Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst ... 23456712 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 136

The fact that Maynard blew his knee out is what makes Me more confident. He didn't have a lot of success taking Edgar down in the last fight while Edgar took him down a few times, if his knee isn't as strong now as it was then his shot suffers. Without a shot his chances of winning drop even more.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

I'm not sure about the severity of Maynard's knee injury. He refers to his surgery as a "minor scope". Frankie Edgar had bulging discs in his back and broken ribs

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    Lauzon can't stand with Guillard and Guillard's TDD should be enough to keep this on the feet.

I'll take Guillard up to -300.
    I'll be on Guillard by TKO. Sorry but I think he is going to eat that kid up alive.

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333 View Post
    I'm not sure about the severity of Maynard's knee injury. He refers to his surgery as a "minor scope". Frankie Edgar had bulging discs in his back and broken ribs
    A bulging disk is a worse injury than a minor scope imo, backs fck up everything training wise
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

My question is when did Maynard's and Edgar's injuries occur?

Did Maynard have a bad knee going into the last fight ,did it happen because of the fight, or did it happen in training?

I've heard Edgar has had back problems for a while
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Lauzon is very aggressive with his takedowns and sub attempts, he could definatly catch him, that said, odds permitting, ill bet both, Guillard TKO/KO AND Lauzon sub

i think lauzon will have trouble taking down guillard. a lot of trouble. I dont think he is a phenom wrestler and even if he gets him down it isn't insta sub. I think Guillard will be able to throw him off of himself. On the feet, its murder.

joe does have some nice sub wins though. He is crafty.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    My question is when did Maynard's and Edgar's injuries occur?

Did Maynard have a bad knee going into the last fight ,did it happen because of the fight, or did it happen in training?

I've heard Edgar has had back problems for a while

"[It was] just some old stuff that I've been kind of going through for the last couple camps," Maynard said. "I was like, well, this is for a title so I got to push through it. ...Then Edgar pulled out and it was an opportunity to heal up, and I took that opportunity."
    UFC lightweight champion Frankie Edgar has begun treatment for a back injury with what could be a series of shots to address the problem. On Monday's edition of The MMA Hour, Edgar said that the injury that forced him out of his scheduled UFC 130 title defense against Gray Maynard was due to an extreme flare-up of an existing problem.

Earlier Monday, he had an epidural injection to address the pain. It will take up to four days to determine whether it worked. According to Edgar, the ultimate solution is something more invasive, but his doctors are trying to stem the pain and delay what might be inevitable.

"I think eventually I'm going to need surgery," said Edgar, who also suffered a rib injury in training. "Hopefully these shots will slow down the process and give me a couple more years without having to do the surgery."

The shots may prove an effective temporary solution, but if they don't work, he could have another round of shots that will go directly into his nerves.

Edgar said his back issues go back to his past, and that he had surgery 11 years ago. Since then, he occasionally suffered small flare-ups that would knock him out of the gym for a day or two, but about 3-4 weeks ago, he was hit with another flare-up that he quickly realized was far more severe.

He was in such pain that he could barely walk around.

It soon became clear that he would not be able to fight, a disappointment after going through a big portion of his camp.
    So besides Edgar's broken ribs, both injuries have been existing awhile. I didn't think Maynard's knee was anything serious...I was sure I remembered reading about him just getting his knee fixed since Edgar was out anyways.

I'll be all over the fight to not go the distance.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandelay View Post
    I'll be all over the fight to not go the distance.
    Any particular reason why?

The fact that lauzon rarely goes to decision, guillard has power in his hands, lauzon should finish if he gets guillard down, lauzon can knock out guillard. All signs just point to finish.

Oh, I thought you were talking about Maynard/Edgar 3. Thats why I asked because it was a weird fight to be that confident on the "inside the distance" prop on. I gotcha now.

nope. I think a finish can happen in the edgar maynard fight, but unlikely. definitely not worth the -300 or higher line that it will be to go 5 rds. I do happen to be in the minority and think maynard will win.

Anthony Pettis/Jeremy Stephens added

That will be an interesting fight. I'll be on Pettis if the odds are good.
    I heart cock

So besides Edgar's broken ribs, both injuries have been existing awhile. I didn't think Maynard's knee was anything serious...I was sure I remembered reading about him just getting his knee fixed since Edgar was out anyways.
    Good stuff to know, thanks poopoo
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

What do you guys think the Florian/Aldo line will be? I'm not sure what to think of this fight to be honest

What do you guys think the Florian/Aldo line will be? I'm not sure what to think of this fight to be honest
    -350 to -375
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP