Thread: Strikeforce Diaz vs Daley Betting Results

Quote Originally Posted by IWS Zak View Post
    I need:

Vandelay
    poopoo333
    SPX
    edman5555
    High5

to tell me how much your parlay wins with gegard paid out. Thanks.
    Yeah, sooooooooooo, anyway..........

I still need Vandalay and Edman to chime in here.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

it was around 92 all together. So i won 92 off parlays, lost the 75 daley bet, lost 16 on saad awad and lost 5 on a big parlay. ended up down like 4 bucks after the event

Quote Originally Posted by Vandelay View Post
    it was around 92 all together. So i won 92 off parlays, lost the 75 daley bet, lost 16 on saad awad and lost 5 on a big parlay. ended up down like 4 bucks after the event
    What did this pay out?
    Vandelay 1-0 +?
    W mousasi, askren, hieron, not daley by sub, not beerbohm by sub 1u to win .96

62 dollars I believe.

I am at work right now. I can't access my accounts. When I get home I will get the numbers for you. Sorry about the wait.

Quote Originally Posted by edman5555 View Post
    I am at work right now. I can't access my accounts. When I get home I will get the numbers for you. Sorry about the wait.
    No problem playa.

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333 View Post
    How do you suggest this?
    entrepreneurship

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    I'm not sure I agree wholeheartedly with your rant.

I regret spending 2 years and $25K going to computer school, but I will admit I learned more and understand the shit better than I would if I had just bought a bunch of tech books and tried to teach myself. The same is true today for journalism.

There really is value in, if nothing else, having an experienced instructor to answer your questions and guide you through the minefield of learning something new.
    My point is that if you knew you wanted to be a journalist, you could spend those 4 years working for a publication. Experienced people would answer your questions for free, and you would actually get paid to learn the job... you will learn more, you will get actual usable experience, you will make important business contacts, AND you will get paid (not pay them).

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333 View Post
    This is probably going to be my major as well.
    You don't know what you want to do... that is part of my point. A couple of weeks ago you wanted to be in the FBI and were thinking about law school. So you go to college, you pick from the list of 30 majors and you're off to make a living... you (not you specifically, the general "you"- college kids) think, well this seems like a stable career, summers off, low stress, union... I will be a teacher, it doesn't sound totally shitty. Then you get out of school, realize that there all the possible ways to make money in the world do not revolve around your college major, you realize that no matter how awesome a teacher you are, you are never ever going to own the school or make any money and there might be something else out there... but now its too late, it is hard to give up that steady paycheck and now you have a family that relies on your income, so you stay there... you become the fat history teacher that peers down the tops of sophmores, you chill with all the teachers in the teacher's lounge and bitch about whatever... but hey, you didn't know what else to do, and teaching seems ok...

college ruined your life.

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist View Post
    My point is that if you knew you wanted to be a journalist, you could spend those 4 years working for a publication. Experienced people would answer your questions for free, and you would actually get paid to learn the job... you will learn more, you will get actual usable experience, you will make important business contacts, AND you will get paid (not pay them).
    Sure, but as Vandelay said, it would be difficult to not get on without a degree, or at least being in school at the time OR having prior experience.

This apprenticeship-type experience you're suggesting sounds good, but unless you're a blacksmith, I don't think a lot of people do that anymore.
    I heart cock

Sure, but as Vandelay said, it would be difficult to not get on without a degree, or at least being in school at the time OR having prior experience.

This apprenticeship-type experience you're suggesting sounds good, but unless you're a blacksmith, I don't think a lot of people do that anymore.
    right- it is a racket. That is what I am saying. i understand it has to be done for certain jobs that you think you might want... but it is just a big fat cash grab and is totally unnecessary. Then you don't get to find out if you actually like that job until after you spend the money and time. Racket.

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist View Post
    right- it is a racket. That is what I am saying. i understand it has to be done for certain jobs that you think you might want... but it is just a big fat cash grab and is totally unnecessary. Then you don't get to find out if you actually like that job until after you spend the money and time. Racket.
    the "you don't get to find out if you actually like that job" part is dead on. That's exactly how I feel about computer work. I guess in some ways I'm thankful that I've at least had some skills doing something that I don't 100% hate that have helped me to pay my bills and shit over the past decade, but I really never have enjoyed the shit and it's never been particularly fulfilling. Getting out of it and switching over to some other shit is a lot of money and work, which sucks.

I will say though that I actually kind of like school. It breaks up the monotony of my days and I do actually get to learn some shit. I think that even after I'm "done" with school that I'll probably still take a class or two in some shit that I'm interested in.
    I heart cock

I have no problem with taking classes in general. I used to teach college courses myself and I like to think I had some impact on some student somewhere. But in reality, I know I tought them nothing- I graded them for the abilities they already had.

I liked school too, you get to hang out with a bunch of 20 year olds and do nothing all day but mess around and play frisbee. It is awesome... but I don't try to pretend like I know more than someone that didn't go to college. The only thing I will say is that it forces you to take in information that you otherwise would not pursue. Had it not been for college, I would not have read Homer (well I read the Cliff's notes anyway). But had I wanted to, I could have learned it by reading a few articles... I just wouldn't have done it. So from that standpoint, yeah, you learn some shit you don't care to learn and I GUESS you are a more rounded person for it... so that is the value. But it is still a rip off.

I am raising my kids to be entrepreneurs. They will probably go to college, but not so they can earn a crack at some shitty job making some other guy rich.

the "you don't get to find out if you actually like that job" part is dead on. That's exactly how I feel about computer work. I guess in some ways I'm thankful that I've at least had some skills doing something that I don't 100% hate that have helped me to pay my bills and shit over the past decade, but I really never have enjoyed the shit and it's never been particularly fulfilling. Getting out of it and switching over to some other shit is a lot of money and work, which sucks.
    I have a friend who was a chemistry and mechanical engineering major at Purdue (a top engineering program). She got out, worked 2 years and quit and went back for a teaching degree (which she will probably hate also)... like you, she just didn't see the value in what she was doing... it just seemed like a job doing some shit to her... she, being a chick, wanted to do something with her life other than plug this number into that number and see if the thinhy goes zoom.

So I can get that. I went to law school basically on a whim. I didn't know what I wanted to do... I still don't. I sure as hell don't have any passion for law stuff. I like the business side of it, I like building and expanding and global domination... but I really don't give 2 shits about law stuff.

I consider going to nursing school. I am into health related stuff, I read about it a lot. It also can pay and has many diff areas to go into. Nursing school would help me meet a lot of women as well. But then I would be a nurse and I would constantly get made fun of.

I consider going to nursing school. I am into health related stuff, I read about it a lot. It also can pay and has many diff areas to go into. Nursing school would help me meet a lot of women as well. But then I would be a nurse and I would constantly get made fun of.
    Murse.

I guess I just have a different outlook on these things... why do you want to go to school so you can get a 9-5 job? It is going to suck. They all do. But aside from sucking, there is a cap on what you can accomplish. Am I the only person in here that thinks working a j-o-b is just the wrong goal to have?

Dont ever give a shit what a bunch of douchebags say ,if you want to go to school for nursing go .
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Dont ever give a shit what a bunch of douchebags say ,if you want to go to school for nursing go .
    I certainly wouldn't let getting made fun of stop me...

that said...

Yeah I hear what your saying Scientist but on the other hand I need to pay bills as well.

^^^^who the f is that?
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP