Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: WrestleMania 27

I'm gonna be a pro wrestler. Just sayin

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333 View Post
    I'm gonna be a pro wrestler. Just sayin
    Oh yeah?

Do tell.
    I heart cock

Just kidding. I am too lazy to go to pro wrestling school but I think that shit would be fun.

Fun until you end up in the hospital.

With that said, I do think it would be cool to suplex people. When I was a kid I wanted to be a pro-wrestler.
    I heart cock

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PriD...eature=related

go to like 3 min. unfortunately he probably wont be alive in 2 years

Quote Originally Posted by Vandelay View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PriD...eature=related

go to like 3 min. unfortunately he probably wont be alive in 2 years

Fuck it. War Jeff Hardy!

I hope TNA gives him a reprieve and lets him back on the show.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333 View Post
    ^^I also agree. It's really annoying how people act like wrestling is not harmful at all to the wrestlers because it's scripted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MwZBINfWNE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgIkc...eature=related

^^^^^this one you posted was one of the last wrestling events I'd watched until tonight. I think that was back in 96 or 97
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Did the Midnight Rockers win?
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    I agree. I mean as "fake" as pro-wrestling is, it's really not. It's brutal. Far more brutal than MMA. The fact that there aren't multiple serious injuries/deaths a year surprises me.
    It IS fake. The "wrestlers" cannot actually wrestle or fight at all (unless it is incidental). I am sure it is dangerous, but so are cheerleading and gymnastics. I never understood the "it is not fake, people get hurt all the time" argument. Yes, the performers get hurt performing, but they are not competing, they are pretend fighting. I think cheerleading is actually the most dangerous sport, injury wise- and yet, they are not badasses.

Anyway, I used to watch it in the 80's when I was around 8 or 9. I have not even had a remote interest in it since that time. I did go to a WCW event when I was in college with a buddy. It was a good time, but only for comedy, not for actually enjoying the product in a non-ironic way.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyPilgrim View Post
    It IS fake. The "wrestlers" cannot actually wrestle or fight at all (unless it is incidental). I am sure it is dangerous, but so are cheerleading and gymnastics. I never understood the "it is not fake, people get hurt all the time" argument. Yes, the performers get hurt performing, but they are not competing, they are pretend fighting. I think cheerleading is actually the most dangerous sport, injury wise- and yet, they are not badasses.
    You know what the fuck I mean.

In a movie, if someone were to get thrown off the top of a 20ft steel cage then there would be wires, and a big inflated thing that the stunt people crash into, and all kinds of creative editing and shit to conceal the fact that no one actually got thrown off the top of a steel cage. But in wrestling they actually take the falls. For real. Even the ring, I've heard, is really not that forgiving. It's not like getting tossed onto a trampoline or anything.

Let me ask you this: What if you and I worked on a script for a film where you shoot me. And then you use an actual gun and really shoot my ass. The circumstances under which I got shot may have been manufactured, but I still got fucking shot, didn't I?

And, oh yeah, cheerleaders are awesome, as are gymnasts. I disagree that they are not bad ass, though of course it has nothing to do with fighting.
    I heart cock

Let me ask you this: What if you and I worked on a script for a film where you shoot me. And then you use an actual gun and really shoot my ass. The circumstances under which I got shot may have been manufactured, but I still got fucking shot, didn't I?
    Let me ask you this: If you are getting your ass whipped by a leather clad dominatrix, and you scream for more, did you or did you not get your ass whipped? I am not saying what they are doing is not dangerous or does not take some level of skill (though not that much because you see lay people like smoochie or whatever the fuck that fat gross bitch's name is doing it proficiently all the time). Point is that they are grown ass men pretend fighting in a ring. I just don't get the allure, except to the extent that it is hilarious and fun to be a drunken hillbilly rooting for one of the characters.

