Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920

Thread: UFC 141 Ubereem vs Brock 12/30

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    JDS should be very moble and I look for him to hit Reem with very accurate strikes and win in. The 2nd or 3rd round after Overeem is winded. How I see it. GL
    I am not convinced he will be winded by the 2nd or 3rd round...

Overeem isn't the man to dethrone JDS.
    I heart cock

Post event thoughts (for poopoo):

- I really called the Brock fight incorrectly. I bought the hype that hwas all healed up and I thought he was going to be motivated. It was obvious from teh get go that he did not want to be in there. He really didn't even try to win the fight and then folded up the first chance he was given. Anyway, "back to wrestling..."

-Overeem is an interesting fight for JDS, and I think he could beat him. But I do think Cain will beat Overeem.

-Hendricks will probably beat GSP (as was foretold) with his Hendo/Serra style bombs and takedown defense and ability to scramble to his feet. The rumor is that Hendricks is going to have to fight Ellenberger after he beats Diego. That is a tough fight that could go either way. I like Hendricks a lot better in the underdog role.

-Diaz just flat out punked Cerrone out. I would have liked to see him clown him a little bit more though. I have gone from Diaz bros hater to midly warming to their shenanigans to full on fanhood.

-Hettes is fun to watch, but I think Rogan and Goldberg were getting a little carried away. I will probably be betting against him in his next fight, especially if he gets matched up with Yahya (because he will get wrecked on the gound).

No submissions on the card. I was sure there would be a submission somewhere on the card... given the fighters on the card, you would think someone would have pulled one out.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    Overeem isn't the man to dethrone JDS.

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist View Post
    Hettes is fun to watch, but I think Rogan and Goldberg were getting a little carried away. I will probably be betting against him in his next fight, especially if he gets matched up with Yahya (because he will get wrecked on the gound).

No submissions on the card. I was sure there would be a submission somewhere on the card... given the fighters on the card, you would think someone would have pulled one out.
    I had the same thought about Hettes. I think Nam Phan just kind of sucks.

I'm surprised you say that about submissions though. I really thought this card stood out as a good one for the no-subs prop. All the good submission guys were matched against guys who also had fairly good skills on the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Svino View Post
    I'm surprised you say that about submissions though. I really thought this card stood out as a good one for the no-subs prop. All the good submission guys were matched against guys who also had fairly good skills on the ground.
    yeah I guess, but still pretty much every guy on the card was a capable submissions guy. I just figured at least one of them would find a way. Usually when two guys are both willing to grapple, it is a little easier to get that sub.

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333 View Post

Makes me crack up every time. . .
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist View Post
    Usually when two guys are both willing to grapple, it is a little easier to get that sub.
    Yeah, that's why I was more worried about Volkmann / Escudero than any other fight on the card.

Quote Originally Posted by Svino View Post
    Yeah, that's why I was more worried about Volkmann / Escudero than any other fight on the card.
    That shit almost happened, too.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

I guess Volkmann is underrated. He is probably the most decorated wrestler in the division... I just never thought he was that good, but maybe he is.

He's pretty good. Good wrestling combined with good jj. He fought off that sub attempt when most people would have tapped. He even stated that his peripherals were starting to go black.