Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: Ufc 130

Quote Originally Posted by zY| View Post
    Jardine was top 15.
    It doesnt matter but I was meaning current top 15 fighters cause thats what Ludo was refering to Hamill as
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

The real question is... who does Phil Davis fight now? I think they could put Krzysztof Soszynski, Vladimir Matyushenko, Jason Brilz, Kyle Kingsbury, or even Stephan Bonnar. I doubt they give him Bonnar though. That is a horrible match up for Bonnar.

Rampage's twitter:

"I'm not interested in Fighting Matt,I rather fight Rashad,I have un finished business with him"

It's either Rampage doesn't accept the the fight or Rampage just doesn't care about this fight and doesn't take it seriously I am guessing

Hamill is probably a better wrestler than Jackson. I think he might be pretty far behind in he standup though.

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333 View Post
    The real question is... who does Phil Davis fight now?
    He is fighthing Shogun no?

Real talk, Im on Davis no matter who he is fighting.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IWS Zak View Post
    He is fighthing Shogun no?

Real talk, Im on Davis no matter who he is fighting.

Hell I thought he was fighting Ashton Kutcher tonight on Strikeforce
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Jorge Santiago signed with the UFC and is debuting on this card. Who does he fight?

Brian Stann likely to meet Jorge Santiago, not Wanderlei Silva, at UFC 130 http://t.co/9RJqRnA
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Vitor Vs Wandy?

Quote Originally Posted by IWS Zak View Post
    Vitor Vs Wandy?
    Could be
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Vitor / Wandy be great for the UFC's return to Brazil.

"Thiago Silva is still riding the wave of the notoriously outplayed You Tube footage of his Brandon Vera demolishing from UFC 125, but sometimes all good things come to an end. It has recently been reported that Silva has failed one of the two samples from the fight night claiming he had an illegal substance in his blood. This is yet another fighter to add to the roster of UFC men that are competing on a professional level with an illegal advantage.

Oddly enough, Thiago Alves is in the exact same situation with his blood test scores not being spoken of from the John Howard fight at UFC 124 back in December. There was a list of fighters published that came back with clean test results, with every single one from that fight card listed...except for Thiago Alves.

How frustrating these recent developments have been for fight fans as the Memorial Day UFC 130 card, held in Las Vegas as it was set up to be a monster of a card. Ironically, with both Thiago's scheduled to fight in that event. Silva was to face off against Rampage, and Alves against Rick Story. Thiago Alves has already fallen prey to the steroid lifestyle as he was suspended for eight months and fined $5,500 just following his winning performance at UFC 66.

Another interesting debate going on currently is how unfair this news may come to Brandon Vera. He was cut from the UFC franchise just days after losing to Silva and many feel as if he should be allowed back into the UFC. Vera did lose two fights prior to this Silva match, but in many ways he did lose to Thiago under unfair circumstances. Guess in the end the UFC will announce shortly if either of the Thiago's will be fighting in their 130 event in May."

http://www.8countnews.com/news/125/A...011-02-13.html

^^
    "This is yet another fighter to add to the roster of UFC men that are competing on a professional level with an illegal advantage."

"Thiago Alves has already fallen prey to the steroid lifestyle as he was suspended for eight months and fined $5,500 just following his winning performance at UFC 66. "

Actual research before publishing a news story ftw. Both samples have to be dirty for a + test... also, Alves was suspended for diuretics, not roids.

Rampage: "I'll never get out of shape in between fights again"

Lines for main card are up

I went ahead and threw 1u on Story @+210 and 2u on Stann @+110. Will probably get an arb opportunity on Stann

Story is getting no respect AGAIN. I will take Story at that line. Going to let the Mir/Nelson line flush out, I think I can get better odds on Nelson in a fight I see as a coin flip.

I am not sure how to look at Nelson/Mir.

I am not sure how to look at Nelson/Mir.
    I think the grappling is about even, but Roy will probably take top position with his commitment to top position. Mir is more willing to work off his back, and I don't this he will catch Roy, but he definitely COULD. Standup, I think it is close to even, edge to Mir. I see it as a true toss up.

Mir struggles with guys that can actually grapple. Pe De Pano, Vera, Lesnar, Carwin... he did beat Nog. I also think Roy's superior cardio might help him.
    Last edited by MMA_scientist; 02-24-2011 at 03:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist View Post
    I think the grappling is about even, but Roy will probably take top position with his commitment to top position. Mir is more willing to work off his back, and I don't this he will catch Roy, but he definitely COULD. Standup, I think it is close to even, edge to Mir. I see it as a true toss up.

Mir struggles with guys that can actually grapple. Pe De Pano, Vera, Lesnar, Carwin... he did beat Nog. I also think Roy's superior cardio might help him.
    IIRC, (and I know this was years ago) but Mir was schooling Nelson at that NAGA event for the first few minutes, but like usual, he gassed out. Ill have to look at it again to be sure.