Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst ... 234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: Ufc 130

^^^^^^^^When Mir hit that escape at around the 5:58 mark, that was about it for him. LOL at that lazy shot when they were both standing.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IWS Zak View Post
    ^^^^^^^^When Mir hit that escape at around the 5:58 mark, that was about it for him. LOL at that lazy shot when they were both standing.
    lol, you think you posted the vid don't you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dj5xMeXybs

Mir hits a lateral drop to go up 2-0, then MAYBE gets another 2 for a guard pass ( it is not clear that Roy ever re-establishes guard) ... but then he gets swept making it 4-2, then he taken down making it 4-4. Then Mir gasses out and Roy scores a couple more times. But Mir had a bunch of advantages for his submission attempts. I look at it 2 ways, if Mir didn't get the throw right away, he might have gotten shut out entirely because all his points came off of that. But on the flip side, had he thrown Roy like that in MMA, he probably would have pounded him out or gotten the submission.

Roy has definitely gotten bigger and stronger since that vid though, so I don't know that Mir is going to be throwing him again. But then again, Mir was close on a couple of armbars and had been in a mean mood, he might have just broke some shit off.

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333 View Post
    Not really. Lots of places had this reported. Even bodog put odds up for the fight lol.

Luke, imo there is no fucking way Rampage will be -200
    -235 isnt far off -200 , you acted like I was on a completely different planet and the line was going to be -500
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    -235 isnt far off -200 , you acted like I was on a completely different planet and the line was going to be -500
    Opened at -260. I knew you were gonna say something lol. I figured it would have opened at like -285

Opened at -260. I knew you were gonna say something lol. I figured it would have opened at like -285

I didnt mean just you or anything by it,you guys had me thinking I was crazy for thinking it was going to be low lol
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

I think Rampage should win but I wouldn't underestimate Hamil. He has very good wrestling and he is strong as an ox.

Quote Originally Posted by edman5555 View Post
    I think Rampage should win but I wouldn't underestimate Hamil. He has very good wrestling and he is strong as an ox.
    I agree. I might bet Hamill at the current odds. Compare their striking vs. Jardine, for example. And the fact that Rampage had some problems with Evans' wrestling.

Yeah Hamill is not that bad at all. He was a three time D3 national champion.

Miguel Torres vs. Brad Pickett official for May's UFC 130 in Las Vegas http://t.co/Gu8sLS6
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

How do you guys feel about the Edgar/Maynard rematch? I think Edgar is going to win.

How do you guys feel about the Edgar/Maynard rematch? I think Edgar is going to win.
    This might be one of those fights where I'd be inclined to take either guy at + odds.

Quote Originally Posted by Svino View Post
    This might be one of those fights where I'd be inclined to take either guy at + odds.
    That's how I'm feeling. Though I do think that Frankie will probably pull it out.
    I heart cock

I just think Frankie is going to keep improving. He controlled the pace of the fight after round 1 and made the proper adjustments after getting the fuck beat out of him for 4 minutes. He was able to take Maynard down, and utilize his movement against Maynard. However...Maynard might have "punched himself out" in the first round which may have been the cause of that. But I am guessing Edgar knows what he has to do to avoid getting rocked like that again and will mix things up even more in this fight with TDs/strikes.

Fuck it. I believe in Frankie.

1.3u to win 1u
    I heart cock

IMO Frankie didn't really win any of those rounds by more than a hair and Gray did punch himself out. Randy Couture said that after the fight. Gray told him he punched himself out in the first round and he didn't have his legs under him for takedown attempts. This is what he told his coach. I think Gray holds the clear advantage in the standup and the wrestling.

I am amazed Gray is an underdog again.

I am amazed Gray is an underdog again.
    He was the favorite @UFC 125

IMO Frankie didn't really win any of those rounds by more than a hair and Gray did punch himself out. Randy Couture said that after the fight. Gray told him he punched himself out in the first round and he didn't have his legs under him for takedown attempts. This is what he told his coach. I think Gray holds the clear advantage in the standup and the wrestling.
    I think it remains to be seen how the wrestling will play out. I wouldn't be surprised to see it cancel out.

On the feet, I honestly think that Frankie is clearly a better boxer. Gray hit him with a hard punch. People get caught. I think that kind of thing is the exception rather than the rule, especially when Gray doesn't have a history of (T)KOing guys in the past. From a technical standpoint, though, Frankie's boxing was clearly good enough to win him enough rounds that he still pulled out a draw despite losing two points in the first round and having to make up that ground.
    I heart cock

Gray does have a history of dropping guys with punches. He dropped Nate Diaz 1 or 2 times in their fight. He almost killed Frankie.

Frankie has a good game but I will be on Gray for their next fight. Probably Gray by decision.