Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst ... 23 ... LastLast

Thread: ADCC 2011

Palhares is 100% confirmed. He will be there, really interested to see how he does.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

hopefully the odds come out tomorrow...

I am still skeptical that we will get odds. We won't get any until the brackets are released, which usually doesn't happen until the day before. The draw makes a huge difference in a tourney format. Just look at the SF tourney, I picked Barnett to win it even though I think he is the 5th best HW in that tourney, just because I knew he would at least be in the finals... whereas AO had to go through Werdum and Fedor/Silva just to get there. The best 4 guys were all on the same side of the bracket making it less likely that any one of them would survive (and surprise, none of them did).

So I am not making ant bets until I see the brackets. If you want to bet Palhares, if he has to go through Galvoa, Popovitch, Barral, and Moraes- it is pretty unlikely he would survive all of those, even if he was 75% to win any one of them individually. But if he gets an easy road to the finals, that makes it a lot easier to bet.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/9/22...ip-preview-bjj

decent read... KJ Gould posts over in the grappling forum a lot... he is a catch fanatic and everything he says has to be taken with a grain of salt. Still, I think he did a pretty good job here.

brackets out:

This is the MMA thread. ADCC =/= MMA. Off-topic. Bannable offense.

Scientist, being a lawyer does not mean that you get special treatment.
    I heart cock

Palhares got the 1 seed huh?

Also, Marcello seems to have the easiest bracket.

-65.9 I have no idea why Rafael and Bruno are matched up in the first round, whoever wins that will probably win the division. That will be a fun division to watch though as Hall, Glover, Rubens Charles, and Moura are all crazy fun to watch. Hall got hosed on his draw, Yahya or Cobrinha (Charles) will probably make the final.

-76/9 That is set up for Marcelo and Calasans to rematch in the finals, and that is what will probably happen.

-87.9 Palhares got a very nice draw, a gift really, he could make the finals... he really only has to get by Lovato and Barral, who are good buy not as good as the other guys. The other side of the bracket is much tougher, with Galvao and Popovitch and Nelson all on that side. Galvao and Popovitch are probably #1 and #2 seeds.

-98.9 This one is set up for Xande and Rodolfo to meet in the finals, and that is probably what will happen.

+99 Werdum should make the final here... Vinny Magalhaes could suprise as he got an easy draw and he is coming from a lower (and better) weight class. Abreu could beat Werdum (or even Monson might have one last good performance in him), but Magalhaes has an easy path to the final. He just ahas ot get by Bastos.

For the superfights, I am going with Renzo and Jacare/Braulio is a great matchup, a guard player against a guard passer. Jacare will probably win on points.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandelay View Post
    Palhares got the 1 seed huh?

Also, Marcello seems to have the easiest bracket.
    It is not "seeded" in terms of 1,2,3... I am not sure how they do it tbh, but it isn't seeded the traditional way. I think they just try to make it interesting.

Disagree that Marcelo has the easist bracket... he has to fight Calasans in rd 1. Calasans beat him last time. I think Werdum has the easiest overall division.

I thought they did it where the #1 guy is the 1 seed and the #9 guy is the 2 seed. but you probably know better than I do. And is "Calasans" Davis Harts nickname?

nevermind. Ignore my last question

I asked the bookmaker oddsmaker if he was gonna give ADCC odds and he said " doubt it, busy MMA schedule as is...".

That fucking lazy bitch

lol. yea 4 events this weekend is alot. Poor timing from the adcc. try asking 5dimes mayb they will be the pioneer in this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandelay View Post
    I thought they did it where the #1 guy is the 1 seed and the #9 guy is the 2 seed. but you probably know better than I do. And is "Calasans" Davis Harts nickname?
    nevermind, i was getting marcelo/calasans confused with Mendes/Frazzato. Yeah, Marcelo did get an easy draw to the finals. He only has to beat Kron, which he will do.

As for the seeding, I really don't know, but just looking at the brackets, it cannot possibly be that way, but it does sort of look like it in every bracket except 67.9 and and 87.9... I don't know, maybe it is seeded like that. Every brackey has the favorite at the top except Palhares.

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333 View Post
    I asked the bookmaker oddsmaker if he was gonna give ADCC odds and he said " doubt it, busy MMA schedule as is...".

That fucking lazy bitch
    Put some yakuza pressure on 5D.

I told you there wouldn't be any lines, then you got me all excited thinking there were going to be lines. Don't fuck me.

everyone in here consider yourself negged again
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Did any of you guys asked if 5D are going to post lines?&

sounds like palhares injured one of his opponents after he subbed him and was forced to restart cause they said he was out of bounds

ADCC is awesome, the budovideos stream is very good. It is worth the price.

Palhares is dominating... he went a little long on a heelhook and almost got into a fight with Avellan. Palhares is fuckin crazy and likes to hurt people's knees.

Xande looks like he is super sharp, I think he wins the absolute. He chokes logarto unconscious.

Ryan hall faced a guy in space suit and yoda mask in rd 1.

Braulio beat Jacare on a back take.

Kyle Griffin is a D1 wrestler and brother Tyson Griffin. He pulled the biggest upset off in rd 1, but got triangled in Rd. 2 by lovato.

Werdum got an armbar on Monson and elimiinated him.

Marcelo spent like 20 seconds on the mat.

Palhares tapped Avellan twice, once in bounds and once out of bounds.

Rafael Dos Anjos replaced Rani Yahya, and got DQ'd in rd 1.

The semis are going to be awesome. I am really hoping to see Palhares get by Lovato tomorrow, he will face the winner of Galvao and Popovitch if he does... he is a lot bigger than both of those guys (they both fought at WW in MMA, and Popovitch is in a higher ADCC weight than last year). If Palhares can get by Lovato's guard, he is probably going to win, because both Popovitch and Galvao are mostly top players, and they ain't getting Palhares down.