns, but he didn't pass and when Roy gave his back, he didn't go for the finish. Mir also gassed IMO, just not as bad as Roy.

Basically, I just hate Mir and I don't want to give him any credit.
    Considering the fact that I thought Roy might: a) crack Mir with a punch and (T)KO him, or b) outwrestle him. . .

or I thought the fight might be a boring back and forth affair a la the Mir-Crocop fight. . .

I thought Mir looked great. He went out and really went after it. I thought it was a fantastic fight and proved that Mir can go three rounds with high output for a heavyweight.
    I heart cock

That was the first time (I think) that we saw Mir in more of a "complete" fight instead of just a beatdown.
    Agreed.

It's one of the only wins of Mir's career that doesn't just seem like a complete goddamn fluke.

I thought he was very impressive.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

I actually want to see Story v. Fitch to see who is the Fitchiest wrestler in the land.
    I bet Story would win the first round and Fitch the third.

It would be an interesting fight, although the betting me hates it when two guys I like to bet on get paired up.

Also: Stann vs. Santiago FotN? That's the weakest FotN I've seen in a long time. Really a gift for Santiago, there.

Well, I was discussing on here with someone (Luke maybe) about the takedown style of Story being more like Fitch than Koscheck. Basically a fence presser.

This was probably the main reason that I didn't bet Alves, so Kudos to you for pointing that our for me, because I would have been on Alves.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

On a side note, my home boy said I got Hair like Mir, body like Nelson.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/05/2...s-performance/

Dana White is a dick. I really don't think that fight was that bad. Josh Koscheck vs Paul Daley (a co main event)was pretty boring but he gave Koscheck a title fight. He hasn't criticized GSP lately. Dana must have wanted one of those guys to destroy each other so he could make one a title contender with Brock out.

Dana White told Helwani that Machida is next for Jones if Rampage can't fight due to his hand.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/05/2...s-performance/

Dana White is a dick. I really don't think that fight was that bad. Josh Koscheck vs Paul Daley (a co main event)was pretty boring but he gave Koscheck a title fight. He hasn't criticized GSP lately. Dana must have wanted one of those guys to destroy each other so he could make one a title contender with Brock out.
    That's bullshit. I just don't get the criticism of Mir or of the fight. I thought it was an awesome fight and much more worthy of FOTN than Stann/Santiago.
    I heart cock

Dana White told Helwani that Machida is next for Jones if Rampage can't fight due to his hand.
    Interesting.

I think Machida should have to get at least one more win before another title shot, but I think he's the most interesting style matchup for Jones.
    I heart cock

Yeah, I think jones would smash rampage. If that fight were confirmed, I would bet it at the -305 line for sure.

I guess Story wants Fitch

I would say that that's the fight that makes the most sense.
    I heart cock