Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MFC 29

MFC 29

"He was really disrespectful. I came up, I'm a professional and he just started talking smack. I got up there and he said, 'I'm gonna knock you out. I trained too hard for this. This is my fight and I'm gonna take it away from you.' And I said, 'You've trained too hard for this? You've had three weeks to train for me. You're getting knocked out.' That's all I said back to him. He was a disrespectful punk, so I was gonna go out there and put on a show but now I'm just gonna go out there and knock this kid out."

-Marcus Davis

Davis is going to get napped.

Is his opponent any good?

I threw 1.25 to win 1 unit on douglas lima. He is a rangy fighter who is pretty solid on the ground. Good in the clinch too. Martin is pretty much a brawler who has a suspect gas tank and isn't the most skilled fighter. A five round fight definitely favors lima in my mind and martin will need ko him to win, which is definitely possible. I think the line is off in this one

I bet Lima last night too

I looked at that fight as well. The reason I did not bet it is that Ryan Ford was taking Lima down at will in their fight, and Martin is a wrestler. But more than that, Martin has never been submitted.

That said, I was in the wrong mindset, because I was thinking Lima as a larger favorite... at -115 he is probably worth a bet. Martin is pretty much a journeyman on the downside of his career. His chin is shot and he doesn't have the finishing skills to take out Lima (IMO). Lima is a prospect on the rise- he should be much faster on the feet and will have the reach advantage especially because he throws a lot of kicks. In 5 rounds, Lima will probably find a way to get him out of there. Martin's path to victory is through his wrestling, but he doesn't really use it that much anymore. And even if he tries it, Lima is crafty, he may catch a knee or something.

I might tag along here... or put together a wiseman special.

Martin a wrestler? I dont recall him ever taking someone down, but i dont remember alot of his fights. Lima likes to attempt guillotines when people try to take him down. I'm sure martins plan will be to knock him out on the feet tho. One thing i was worried about is i have really seen lima shoot on any1. he seems content to stand and trade unless a clinch is initiated.

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist View Post
    Davis is going to get napped.
    Davis was actually looking excellent against Stephens before the KO if you remember.
    I heart cock

Martin used to be a takedown machine, back when he used to win on a regular basis. He was trying to lay on James Irvin for 3 rounds when he caught that highlight knee knockout. He was HS wrestler, nothing big. Either way, he has good takedowns and top control when he uses it. But he doesn't use it very much anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    Davis was actually looking excellent against Stephens before the KO if you remember.
    No i remember... I was just saying that since Davis decided to join in the shit talking, he will probably get beat... I don't even know who is opponent is. He is a 3.5:1 favorite though... so his opponent can't be that special

I don't know a whole lot about Zak Cummings, but I see he's 12-2 and one of his two losses was to Tim Kennedy. (The other was to a guy named Elvis, which may be worth noting.) Anyone know why Jimmo is such a huge favorite?
    I heart cock

Because he has the word "cum" in his last name and that's fucking gay

I think it is because Jimmo has an even more impressive record of 14-1 with his only loss being his first fight. He has also beaten a much more credible cast of opponents. Cummings is basically a wrestler whose wrestling is not that good (IMO). Jimmo should win easy.

Douglas Lima 1.5u to win 1.31u

Didn't see a seperate thread for bets?

Jimmo is a pan american Karate medalist BTW. He had a close fight with Marvin Eastman as well.

Nicely done spratt

I like francas walkout song