Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Thiago Silva Submitted Sample 'Inconsistent with Human Urine,' says NSAC

Thiago Silva Submitted Sample 'Inconsistent with Human Urine,' says NSAC

The urine sample Thiago Silva submitted for testing prior to UFC 125 was "inconsistent with human urine," according to a complaint filed by the Nevada State Athletic Commission on Tuesday.

NSAC executive director Keith Kizer sent MMA Fighting an email outlining the factual allegations against Silva, who now stands accused of submitting "an adulterated and/or substituted specimen for testing for the Urinalysis" prior to his decision win over Brandon Vera in Las Vegas on January 1.

Reports first began to swirl about a failed drug test when Silva was pulled from the UFC 130 card in early February. He was originally slated to face Quinton "Rampage" Jackson in that event, but was later replaced by Matt Hamill.

At the time, all the NSAC would say was that Silva's was the lone urine sample from UFC 125 that was "still processing," though the UFC's decision to remove him from his next fight was thought to be a preemptive move in anticipation of a forthcoming suspension.

Vera, who was initially released from the UFC following the loss to Silva, was later reinstated after doubts about Silva's urine sample began to emerge.

On Tuesday Kizer told MMA Fighting that the test results were the same for both urine samples submitted by Silva for UFC 125, and that the sample was found to be inconsistent with human urine after analysis done by the Sports Medicine Research and Testing Laboratory.

Silva now has 20 days from the receipt of the complaint to file an appeal, Kizer said, but the NSAC will hold a hearing on a temporary suspension for the UFC light heavyweight on April 7, 2011.

Silva's management declined to comment on this report.

Lol did he get some horse piss and submit it ...............

Thiago Silva now joins list of current UFC fighters w/ failed drug tests: Leben, Marquardt, Sonnen, Bonnar, Belfort, & Alves
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

When I saw the thread title I cracked up.

I'm curious to know the backstory on this.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    When I saw the thread title I cracked up.

Made me laugh my ass off too
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

I guess there's just something about the phrase "inconsistent with human urine."
    I heart cock

I guess there's just something about the phrase "inconsistent with human urine."

I'll be honest, I laughed again when reading your post
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Probably training with Randleman now.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by BE
    Today Silva took to the UG and fessed up:

We make decisions every day of our lives. Some are good and some are bad. When you make abad decision, you can either make the situation worse by trying to cover it up or lie about it or just stick your head in the sand and refuse to acknowledge it even happened or you can own up to it with an honest explanation, accept the consequences of your actions, apologize to the people affected by it, learn from it and move on. I'm choosing the second option.

I used a urine adulterant when giving a sample following my fight with Brandon Vera. I did so in an attempt to alter the results of the test and knowingly broke the rules of the Nevada Athletic Commission. This was a terrible decision on my part for which I will be punished. I am prepared to accept this punishment, learn from it and move on. I apologize to the Commission, the UFC,Brandon Vera and the MMA fans.

I do want to explain the circumstances behind my actions. Please do not interpret this as an attempt to justify my actions. I know they were wrong and I know I made bad decisions and I know I deserve to be punished. That is why I began my statement with an admission and an apology before going into these details. This is not an excuse, only an explanation.

I had been tested on five prior occasions while fighting for the UFC before the Brandon Vera fight. Four of the tests were urine only and one included a blood sample as well in New Jersey the day before the fight. I passed each of those tests. I suffered a severe back injury shortly before theRashad Evans fight. It was the biggest fight of my career and there was no way I was going to pull out of it. I fought and lost and was out of action for a year rehabilitating the injury and getting ready to fight again.

I reinjured my back 45 days before the fight with Brandon Vera. After not fighting for a year, I made the decision to not pull out of the fight. I also decided that the only way I could continue with the fight was to take injections in my back and spine that contained substances prohibited by the Nevada Athletic Commission. I also made the decision to use a product to hide the presence of these substances in a urine test.

These decisions were mine and mine alone. I did not share this information with anyone prior to the fight for fear that I wouldnot be allowed to fight. I obviously made a terrible decision. I have since learned that it may have even been possible to fight had I been open and honest and disclosed the injury and treatment prior to the fight. I also realize that not being allowed to fight as a result of the treatment would have been a better result than the mess into which I have now gotten myself.

Again, I take full responsibility for making the decision to break the rules and try to cheat the system. I will accept the punishment I receive and will learn from this. I plan to come back as a better person and professional as a result."

If Silva is telling the truth, and I have no reason to doubt him, this is another example of the rules distorting the game. The purpose of performance enhancing drug testing is to prevent athletes from gaining an unfair and dangerous advantage by using drugs to improve their performance. In this case Silva's misunderstanding of the PED testing regime simply became a barrier between a fighter and needed health care.
    I support the confession. Quality PR work there...

Quote Originally Posted by BillyPilgrim View Post

I support the confession. Quality PR work there...
    I agree. He will probably score some points with the commission for doing that.

That's a straight up 10-lawyers-worked-on-this-shit-to-get-it-just-right kind of confession.
    I heart cock

That's a straight up 10-lawyers-worked-on-this-shit-to-get-it-just-right kind of confession.
    LOL, no fuckin way Thiago wrote that shit.

^of course not. Thiago probably can't even read that shit.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyPilgrim View Post
    ^of course not. Thiago probably can't even read that shit.

Thiago probably cant even spell Silva
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Would've been a better story if he had instead confessed that he had ordered cheetah piss from Africa and had attempted to pass it off as his own.
    I heart cock

For some reason, I picture Machida in a white lab coat, taking a shotglass of B sample, swishing it around, and declaring, "Nope. Not real."

2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

hmmm so the fight has been changed to a nc. What happens to the peeps who lost money on Vera, i assume that ithe decision on the night counts unless it is automatically looked into

Yeah, you don't get a refund on your bets for overturned decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by bloydie View Post
    hmmm so the fight has been changed to a nc. What happens to the peeps who lost money on Vera, i assume that ithe decision on the night counts unless it is automatically looked into
    It stands. Results are never changed.

If they had to do that every time it happened it would be a huge clusterfuck, and people who WON money sure as hell wouldn't want to surrender it.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by bloydie View Post

never bet on Vera..............ever
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    never bet on Vera..............ever
    It worked out for me when he fought K-Sos.
    I heart cock

It worked out for me when he fought K-Sos.

you should bet on him everytime from now on...........you'll win millions
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP