Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst ... 234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Strikeforce: Columbus - Mar 5th

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist View Post
    Their actual credentials are comparable, with Dan placing more in inportant comp but Mo actually won a couple things, includng Pan Ams. But Dan did make the olympic team in his day, which Mo missed in 2008. It remains to be seen if he can use it in MMA like Dan. The point is they are comparable wrestlers, but I think at this point Mo's takedowns are better than Dan's.

The thing is, Dan rarely goes for takedowns. He prefers to stand, but when he goes for them, he usually gets it. Now that I think about it, Dan is going to gas. I am thinking about the last several times he has fought grappling oriented or competitive fights. He obviously gassed against Shields. He was gassing against Franklin, and Franklin was starting to take over on him and that was a 3 rounder. He gassed against Rampage, I know that has been a while back, but Hendo won the first round and then faded hard.
    This is my only concern about that fight, the judging.
    Let's say hendo bring Feijao down 2-3 times per round. Even if Hendo can't hold Feijao down for too long and he comes back up everytime. How are the judges going to see those round. If they give the rounds everytime to hendo for the multiple takedowns, he could win a decision.
    Against lawal, lawal was up 2 rounds to 0 base on the takedowns before he got knocked out, and with Hendo's iron jaw, he will be hard to knocked out.
    Anyway, I think that feijao chances are good since hendo is going to gas, but I can defenetely see him win a lame decision based on a couple takedowns here and there.

^^ for sure. I wouldn't consider Feijao as a favorite, but at nearly 2:1, I think it is worth a play. I think it is close to even. Hendo could also catch him and knock him out.

Quote Originally Posted by trotterz View Post
    This is my only concern about that fight, the judging.
    Let's say hendo bring Feijao down 2-3 times per round. Even if Hendo can't hold Feijao down for too long and he comes back up everytime. How are the judges going to see those round. If they give the rounds everytime to hendo for the multiple takedowns, he could win a decision.
    Against lawal, lawal was up 2 rounds to 0 base on the takedowns before he got knocked out, and with Hendo's iron jaw, he will be hard to knocked out.
    Anyway, I think that feijao chances are good since hendo is going to gas, but I can defenetely see him win a lame decision based on a couple takedowns here and there.

Well the first round was pretty close. Keep in mind that everytime Lawal took him down, he was up in about 5 seconds or less. Mo held down Mousasi for 5 entire rounds..I really don't feel like Hendo can hold him down. I think Raf will be quite a bit bigger than Hendo too.

Hendo was fighting at 185 before this. He should be smaller than Raf. He was also controlled there by Jake, who is now fighting at 170.

Quote Originally Posted by edman5555 View Post
    Hendo was fighting at 185 before this. He should be smaller than Raf. He was also controlled there by Jake, who is now fighting at 170.
    to tell you the truth, I seriously think that feijao will win. But I have seen so many times in mma: a fighter A winning but then the fighter B gets a takedown at 10 sec left in the round and the judges gives him the round because of a takedown. I just hope we don't see that kind of crap in that bout.

he is a big dude

Quote Originally Posted by edman5555 View Post
    Don't let Shields now fighting at 170 fool you. Jake was every bit the size of a normal middleweight and he had put the muscle on through his time at Middleweight. Also, I don't know that it's safe to assume Hendo will be too much smaller than Cavalcante. Hendo wanted to enter the Heavyweight Grand Prix(which indicates he was of the kind of size that would allow for that kind of thing.

As far as the fight, I don't know that Hendo will be looking very hard for the takedown at all. Hendo has never really been a huge takedown guy and more of a greco clinch guy who's also a heavy hitter. given the tools I would say Cavalcante has a much better chance at winning than the line reflects. His muay thai is good and his ground game is very good. My only concern is that given Dan's prowess in the clinch the muay thai may not be as effective as it otherwise could be.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

The more I think about it, I think Hendo is going to lose. I grabbed Hendo @ even because I think it had great value and I knew I'd get an arb opportunity. I might just let it ride. I think we are going to be seeing a lot of what we saw this weekend in the next couple years: an up and comer beating the well known legend.

For the unaware: Miesha Tate is injured and Liz Carmouche is in. This happened a week or two ago.

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333 View Post
    For the unaware: Miesha Tate is injured and Liz Carmouche is in. This happened a week or two ago.
    Damn, I hadn't heard that. That sucks.
    I heart cock

Does anyone think Miesha Tate is a good underdog bet ? I think she can upset Coenen
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

MMAscientist are you still competing in the Arnold Classic this weekend in the bodybuilding or BJJ events?

Are you going to the Strikeforce event?
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

I hope Kennedy is under -300

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Does anyone think Miesha Tate is a good underdog bet ? I think she can upset Coenen
    Yes. I was going to make that bet

Yes. I was going to make that bet

Are you still going to?
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

I hope Kennedy is under -300
    I never really thought about the line on that one. I dont even have a guess where its going to be
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

MMAscientist are you still competing in the Arnold Classic this weekend in the bodybuilding or BJJ events?

Are you going to the Strikeforce event?
    I will be there with bells (ang gi) on. I am coming up friday.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Are you still going to?
    Luke be trolling.
    I heart cock

Odds up. I got kennedy at -220