Let me ask you this: If you are getting your ass whipped by a leather clad dominatrix, and you scream for more, did you or did you not get your ass whipped? I am not saying what they are doing is not dangerous or does not take some level of skill (though not that much because you see lay people like smoochie or whatever the fuck that fat gross bitch's name is doing it proficiently all the time). Point is that they are grown ass men pretend fighting in a ring. I just don't get the allure, except to the extent that it is hilarious and fun to be a drunken hillbilly rooting for one of the characters.
    First off, as PP and I discussed earlier, Snooki may be kind of chubby and stupid as hell, but she's still kind of hot.

Second, I wouldn't say she "did it proficiently." The shit lasted like 90 seconds.

Third, I think it takes a hell of a lot of skill, especially to be a high level performer.

And last, I say you have to look at it like any other TV show. There's a plot, there are characters, and there is action that advances the story from one page of the script to the next. In that sense, it's really not any different from any other scripted show that's on TV today.
    Last edited by SPX; 04-04-2011 at 02:10 PM.
    I heart cock

First off, as PP and I discussed earlier, Snooki may be kind of chubby and stupid as hell, but she's still kind of hot.

Second, I wouldn't say she "did it proficiently." The shit lasted like 90 seconds.

Third, I think it takes a hell of a lot of skill, especially to be a high level performer.

And last, I say you have to look at it like any other TV show. There's a plot, there are characters, and there is action that advances the story from one page of the script to the next. In that sense, it's really not any different from any other scripted show that's on TV today.
    No accounting for taste, but I seriously find that chick to be disgusting in almost every imaginable way. I mean, yay for her she is on TV, but that does not make her attractive to me in any way. Would not hit unless the earth needed my sperm to repopulate the planet the earth into an inferior race of fat hairy overly tanned dwarfs. And even then, I would have to give serious contemplation to artificial insemination.

Wrestling: It does take some skill, but none of it actually correlates to actual fighting ability. But I think the skill required to do pretend fighting is purely acrobatic, and even then some of them are not very acrobatic. Not that it really matters, but I think the skill it takes to be a professional wrestler is much much lower than the skill required to be a professional athlete. I think there are a lot of people that could become high level professional wrestlers... I am sure if we got a group of 50 random dudes together, at least one of them would have the ability required to become a WWE star if given the opportunity to learn and train for a year (probably more than 1, but I am trying to be generous). Whereas, maybe 1/5000 could become professional athletes in an actual competitive sport.

I guess you can look at it like a really bad live show with really bad plot lines and really bad actors. But then, I would not understand how someone would have interest in that show either.

I am not knocking it, I just don't get it. If you all like it, great. I am really just probing for answers as to why you like it, just for my own edification.

I will watch the hell out of some celebrity boxing though. That there is quality television.

No accounting for taste, but I seriously find that chick to be disgusting in almost every imaginable way. I mean, yay for her she is on TV, but that does not make her attractive to me in any way. Would not hit unless the earth needed my sperm to repopulate the planet the earth into an inferior race of fat hairy overly tanned dwarfs. And even then, I would have to give serious contemplation to artificial insemination.
    Knowing that she's the the stupid Jersey Shore whore, I'm really not interested in her as a person. But if I met her on the street and she turned out to be a cool, sweet girl then I would think she was adorable. And I'd really like to bury my face in her tits.

Wrestling: It does take some skill, but none of it actually correlates to actual fighting ability. But I think the skill required to do pretend fighting is purely acrobatic, and even then some of them are not very acrobatic. Not that it really matters, but I think the skill it takes to be a professional wrestler is much much lower than the skill required to be a professional athlete. I think there are a lot of people that could become high level professional wrestlers... I am sure if we got a group of 50 random dudes together, at least one of them would have the ability required to become a WWE star if given the opportunity to learn and train for a year (probably more than 1, but I am trying to be generous). Whereas, maybe 1/5000 could become professional athletes in an actual competitive sport.
    You see, here's where I see you getting hung up: You keep wanting to equate it to "real fighting." These people are performers. They're actors. And some of them are great athletes. But of course they're not "real fighters" any more than Jackie Chan or Jet Li are. (Not to say that Chan or Li or are not real martial artists, but their martial arts are clearly directed toward a different end than actual combat.)

So you really have to get past that angle of whether or not these guys could become successful MMA fighters. I understand the thought, but it's almost irrelevant to the discussion. I mean, I really like the show Spartacus but I don't get pissed because in real life Andy Whitfield wouldn't be able to kill a bunch of gladiators in ancient Rome.

I guess you can look at it like a really bad live show with really bad plot lines and really bad actors. But then, I would not understand how someone would have interest in that show either.
    Touche. I can't explain the appeal. I can only say that there's something to it that I can't put my finger on.

I am not knocking it, I just don't get it. If you all like it, great. I am really just probing for answers as to why you like it, just for my own edification.
    Not sure if I explained this before, but the only reason I started watching the shit again recently was because I ran across the Brett Hart documentary "Wrestling with Shadows." I then watched "Beyond the Mat" and "The Rise and Fall of ECW."

Intrigued, and reminiscing about my childhood when I was a wrestling fan, I downloaded an episode of TNA and checked it out. I was kind of iffy about it, but the next week, I watched the next episode. And I've just kept going.

I think part of it has to do with reliving my childhood and part of it has to do with the fact that I honestly have gotten intrigued by storylines. I've gotten genuinely curious about what's going to happen next and I look forward to each Friday when I download the newest episode and check that shit out.
    I heart cock

I heart cock

Jim Cornette's officially awesome.

I heart cock

Knowing that she's the the stupid Jersey Shore whore, I'm really not interested in her as a person. But if I met her on the street and she turned out to be a cool, sweet girl then I would think she was adorable. And I'd really like to bury my face in her tits.
    She does have a big rack... but most fat chicks do- has no relevance in a vacuum, need to see whole package. I have seen her done up on some commercials with ours of makeup and airbrushing and she still doesn't look attractive to me. Being mildy hittable after professional makeup and trainers is the real life equivalent of a 2 or 3. Her face looks like someone smashed her with a frying pan.

Quote Originally Posted by SPX
    You see, here's where I see you getting hung up: You keep wanting to equate it to "real fighting." These people are performers. They're actors. And some of them are great athletes. But of course they're not "real fighters" any more than Jackie Chan or Jet Li are. (Not to say that Chan or Li or are not real martial artists, but their martial arts are clearly directed toward a different end than actual combat.)
    No i get that, but the shit they do is meant to look realistic. If we are going into the fantasy world, there is much cooler shit out there to watch. For example, Jet Li or Jakie Chan... I mean, I would rather watch some dudes do fake kung fu or fake sword fighting. At least there is no frame of reference for reality to ruin it. There you go, start a weapons league with all the drama of WWE, but make it like gladiators to the death. I would watch that.

Quote Originally Posted by SPX
    Not sure if I explained this before, but the only reason I started watching the shit again recently was because I ran across the Brett Hart documentary "Wrestling with Shadows." I then watched "Beyond the Mat" and "The Rise and Fall of ECW."

Intrigued, and reminiscing about my childhood when I was a wrestling fan, I downloaded an episode of TNA and checked it out. I was kind of iffy about it, but the next week, I watched the next episode. And I've just kept going.

I think part of it has to do with reliving my childhood and part of it has to do with the fact that I honestly have gotten intrigued by storylines. I've gotten genuinely curious about what's going to happen next and I look forward to each Friday when I download the newest episode and check that shit out.
    I can understand being interested in the actual person, like the Brett Hart documentary or the movie The Wrestler. Most of these guys are somewhat interesting and usually tragic. So that I get.

Anyway... like I said, I have some questionable interests myself, so I guess I understand having a weird interest in something that is pretty retarded to the outsider.

Side note, when I was in college I wrote an essay on the professional wrestling storylines and how it parallels Shakespeare. The live stage, the dramatic and soap operatic plot lines, the willing suspension of disbelief, etc. This was after I went to see a WCW show with a buddy. So I get it to some extent... just not very much.