Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 384344454647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 131 JDS vs Carwin

Dana must not have been too impressed with Florian either:

Even though UFC president Dana White told the media at UFC 131‘s post-fight press conference that Kenny Florian would “most likely” be next for featherweight champ Jose Aldo, White isn’t ready to officially anoint him the number one contender just yet.
    “We’ll see what happens,” White told Ariel Helwani.
    But you just said…
    “Nothing is definitive,” White continued.
    The other 145-pounder that immediately comes to mind as a possible title contender is Team Alpha Male’s Chad Mendes.
    It was the undefeated Mendes who was initially dubbed Aldo’s next challenger until the champ was forced to pull out of their rumored scrap at UFC 133. Rani Yahya has since stepped in for Aldo to take on Mendes.
    The outcome of that pivotal showdown should have an impact in determining Aldo’s next opponent.
    After a successful 145-pound debut, Florian plans on sticking around at featherweight to chase down the ever-elusive champion.
    However, when that opportunity will actually come is still in question.
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Stann by TKO

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Good job.Waited till 3am for this and it didnt come last night , didnt realize you werent around .Your prediction on Einemo was spot on

How did the guy you cornered do?
    He won by triangle choke in about 2 minutes, put the guy to sleep. If you want to see some finishes, go watch a local ammy card. 9 fights, only 1 went into the second round.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Dana must not have been too impressed with Florian either:
    Mendes would do a Gray Maynard on Florian IMO.

Yeah, Mendes would beat Florian easy.

I think Florian should high-tail it back to LW. He's not beating Aldo, so it's not like he's going to be champ at FW. And he just didn't look right. At LW he already looks kind of skeletal . . . at 145 he looks sick.

Plus, I think he kind of got lucky on his win. If Nunes's cardio had held up, he probably would've lost.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist View Post
    He won by triangle choke in about 2 minutes, put the guy to sleep. If you want to see some finishes, go watch a local ammy card. 9 fights, only 1 went into the second round.

The gym I use to attend puts on events at the local high school about once every three months ,havent been to one in almost a year but you are correct the fights usually go fast ,even the kickboxing matches
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    I think Florian should high-tail it back to LW. He's not beating Aldo, so it's not like he's going to be champ at FW. And he just didn't look right. At LW he already looks kind of skeletal . . . at 145 he looks sick.

Plus, I think he kind of got lucky on his win. If Nunes's cardio had held up, he probably would've lost.
    dont think it matters where Florian goes his time has past and he isnt going to be top 4 in any divison unless.......................you think he can make 125 for the new FW division?
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Well that implies that if you can't be top 4 then you should just hang 'em up. C'mon Luke, this isn't boxing.

I'm just saying that Florian will feel better and, I think, perform better at 155. He'll never be champ, but he'll always be hovering right around the top 5 and he can still beat most anyone in that division.
    I heart cock

I can't think of 4 LW's (Sherk, Maynard, Edgar... if Penn is still a LW, then yes) or FW's (Aldo, Mendes) that would be favored over Florian. Still, he ain't going to be champ and he has other options (pleae UFC, Florian replaces Rogan)... you proved your point, no point getting your brains bashed in.

Well that implies that if you can't be top 4 then you should just hang 'em up. C'mon Luke, this isn't boxing.

I'm just saying that Florian will feel better and, I think, perform better at 155. He'll never be champ, but he'll always be hovering right around the top 5 and he can still beat most anyone in that division.
    I didnt say he should hang them up I just meant his time has past at ever having a shot at a title, he didnt move to 145 because he likes the extra weight cut he went there to go after a title which isnt happening
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Banned
    Update for #CarwinArmy @ShaneCarwin has a broken nose and possibly a fractured check bone. CT scan was fine. Thanks for the positivity.

I'm sure he also has a broken spirit.
    I heart cock

Florian has a shot at Aldo. Mark Hominick almost beat Aldo.

And no, that silly "choke attempt" from Carwin didn't look close at all.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

hominick wasn't really that close, those shots at the end weren't hurting him that much. It just looked bad because he was so tired. If his cardio is still that shitty Kenny might have a small chance. I think he gets beat by a strong wrestler though, as always.

Quote Originally Posted by edman5555 View Post
    hominick wasn't really that close, those shots at the end weren't hurting him that much. It just looked bad because he was so tired. If his cardio is still that shitty Kenny might have a small chance. I think he gets beat by a strong wrestler though, as always.
    Right. I just mean, he didn't look infallible like he's been touted. It's not a given that he beats Kenny.

I think it's obvious he would beat the Kenny that fought last night.

I would probably take Aldo up to -300.
    I heart cock

Obviously he should be favored. But it's silly for you guys to be writing him off already saying he should go back to LW.

Did you SEE him, though? He just didn't look healthy. A man is not supposed to look that that. Even if he can beat everyone in the division I almost feel like on moral grounds I should object. But the truth is that he didn't perform that well either.
    I heart cock

Did you SEE him, though? He just didn't look healthy. A man is not supposed to look that that. Even if he can beat everyone in the division I almost feel like on moral grounds I should object. But the truth is that he didn't perform that well either.
    What are you talking about?