Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Strikeforce Challengers: Bowling vs Voelker III

OSP was a wrestler in high school. He went for takedowns in all 3 rounds against Humphrey and got them.

I dont remember that fight at all. Did he gas at all against humphrey?

Yeah he gassed. But so did Humphrey.

He is a great prospect. Really tall, good striker, good wrestler, young, and fights smart. Just needs to work on that cardio issue

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333 View Post
    I think Kaufman will be able to outstrike Carmouche, but I am not sure if Carmouche will be able to get Kaufman down. Kaufman is real strong in the clinch and I think a lot of this fight might end up being played out against the cage. SPX's girlfriend Roxanne Modafferi was able to get Kaufman down a couple times from that position but she was unable to do anything with it while they were on the ground. Carmouche doesn't have much off of her back from what I saw in the Jan Finney fight. Finney was able to get on top (after being taken down and controlled for a little bit) against Carmouche and she was able to close the round out there and might have actually stolen the round. But after that 1st round it was all Carmouche on top. It will depend on Kaufman's TDD and scrambling ability imo. She just seems so damn strong in the clinch, and Kaufman was considered the #1 135 lb before the Coenen fight. I think this will be a close fight but Kaufman will probably win. Carmouche's performance up until the triangle against Coenen was solid, but I think that was a pretty favorable match up for her, Coenen does not seem to have the best TDD at all. I'd bet Kaufman up to -175ish.

Bobby Voekler vs Roger Bowling should be another good fight. I think Bowling will win though. Bowling was beating Voekler pretty soundly until that 3rd round/eye poke in the first fight. Bowling looked like a completely different fighter in their 2nd fight, and I am pretty sure that fractured leg/foot had to play a huge factor in that 2nd fight. I think Bowling will land the more powerful shots and mix in some takedowns and beat up on Voekler. I'd actually bet Bowling up to -200ish.

I agree with all of the above.

Carmouche is going to have a hell of a time getting Kaufman down. In fact, I'm not sure if she'll even be able to do it at all. Miesha Tate was barely able to land takedowns on Kaufman and was stuffed 90% of the time when they fought. And on the feet, Kaufman should light Carmouche up. Kaufman's boxing is VERY solid. She's one of the P4P best stand-up female fighters in the world, maybe even second only to Cyborg.

And yes, after careful research and considering, I also think that as long as he's healthy and doesn't break any shit during the fight Bowling should definitely win. I hope we get a line around -200 or better. Considering Bowling was like -600 (literally) at some books for both of his previous fights, though, I have a feeling he might open around -350 or so.
    I heart cock

well just saw the last two bowling/voelker fights. I'm staying far away from it. It's rockem sockem robots until bowling feels like shooting for the takedown. too many wildcards for me to bet it.

I think it's about time for some fucking lines.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    I think it's about time for some fucking lines.
    Challengers lines usually come out Tuesday or Wednesday, would be cool if they came out today though. I really hope the Saffiediene and Woodley lines come out for the Hendo/Fedor card this week, I'll be gone all week next week and probably won't be able to place a bet. I might be able to get to an internet cafe in Mexico or Honduras or something BOL

Didn't you say you''ll be on a cruise? Surely there will be some kind of Internet access on that bitch.
    I heart cock

The internet access is like 20 dollars for 5 minutes or so....seriously.

If that's true, that's gay.

I'd still probably pay it to place my bets real quick, though.
    I heart cock

On Bookmaker:

Bowling -240, Voekler +190

Kaufman -280, Carmouche +220

On Bookmaker:

Bowling -240, Voekler +190

Kaufman -280, Carmouche +220

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    I hope we get a good line on Kaufman. -150 would be awesome and it might be possible considering Carmouche lasted longer with Coenen than Kaufman did.
    BOL, I was thinking we would get something around there. Guess not.

Fucking SWEET.

Just took Bowling for 2.5u.

I think Kaufman is good for it too, but do you guys think money will come in on Carmouche?
    I heart cock

I bet Bowling too, 2.4u @-240.

I think Kaufman will win but I am not going to pay -280. I doubt Kaufman's line drops below -250. Carmouche may even have the value here, womens MMA is crazy.

3u on Kaufman at -270.
    I heart cock

^^^P.I.M.P

I'm not going to post the bad boys picture though.

I really think Kaufman takes it, mostly because she will terrorize Carmouche on the feet and I think her TDD will be more than enough to keep it standing most--if not all--of the time.
    I heart cock

Yeah, I may be overrating Carmouche's takedowns. Coenen's biggest weakness is her TDD along with her scrambles, I think that was just a favorable match up for Carmouche. I also think Tate is going to grind out Coenen without getting subbed. I actually think Tate should be the slight favorite.