Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst ... 23456789101116 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 132 July 2nd

I think Shields would give BJ a hard time. I don't see why BJ would handle him "easily". Shields has outwrestled a lot of guys. I don't see why he can't put BJ on his back as well as Fitch did. Shields BJJ is a lot better than Fitchs as well.. I think your not giving Condit enough credit either. He is a much bigger dude that should have a big reach advantage. He is very tough, hard to ko and hard to submit. He also has good power in his hands and he is good with his hands AND feet. I could see Condit giving anyone a hard time. Remember BJ is smaller than everyone in the division. It's going to be a lot harder for him to rule over everyone here.

BJ used to be one of the larger lightweights too..that helped him win IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by edman5555 View Post
    BJ used to be one of the larger lightweights too..that helped him win IMO.
    I disagree. I don't see how cutting from 165-170 makes him a larger lightweight. Florian is usually 175+ (he was 173 recently and he is moving down to FW), Tibau is like 300 lbs, Diego Sanchez (when he fought BJ) was over 190 lbs a day or two after UFC 107, Gray Maynard is supposedly like 180, etc. Frankie Edgar probably has to cut 3-5 lbs to make 155 and he beat BJ twice.

Penn will smash Condit, and would smash Shields also.

Quote Originally Posted by edman5555 View Post
    I think Shields would give BJ a hard time. I don't see why BJ would handle him "easily". Shields has outwrestled a lot of guys. I don't see why he can't put BJ on his back as well as Fitch did. Shields BJJ is a lot better than Fitchs as well.. I think your not giving Condit enough credit either. He is a much bigger dude that should have a big reach advantage. He is very tough, hard to ko and hard to submit. He also has good power in his hands and he is good with his hands AND feet. I could see Condit giving anyone a hard time. Remember BJ is smaller than everyone in the division. It's going to be a lot harder for him to rule over everyone here.
    I can see why you would think Shields would beat him, by just doing what Fitch did. But remember, Fitch couldn't do that until round 3. He lost the first 2 rounds (arguably). I don't think Shields is any better at takedowns than Fitch and his standup is nowhere near as good. So I think Bj would stuff him and knock the shit out of him on his feet, Matt Hughes style.

As for Condit, if BJ took him down, it would be over quick IMO. Condit can grapple pretty well, but not with BJ on top of him. Standing, I still think BJ would beat him. BJ is good, even at WW. He gave GSP as good a fight as anyone not that long ago. Alot of people think he beat GSP in teh first fight, he definitely did more damage. He KO'd Hughes who is also a large WW (Hughes may not be what he used to be, but he can still beat most of the division IMO). And he just took the #2 ww on the planet to a draw. I think he has to be favored over every other WW aside from GSP and Fitch.

Yeah maybe he isn't the biggest. I thought that was a little off after I typed it but BJ is on the upper end of size for the division. Remember it is very very big division. I don't think Diego was 190 in the cage though..that is 35 pounds less than his weigh in. I don't think he is cutting that. I guess I can't call him one of the bigger guys but he is def a good sized lightweight that is now a small welterweight.

Being smaller is going to catch up to BJ in this division. IMO it's a whole new ballgame for him now.

^^ for sure, but he has destroyed Diego, who is probably 1 win away from a title shot. He went to a draw with Fitch, one the biggest at most smothering WWs out there. He has done as well as anyone against GSP. And he beat Hughes. I think he has shown he can hang with the WWs, even the very best WWs.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyPilgrim View Post
    I can see why you would think Shields would beat him, by just doing what Fitch did. But remember, Fitch couldn't do that until round 3. He lost the first 2 rounds (arguably). I don't think Shields is any better at takedowns than Fitch and his standup is nowhere near as good. So I think Bj would stuff him and knock the shit out of him on his feet, Matt Hughes style.

As for Condit, if BJ took him down, it would be over quick IMO. Condit can grapple pretty well, but not with BJ on top of him. Standing, I still think BJ would beat him. BJ is good, even at WW. He gave GSP as good a fight as anyone not that long ago. Alot of people think he beat GSP in teh first fight, he definitely did more damage. He KO'd Hughes who is also a large WW (Hughes may not be what he used to be, but he can still beat most of the division IMO). And he just took the #2 ww on the planet to a draw. I think he has to be favored over every other WW aside from GSP and Fitch.

He took Fitch to a draw, that is fair and a good point. He ko'd Hughes who is still game. Those are good points, maybe I am being too critical of him. I do think Shields could give him trouble because he is a relentless takedown guy. His standup sucks but they will spend most of the fight tied up. Sure BJ could catch him and ko him but there is a great chance he doesn't. Shields has avoided getting caught his whole career.

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333 View Post
    Frankie Edgar probably has to cut 3-5 lbs to make 155 and he beat BJ twice.
    I remember reading a quote from him a while back where he said he walks around at about 160. But he also said that he was trying to put some more size on, so he may be bigger than that now.
    I heart cock

Wanderlei Silva is fighting Chris Leben on July 2 in Las Vegas

2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

wanderlei wins easy imo

He should, he's more skilled, but Leben could knock him out easily though. They're both wild as fuck and hit hard.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

Yeah I agree with that. I bet Wanderlei would be a big fav though.

Erik Koch and Cub Swanson To Try It Again at UFC 132 http://is.gd/vQo358
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

I'm not touching Leben/Wanderlei. This is going to be a full out barn burner where either guy could drop at any time. They both hit arguably as hard as anyone in history at 185 and while Wanderlei is much faster with his strikes he is not as durable as Leben. He may have to hit Chris 4-5 times to drop him whereas it may only take two plodding shots for Chris to drop him. On paper Wanderlei has the distinct advantage in speed and overall technique but we all know how some of that gets lost in the midst of a slugfest like they both enjoy.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

Yeah I agree with that. I think the advantage should really be big for Wande when it comes to speed/technique though. I'm sure he comes in as a big fav though. Most likely that is.

I don't know about that. I think he might come in at like -175 or something just because his chin is still a question mark anymore. Chris Leben is a whole different animal than Michael Bisping is, and I don't remember Wand being a huge favorite over Bisping. If I remember right he was around -200 or so.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

Yeah Bisping beat Leben pretty soundly. Wanderlei beat Bisping pretty soundly. That was a while ago though. I think Wand's striking is a lot better than Lebens but I am no expert. I think Lebens chin was affected in his last fight by being sick. I know we always hear shit like that but there could be some truth to it. I got the impression there was. Either way nobody's chin can take unlimited damage in a fight, wand can knock out a game Leben. Leben is a big haymaker thrower to. He should have a tough time with Wandy. But yeah, Wands chin is a little worn down, if Leben catches him it could be nighty night.

Luke. The OT is locked again, wtf is your problem dude.

LOL he's such an asshole
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit