Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 234 ... LastLast

Thread: Strikeforce December 17th

Quote Originally Posted by Vandelay View Post
    Nope, but he isnt a pillow puncher like bisping either. He beat a very good opponent in James Terry last time out, one that is probably a better striker than Wilcox is, by simply outworking him.
    james terry is a better striker than wilcox? he didnt look that good striking with fodor. he just back up the whole time. i think fodor gonna eat alot of punches in this fight with wilcox stay at distance, jumps in for 1 or 2 hits then get out b4 getting countered. wilcox is faster than fodor both in his hands and footwork. fodor seem like a tough guy to stop though.

Have you seen terry before his fight with Fodor? its just what fodor does, makes people play his game and makes them look bad. Not easy to set up counters when someone is constantly looking to tie up and is doggedly walking you down.

Hard fight to predict. Dave Herman could always gas out and get subbed. But Wilcox does not have the reach that Struve has.

Also not sure Fodor will lose the striking exchanges...he looked pretty sharp against Monson.

LOL @ Putin getting booed, that was funny. But Boy does Dave Herman gas quickly. Wilcox for sure has the cardio edge, but Struves subs are sick. Just ask Chuck Barry.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandelay View Post
    Have you seen terry before his fight with Fodor? its just what fodor does, makes people play his game and makes them look bad. Not easy to set up counters when someone is constantly looking to tie up and is doggedly walking you down.
    i have not seen any of james terrys fight besides the fodor fight. yeah fodor fights like chris leben with better defense minus the ko power. it will probably come down to wilcox being able to hurt fodor and stop his nonstop forward movement or will fodor catches up to wilcox and out work him. but even if wilcox slows down and let fodor get close to him, he can still takedown fodor. if fodor beats wilcox, ill be very impressed with him.

Really starting to think Masvidal has a strong shot at the upset. Looking at all his recent opposition. the only fighter I see even remotely similar is Thompson. And Thompsons standup seemed to give Gil problems. And i think masvidal has MUCH better striking than Josh. In fact, one could make a case that Gil has had some pretty favorable match ups.

Fodor has an impressive guillotine that he uses to reverse position. And i would liken fodor's stalking to nick diaz. Stalks while throwing good, effective strikes and constantly looking to tie up so the other guy is worried about that.

maybe he's more like Diego Sanchez; moving forward throwing arm punches and look to clinch hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by sbjj View Post
    Really starting to think Masvidal has a strong shot at the upset. Looking at all his recent opposition. the only fighter I see even remotely similar is Thompson. And Thompsons standup seemed to give Gil problems. And i think masvidal has MUCH better striking than Josh. In fact, one could make a case that Gil has had some pretty favorable match ups.
    Agreed... Melendez is overrated imo. He fought a close fight on the feet with Josh Thomson (who I don't think is too great), and sprawl and brawl'd that can Aoki. His best looking win to me was against Kawajiri. I don't get what warrants the discussions of him being a UFC LW champ.

Hard fight to predict. Dave Herman could always gas out and get subbed. But Wilcox does not have the reach that Struve has.

Also not sure Fodor will lose the striking exchanges...he looked pretty sharp against Monson.

LOL @ Putin getting booed, that was funny. But Boy does Dave Herman gas quickly. Wilcox for sure has the cardio edge, but Struves subs are sick. Just ask Chuck Barry.
    Old people suck at trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333 View Post
    Agreed... Melendez is overrated imo. He fought a close fight on the feet with Josh Thomson (who I don't think is too great), and sprawl and brawl'd that can Aoki. His best looking win to me was against Kawajiri. I don't get what warrants the discussions of him being a UFC LW champ.
    I like Masvidal but too chicken to put any money on him. Hope he wins though. I love watching him fight.

I think it is definitely closer than the line indicates. But Gil should have the takedown out. That is my concern with betting Masvidal. I expect Gil to come out looking to wow the UFC brass by coming out guns blazing. If he is getting tagged though, I am sure he will switch gears and try to wrestle his way to decision. But I do think Gil wants in the UFC badly, and he probably knows he has to be dominant in his wins... so he could come out and fight stupid. He has a Diaz-esque gas tank though, and I just don't think Masvidal can outgrapple him- he basically has to hope Gil fights dumb.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f2/geg...video-1930399/

I know it will probably never happen, but damn I would love that fight to happen, it would be much better than GSP/Silva. It would be an awesome fight and I would have to favor Mousasi

Luke and I were talking about this the other day.

I expect Gil to win, but his line is just too high for me to take. I think he should be -250 at the worst. I will be surprised if Mas wins, but not shocked.
    I heart cock

Yea, and a dude sitting @ -400 should basically be close to a lock.

agreed, definitely can't bet Gil. But I just don't think Masvidal can get it done.

Is it 3 or 5 rounds?

I think that favors Gil personally. He is very hard to finish and he sets a high pace. He will wear Masvidal down eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist View Post
    But I do think Gil wants in the UFC badly, and he probably knows he has to be dominant in his wins... so he could come out and fight stupid.
    Yeah, I hear he has really be campaigning for it. But I also hear that the UFC said they're going to leave him where he is for now since it looks like SF is going to continue to exist for a while.

Other rumors I heard. . .

1. Sean Sherk might be fighting in February.
    2. The UFC is going to get rid of the Gladiator intro in the near future.
    I heart cock

Yea, I think they are going to run SF kinda like WEC. Just focus on a few weight classes, and of course the women. I think they have a goldmine in the women. Gina has that movie coming out and I guess it is actually pretty good.

That Gladiator should have been gone long ago. Have it fight James Toney in a retirement match.

I'm cool with whatever as long as they keep the women. If the women lose Strikeforce, then they're really pretty much fucked. Bellator only has 115 and 125 and they really haven't been running a lot of women's fights lately so I don't think it's a priority for them. In Japan there's Jewel, but they pay peanuts over there.

Personally, I'd love it if someone were to start a major women's only MMA org. That would be awesome.
    I heart cock