Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 37424344454647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 131 JDS vs Carwin

Hasnt been mentioned yet, but another 10 to 20 seconds and Carwin probably chokes him out

I doubt it. He really wasn't in a very good position to complete the choke and, if nothing else, his arms probably would've gassed out.
    I heart cock

Thats what I thought, but it was an arm-in guillotine and JDS couldn't spin away from the choke. Not sure if Carwin had enough leverage to finish once JDS rolled, but it woulda been intersting

The look on JDS's face certainly isn't reassuring, but I can't remember the last time I saw a guillotine get finished on the ground when the guy doing the choke didn't have guard.

In any case, my 10u is glad we didn't find out.
    I heart cock

Yea agreed. When scientist shows his face again mayb he can lend some insight.

He almost looks like he's raising his right hand to tap right at the very end of the gif, but I doubt it.
    I heart cock

it doesn't look good. It offers some insight into the Cain fight. If he is having that much trouble with Carwin, Cain will toss him around.

Herb Dean was stepping in to break them up at the end of the round. Looks like JDS raised his hand enough to say "WTF" that Carwin didn't separate fast enough.

But then again, he is making a stupid fucking face as if he was about to tap.

I don't know.

I think Cain will demolish JDS if he is in solid enough shape and healed up which I would think he would be if he shows up to fight. It is a title fight after all.

I am not sure about demolish, but I think he will get it done.

Demolish, maybe even ass rape.

I got JDS by TKO

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Still patiently waiting for Scientist end of event summary
    I actually ended up cornering a guy in a local show last night. I didn't finish watching the event until today.

Anyway. As for Einemo, I am not upset there... I don't care anything about Einemo and I fell I correctly capped the fight:

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist View Post
    Pass. He hasn't fought in 5 years and hasn't competed in bjj (as far as I know) in 8 years. The bet to make on that fight is that it doesn't go the distance. I have no idea what Einemo is going to look like... he could be a beast or he could just get his head taken off. My guess is he gasses out in round 2 and gets KOd.

I think he has the potential to beat just about any heavyweight just based on his ADCC win alone, but without having seen him fight, it is pure guesswork. If he was fighting someone less imposing physically, I would consider it, but Herman is a big experienced guy that packs a lot of power.

As for Maia, I am ok with it. I gave it to him 29-28... but it was not a robbery. I don't really feel like he lost, and I don't feel like he was robbed... sort of push (except for the bet I lost). I feel like Maia was better when he was desperate to grapple. Old Maia would have figured out a way to get the fight down more. But I also really like Munoz, he is probably my 2nd favorite fighter in that division, so it wasn't like seeing Maia get beat by Sonnen or Bisping or someone. Anyway, Maia is officially a gatekeeper and not a contender now. Munoz is probably one win away from a shot. Palhares/Munoz, make it happen.

Florian: meh.
    Cowboy: meh.
    Weidman:

JDS gave Carwin a beating though... I am with the consensus here, I would take Cain if he were healthy, just because his wrestling offense is a lot better IMO. Also his pace and tenacity on the takedown will be different. But with the surgery and layoff... who knows. I won't bet it, but if I have to give one word: Cain. I think Overeem would give JDS a shit load of trouble though, just because of the style. They are both going to want to kickbox... Overeem is the K1 world champ, that has to account for something.

FOTN: Edman/Luke post event fight.

Edman is an asset here, he is kicking everyone's ass for 2011. As far as I know, he has only made one absurd bet early on in the year. Having more losses than wins doesn't mean chasing... he could be betting a lot of dogs. I mean, if you bet only +300 dogs, you are going to have more losses than wins. Also, the straight bets could be hedges. Also, he could just bet more on the fights he has confidence in and less on the others.

As for insulting luke's take for 2011, not cool, and everyone knows that. It doesn't need to be repeated. Everyone know that luke knows his shit. Do this thing for a while and you will have a bad streak as well... everyone does. Insulting a short term return is just ignorant. Even the best cappers in the whole wide world have bad streaks.

That said, who cares, let's move on. We are all here to make money.

As for the tone of IWS, it doesn't bother me personally... but then again, I am an asshole that way. I don't feel like I get attacked personally much... and I generally get good feedback when I ask for it.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Carwin would have had to step over to mount to finish that choke. He took him straight to side control, no way he can finish that there. He looked like he just used it tp push JDS over and was going to try to take mout... but I think JDS only got caught in there because he knew the fight was over and he was just looking to avoid a miracle bomb. Much ado about nothing IMO.

Palhares vs Munoz would be great. But we will probably see Munoz vs Stann.

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333 View Post
    Probably right. I would be interested to see how far Stann's takedown defense has come... but I got Munoz by tko.

Looks like JDS raised his hand enough to say "WTF" that Carwin didn't separate fast enough.
    Watching it again, I think you're right.
    I heart cock

Would love to see Stann-Munoz
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist View Post
    I actually ended up cornering a guy in a local show last night. I didn't finish watching the event until today.

Anyway. As for Einemo, I am not upset there... I don't care anything about Einemo and I fell I correctly capped the fight:

As for Maia, I am ok with it. I gave it to him 29-28... but it was not a robbery. I don't really feel like he lost, and I don't feel like he was robbed... sort of push (except for the bet I lost). I feel like Maia was better when he was desperate to grapple. Old Maia would have figured out a way to get the fight down more. But I also really like Munoz, he is probably my 2nd favorite fighter in that division, so it wasn't like seeing Maia get beat by Sonnen or Bisping or someone. Anyway, Maia is officially a gatekeeper and not a contender now. Munoz is probably one win away from a shot. Palhares/Munoz, make it happen.

Florian: meh.
    Cowboy: meh.
    Weidman:

JDS gave Carwin a beating though... I am with the consensus here, I would take Cain if he were healthy, just because his wrestling offense is a lot better IMO. Also his pace and tenacity on the takedown will be different. But with the surgery and layoff... who knows. I won't bet it, but if I have to give one word: Cain. I think Overeem would give JDS a shit load of trouble though, just because of the style. They are both going to want to kickbox... Overeem is the K1 world champ, that has to account for something.

Good job.Waited till 3am for this and it didnt come last night , didnt realize you werent around .Your prediction on Einemo was spot on

How did the guy you cornered do?
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP