Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: TUF 13 Finale

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    My point is simply that Roop is not without tools
    Well every fighter has "tools", so you wouldn't bet against a fighter with them? I think Grispi matches up well stylistically with Roop regardless of their previous fights.

I looked at the PBP for Grispi/Porier. I really did not remember it being that one sided... Grispi was trying to pull guard and got stuffed repeatedly on his shots. I guess I have to adjust my line down. Grispi is tricky off his back, so I don't know how much Roop gains by taking him down. But I thought Grispi's hands were better than they are.

Was Grispi's poor showing just a one off thing, first time in the UFC and all, or is he just all hype? He has some quality wins, but now I am questioning...
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

^^I'll watch that fight right now

http://mmaufcvideos.blogspot.com/201...n-poirier.html

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist View Post
    I looked at the PBP for Grispi/Porier. I really did not remember it being that one sided... Grispi was trying to pull guard and got stuffed repeatedly on his shots. I guess I have to adjust my line down. Grispi is tricky off his back, so I don't know how much Roop gains by taking him down. But I thought Grispi's hands were better than they are.

Was Grispi's poor showing just a one off thing, first time in the UFC and all, or is he just all hype? He has some quality wins, but now I am questioning...
    Most has to do with the fact that Poirier is a VERY good fighter.

Quote Originally Posted by sbjj View Post
    Most has to do with the fact that Poirier is a VERY good fighter.
    I remember when he had his first fight in the WEC people were saying this guy was awesome, was tearing up the local scene, and to bet on him. I did and he lost. Since then, I guess I have been weighing that fight against him too much.

How do you guys rate Grispi's striking against Roop's?

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333 View Post
    Awesome thanks. I have all but given up on finding vids these days and I generally just settle for the PBP.

I think Poirier started in WEC at 155, lost to Castillo then dropped to 45

I remember when he had his first fight in the WEC people were saying this guy was awesome, was tearing up the local scene, and to bet on him. I did and he lost. Since then, I guess I have been weighing that fight against him too much.

How do you guys rate Grispi's striking against Roop's?
    Yea, the Castillo fight. It was a close fight. I always thought Grispi was a bit overrated, but he should still beat Roop. But the line will probably be to high.

Dustin Poirier just looked great in the Grispi fight. Now that I think about it, Grispi might not be that good but I still think he has the grappling advantage over Roop. I mean, Grispi might be overrated...he subbed a white belt in Jens Pulver in 20 seconds, I am sure Stone Cold Steve Austin could do the same.

Well every fighter has "tools", so you wouldn't bet against a fighter with them?
    You know what I mean. He has FUNCTIONAL tools that he can--and has--done damage with to some decent fighters.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think Roop is all that great. But the guys in the WEC who have really given him problems have been guys who are known to have very good technical boxing--Wineland and Hominick. I don't think Grispi falls into that category.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    But the guys in the WEC who have really given him problems have been guys who are known to have very good technical boxing--Wineland and Hominick. I don't think Grispi falls into that category.
    Maybe because Roop has only fought strikers in the WEC: Wineland, Hominick, Garcia, and KZ. The last time he fought a good grappler he got ragdolled like a little school girl (against G Sot).

Was Grispi's poor showing just a one off thing, first time in the UFC and all, or is he just all hype?
    I don't think it has to be one or the other. He's a very good fighter, but that doesn't mean he's the best.
    I heart cock

Maybe because Roop has only fought strikers in the WEC: Wineland, Hominick, Garcia, and KZ. The last time he fought a good grappler he got ragdolled like a little school girl (against G Sot).
    Well, to be clear that was at a higher weight class.

How he'll do against grapplers at 145 is a question mark.
    I heart cock

He did beat LC Davis and Mark Hominick though. I mean, he has 14 wins, with 13 wins in the first round. He has some KOs. At some point, it stops being a fluke and starts becoming a pattern.

Roop has been subbed several times, so I think his plan is to stay outside and stuff shots and use his reach. I don't know, I am just going to have to see the line. I was thinking he was good up to -250, but maybe X has it more accurately capped at like -170 or so. I think I will probably still look at it under -250... if it comes in more than that, I am definitely out.

What do you guys think about Stephens/Downes?

. . . but maybe X has it more accurately capped at like -170 or so. I think I will probably still look at it under -250... if it comes in more than that, I am definitely out.
    I would say I'm erring on the side of caution with that line. Maybe he just comes in and destroys Roop inside of two minutes. But I have been burned too many times in the past where fighters take a bad loss and for some reason have a string of fights afterward where they just don't look like they used to.
    I heart cock

http://www.mmageeks.co.cc/2011/02/ch...nes-fight.html

^Horodecki vs Downes. Downes had like 3 days notice

Can't find Downes vs the chinese guy though

Not liking much on this card. Stephens and Jorgensen should win, but there lines will be too high. Grispi is a finisher, and should beat Roop, but the price will be too high. Maybe a parlay of those 3. Rest of the fights are toss ups.

But shit, bmaker doesnt allow parlays on fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Thewisemann View Post
    But shit, bmaker doesnt allow parlays on fights.
    Someone said the other day that they just started, but I haven't checked it. . .
    I heart cock

They have been allowing them like 3 hours before the fight start