Thread: Nick Diaz plans to box Vargas or Lacy later this year

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    And if Diaz wins?
    Obviously, Lacy was washed up.

Same argument the MMA guys used for Sylvia/Mercer

The internet is awesome.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist View Post
    Boxing fans are already trying to talk down Lacy's skills in case he loses... Lacey my not be a world champion, but cmon.

"Jeff Lacy is 33 years old and hasn't clearly won a fight since 2005. Since then he's been destroyed by Joe Calzaghe, dominated by a fading Jermain Taylor and a shot Roy Jones Jr., and has gotten past the likes of Peter Manfredo Jr., Vitali Tsypko, Otis Griffin and Epifanio Mendoza by the skin of his teeth. Those are third-rate contenders, and all of them had a solid argument for having deserved the duke over Lacy. He has not looked good in almost six years. Injuries have robbed him of his punching power and athleticism.

If you want to buy into this and believe that Jeff Lacy is still a serious contender, that's nice. I'm glad that you enjoyed using him on video games or whatever. But facts are facts, and to ignore what has been staring people in the face for half a decade-plus is foolish.

I'm not saying there's no reason to be interested in this. Considering that Nick Diaz is a novice boxer at best, this is a perfectly fair matchup for him to delve into professional boxing, if it does indeed actually happen. And I realize that fans of both or either sports are going to inevitably, in some circles, treat this like it truly matters. But this is Nick Diaz trying boxing against a guy whose name value is basically zero at this point, and whose skills in the ring are just plain gone. Nothing more, nothing less."
    I agree with this, actually.

It's a tough, yet potentially winnable fight for a guy like Nick Diaz. Whether he wins or loses doesn't say shit about the idiotic 'boxing vs mma' debate. It only informs about Nick Diaz and Jeff Lacy.

This is irrelevant anyway. No way this fight happens. Regardless of the logistics dealing with contract issues and whatnot, Nick wants to box because he thinks he'll make more money. Only the top top boxers make any money. Nick Diaz was guaranteed 175k to fight Paul Daley. Does he really think anyone is going to pay him more than that to fight Jeff Lacy? GTFO.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

Yeah I was thinking the same thing about the pay. How many people are going to pay to watch a Lacy Diaz PPV.

LOL Nick Diaz agrees to fight Lacy and suddenly Edmann555 and mmascientist think they know boxing
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist View Post
    Boxing fans are already trying to talk down Lacy's skills in case he loses... Lacey my not be a world champion, but cmon.

"Jeff Lacy is 33 years old and hasn't clearly won a fight since 2005. Since then he's been destroyed by Joe Calzaghe, dominated by a fading Jermain Taylor and a shot Roy Jones Jr., and has gotten past the likes of Peter Manfredo Jr., Vitali Tsypko, Otis Griffin and Epifanio Mendoza by the skin of his teeth. Those are third-rate contenders, and all of them had a solid argument for having deserved the duke over Lacy. He has not looked good in almost six years. Injuries have robbed him of his punching power and athleticism.

If you want to buy into this and believe that Jeff Lacy is still a serious contender, that's nice. I'm glad that you enjoyed using him on video games or whatever. But facts are facts, and to ignore what has been staring people in the face for half a decade-plus is foolish.

I'm not saying there's no reason to be interested in this. Considering that Nick Diaz is a novice boxer at best, this is a perfectly fair matchup for him to delve into professional boxing, if it does indeed actually happen. And I realize that fans of both or either sports are going to inevitably, in some circles, treat this like it truly matters. But this is Nick Diaz trying boxing against a guy whose name value is basically zero at this point, and whose skills in the ring are just plain gone. Nothing more, nothing less."

Not one single word of that is untrue.Lacy had never beat a top 10 fighter in his life. He just got dominated a few months ago by someone that has a 24-20 record .

This isnt Toney vs Couture .That would be like BJJ vs boxer match up where the BJJ fighter gets 3 months to train in boxing , Diaz has trained in boxing for 10 years

I need to go look at Lacys last couple fights because I havent seen him fight since in 3 years and he blew then
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    LOL Nick Diaz agrees to fight Lacy and suddenly Edmann555 and mmascientist think they know boxing
    LOL

Here's what I know about boxing: Tyson is the shit.
    I heart cock

I am an expert boxing analyst.

Read some shot on the UG that this might actually happen? Apparently Nick will make the 175k in his last fight, maybe slightly more, and Lacy is willing to accept less than a 50/50 split to get the deal done, and it will be on independent ppv.

If this is true then it really makes no sense to me, as I thought his motivation was money.

Maybe he sees this as a gateway fight. That is, if he wins this one, then he'll get another one and he can then demand a bigger purse.
    I heart cock

It is about money. Not from boxing though, from MMA. He thinks if Zuffa thinks he's willing to jump to Boxing they'll pay him more to keep him in MMA.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

Yeah, it seems like a publicity stunt/business posturing. Doing an indy PPV sounds like an awful idea and everyone would lose their ass.

Quote Originally Posted by zY| View Post
    Yeah, it seems like a publicity stunt/business posturing. Doing an indy PPV sounds like an awful idea and everyone would lose their ass.

For sure . They wouldnt get 50k people to buy that
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP