Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pro Elite makes Deal with Showtime and CBS

It looks like this company is gearing up for something solid.. They hired Rich Chou, former Strikeforce matchmaker. They also have Gary Shaw, he was/is a boxing promoter. The guy that is the head, T.J. something or whatever, is the former head of ICON sport. These guys have done shows before. IF Viacom really owns a large part of this company, they might have intentions for it. I don't know though, in one place I read that the company that bought Pro Elite got 95 percent of the shares. In other places I read that Viacom has 11 million of the shares. It is hard to tell. Regardless, these are the guys that also tried to buy STrikeforce a while back via ProElite. They made a 40 million dollar offer apparently. It seems to me like a gamble, but maybe a really good one. More than +1000 if it pays off. Closer to +30000.

Just looking at the chart and the news releases, they look like they are planning on getting back into the fold. They also own Cage Rage. I don't know if they can get back to $20 per share. They had Kimbo before right and he was carrying that thing... maybe they can get Hershel Walker after Zuffa drops him. Although Overeem is the new Fedor, so, they might be able to get a big time fight if they can get Overeem.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Yes they are def planning something. Hard to tell what though. They have experienced guys and it sounds like they have cash. The two most important factors IMO.

My question is this. I read that Stratus group bought 95 percent of the shares. I also read that Viacom owns 20 percent of the shares. 95+20 = 115. WTF.

I have to wait until frickin friday until my Etrade account money transfer completes intself.

That cannot be true, unless one bought first and the second bought some of those shares from the first. It really doesn't matter to you though. There are 55 million shares, and 35 million floating shares- there has been no insider activity in the last several months. That means that no one who runs the company has been purchasing or selling.

Nothing is going to change before Friday.

One thing I shoudl warn you about trading OTC stocks (pink sheets). There is not always a buyer out there at your price. With stocks on the indices, you press sell and it is sold within seconds. That is not necessarily true for OTC stocks. So when you go to sell, you might get partially filled at one price and then partially filled at another price or it ma just sit there for a while.
    Last edited by MMA_scientist; 08-09-2011 at 01:49 PM.

Also. If the price is at 48 cents(current) can you ask a lesser amount? That is the impression that I get. I saw todays trades and it spiked down to 37 cents at one point. I am thinking about putting in an order request to buy X amount of shares at 40 cents or something like that. See what happens.

Put a limit order for the day(or good til cancelled) for whatever price you want. Just DO NOT invest more than you are willing to lose. this thing can drop back to 3 pennies in a week.

Yeah, you can ask for a lesser amount. Right now the bid is .37 and the ask is still .48. That probably means that it got partially filled at .37. Most of the time, it doesn't work, but it can. I have tried it many times and I have never been able to get a better price. I don't trade OTC stocks though, so it may be more common with those stocks where the total volume is lower.

Just put an order in for .38 to .40. And depending on the volume, you may get lucky(or unlucky) and get filled. I have a feeling you may be able to pick up a couple thousand shares at that price.

The fact that we are looking at 7700 shares as the volume is scary.

hhh
    ProElite 2.0, as Vice President of Fight Operations T.Jay Thompson likes to call it, is set to get back on track on Aug. 27 in Hawaii. The organization is looking to reinvent itself after crumbling in 2008 following Kimbo Slice's loss to Seth Petruzelli in Florida.

So with its first show in almost three years less than three weeks away, here are some news and notes about MMA's newest -- or not so new depending on how you view them -- kid on the block.

* Thompson vehemently denied a Cage Potato report that the organization was close to signing a TV deal with Viacom to broadcast its events on CBS and Showtime in the near future.

"There is absolutely no truth to the report that we are close to a deal with CBS and Showtime," he said.

Thompson said they are talking to "everyone" in the TV world but stopped short at saying who was the frontrunner. The organization's Aug. 27 show will stream live on Sherdog.com, but Thompson hopes he will have a TV deal in place by the promotion's second show.

* Speaking of its second show, Thompson said "early November" in Atlantic City, N.J., is when ProElite's sophomore event will take place. No specific date or location has been finalized yet.

* One of the main attractions scheduled for the event will be the start of a heavyweight grand prix. But before you roll your eyes at the idea of another heavyweight GP, Thompson says this one will feature mostly "unknown" big men from around the world. Andrei Arlovski and Mark Ellis, who are scheduled to fight in different bouts in Hawaii, could be a part of it if they win their debut fights.

"It will outperform whatever people are expecting," he said. "I'm very excited about that."

* Ticket sales for the Aug. 27 event at the Neal S. Blaisdell Center in Honolulu, HI, have been "strong," according to Thompson. The long-time promoter says he expects to sell at least 5,000 tickets to the event. A sellout would be approximately 7,800 fans.

* When asked about the recent Golden Glory free agents, Thompson said he was "very interested" in having Marloes Coenen fight on the November show. And while he admitted that Alistair Overeem is probably out of his price range, he said Jon Olav Einemo could be the perfect fit for the aforementioned GP. According to Thompson, the lines of communication between himself and Golden Glory head trainer Martijn de Jong, who fought for Thompson in 2002, have just been opened. He sounded very excited at the prospect of signing Coenen.

* Don't expect any title fights in ProElite any time soon.

"I hate when events do world championship fights with no world championship fighters," he said.

That's not to say Thompson is down on the quality of his fighters, but he explained that he needs to build the fighters first before putting them in title fights. And if you followed Thompson back when he was promoting SuperBrawl and ICON Sport, you'll recall that title fights in those promotions were scarce.

^ Yeah, Apple is huge. But they keep doing shit to reinvent themselves. I usually don't buy Mega-cap companies, just because there is never any value, because they are super analysed. But with the market uncertainty, I wanted some stability... but Apple can still grow a lot. Apple and Visa are the only two large caps I own. I am a small cap guy. I believe in the small caps.

I sold an APPL 340 put yesterday(aug. 12 exp.) for 2.50(250 bucks). It is now a buck(I could sell for a 150 dollar profit), but as long as APPL stays above 340 this week I pocket the entire 250.00. if it drops below 340, I buy it for 340. Since I would not mind owning 100 shares of APPL, i look at it as a win-win. The only thing that sucks is that we are talking 34K to buy 100 shares of APPL.

Make that 80 cents for that put.

How has the last week or so treated you guys invested in the stock market?

Scientist, you are spot on with AAPL. While other compnies are doing the same thing over and over. Or worse yet, trying to copy APPL products. APPL is continually on the cutting edge and pushing themselves. The only drawbacks I could see for APPL are 1. A complete Global meltdown(atually poss. IMO) or 2. Jobs dies.

Quote Originally Posted by sideloaded View Post
    How has the last week or so treated you guys invested in the stock market?
    I am down at least 20%.

I was, and am, in the process of restructuring my portfolio. I recently bought VZ(Verizon) KO(Coke), and XOM(Exxon). Really can not take another 20% hit like this.

I am down more than that, probably 25% or so. Because mostly I own small caps, they are more volatile, they go down more (but they also go up more).

But I am buying right now too. When the market turns quickly like it has all I do double down on companies I know are good. That is what I did with Apple and Visa.

In other times I generally try to buy small value companies. I don't trade a lot, I generally keep 20-30 stocks and turn them over once per year at 6 month intervals.