Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 234 ... LastLast

Thread: Strikeforce December 17th

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    I'm cool with whatever as long as they keep the women. If the women lose Strikeforce, then they're really pretty much fucked. Bellator only has 115 and 125 and they really haven't been running a lot of women's fights lately so I don't think it's a priority for them. In Japan there's Jewel, but they pay peanuts over there.

Personally, I'd love it if someone were to start a major women's only MMA org. That would be awesome.
    It wouldn't get off the ground. Why do you think there are no womens boxing org's that we've ever heard of out there? I mean, there's foxy boxing but thats really only a truckstop kind of thing and not so much an organization as it is an idea.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

^^ agreed. Lingerie football league has lasted longer and gotten more TV time than any real women's football league. People just don't want to watch women do things they suck at. They only like Gina because she is hot. Aside from that, what are they going to do, have the same 4 women do a round robin every 6 months?

What I don't understand is why you like it so much X? Are you just being contrarian because everyone knows it sucks? Or do you genuinely like it?
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Quote Originally Posted by Ludo View Post
    It wouldn't get off the ground. Why do you think there are no womens boxing org's that we've ever heard of out there? I mean, there's foxy boxing but thats really only a truckstop kind of thing and not so much an organization as it is an idea.
    I think the MMA audience is fundamentally different from the boxing audience and that they're more open to new ideas and new directions for the sport.

But I do agree it would be a challenge. It would never get big like SF or even Bellator, but I feel like it could be profitable as long as whoever's running the ship is fiscally smart and a clever businessman, and I think it could find a home on a small cable network.

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist View Post
    Aside from that, what are they going to do, have the same 4 women do a round robin every 6 months?
    The more exposure women's MMA gets, the more girls are going to become aware of it and start training. And the more money that's available, the more talent the sport is going to attract. Look at Ronda Rousey. She's the only American to ever get an Olympic medal in Judo, and now she's in MMA. If an opportunity like SF wasn't out there, she probably would've chosen another career path.

It's just like the 125 lb. division. It will take some time to get it off the ground, but exposure + money will do it.

What I don't understand is why you like it so much X? Are you just being contrarian because everyone knows it sucks? Or do you genuinely like it?
    While I've seen some sloppy cat fights, unlike you, I don't feel that the best female fighters are unskilled or "suck." Kaufman is a good boxer with strong wrestling. Not good for a woman . . . but simply good. Tate is a good wrestler. Coenen is a weak wrestler, but a good submission fighter, as is Fujii. Frausto is a solid kickboxer. Cyborg is a muthafuckin' BEAST. Amanda Nunes, from what I've seen, is a vicious striker. Rousey, despite my initial skepticism, looks to potentially be the best female grappler ever.

I enjoy watching it because I think it's a nice change of pace from men's MMA. With the women, there's a whole other vibe.

I also just believe that people deserve a chance to do what they love to do for a living. Maybe not a lot of people give a fuck about the WNBA, but the revenue stream is strong enough to keep the organization going year after year. You think those bitches have to work second jobs to pay the rent? Of course not. So I think it's just retarded for a woman to not have the same opportunity in MMA simply because she's a woman. Bottom line is that they deserve their niche. You may not want to watch, but I do and I know there are others like me.
    Last edited by SPX; 12-16-2011 at 04:00 PM.
    I heart cock

I'm cool with whatever as long as they keep the women. If the women lose Strikeforce, then they're really pretty much fucked. Bellator only has 115 and 125 and they really haven't been running a lot of women's fights lately so I don't think it's a priority for them. In Japan there's Jewel, but they pay peanuts over there.

Personally, I'd love it if someone were to start a major women's only MMA org. That would be awesome.
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

While I've seen some sloppy cat fights, unlike you, I don't feel that the best female fighters are unskilled or "suck." Kaufman is a good boxer with strong wrestling. Not good for a woman . . . but simply good. Tate is a good wrestler. Coenen is a weak wrestler, but a good submission fighter, as is Fujii. Frausto is a solid kickboxer. Cyborg is a muthafuckin' BEAST. Amanda Nunes, from what I've seen, is a vicious striker. Rousey, despite my initial skepticism, looks to potentially be the best female grappler ever.

I enjoy watching it because I think it's a nice change of pace from men's MMA. With the women, there's a whole other vibe.

I also just believe that people deserve a chance to do what they love to do for a living. Maybe not a lot of people give a fuck about the WNBA, but the revenue stream is strong enough to keep the organization going year after year. You think those bitches have to work second jobs to pay the rent? Of course not. So I think it's just retarded for a woman to not have the same opportunity in MMA simply because she's a woman. Bottom line is that they deserve their niche. You may not want to watch, but I do and I know there are others like me.
    You realize that the WBNA loses money and that the NBA subsidizes them right? I think the best it has ever done is break even- and there are only like 10 teams. There is not a "real" market for it- it is NBA charity.

You think Tate is a good wrestler, like she could beat Uriah Faber? They weigh the same. She is a good wrestler- for a girl.

Men don't have the same opportunities as women in some areas- simply because there is no demand. Just like a man can't really be a successful Hooter's girl... if he wants to try, he has to compete with the women. I don't see how this is any different.

I have no problem if you like it- we all have our own tastes. I like things that no one else likes too. I just wondered WHY you liked it.

You realize that the WBNA loses money and that the NBA subsidizes them right? I think the best it has ever done is break even- and there are only like 10 teams. There is not a "real" market for it- it is NBA charity.
    Okay, fine. I confess I really don't know anything about the WNBA.

You think Tate is a good wrestler, like she could beat Uriah Faber? They weigh the same. She is a good wrestler- for a girl.
    Well Brian Bowles couldn't outwrestle Faber, but he's respected as a decent wrestler.

And size doesn't equal strength. I think that if you took a solid--but not great--bantamweight wrestler and reduced his strength level to that of Tate then she'd give him a good run for his money.

Men don't have the same opportunities as women in some areas- simply because there is no demand. Just like a man can't really be a successful Hooter's girl... if he wants to try, he has to compete with the women. I don't see how this is any different.
    You're not the boss of me.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. IWS View Post

BOL. Me either

Women,midgets,WEC,whatever...................if weighs below 170 lbs
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Y'all are some dicks.
    I heart cock

Hiroko Yamanaka

I heart cock

Well, looks like Masvidal went into the fight with a broken right hand. Sure would explain alot. Sucks to be him. And sucks to be Gil knowing a guy with one hand did that well against him.

Gil is overrated. And his head will be popped sooner than later IMO.

Damn, that sucks. I guess he just didn't want to pull out of the fight?
    I heart cock

Stupid. Why take that fight if you can't punch? I disagree with your assessment of Gil though, he wasn't too aggressive, but I don't think the fight was close at all. Gil dominated and won every rd with room to spare IMO.

I do agree that Gil would not be more than a fringe contender in the UFC though. He would have trouble with Miller/Bocek level talent IMO. He would not be able to beat Edgar/Bendo type guys.

So you agree or disagree that Gil is overrated because in one post you say you disagree with me. But also say he would only be a fringe contender. When I say he is overrated i do not say he sucks. I basically mean he is not #1 LW, and most likely not top 5.

As for the fight not being close. Of course, you had a guy with 2 good hands against a guy with 1 good hand.

I meant i disagree that Masvidal "did well" against him. I do agree that he is overrated.

I got ya. But I will tell you what, for a guy with one good hand I think he did pretty damn good. That is why I said "a guy with one hand did that well".

If the broken hand thing is true, then the fight basically told us nothing about either guy.

As for how well Gil would do in the UFC, I feel like it's really hard to say. I wouldn't be surprised to see him do as well as a lot of people expect, but I also wouldn't be surprised to see him be a bit disappointing.
    I heart cock

If the broken hand thing is true, then the fight basically told us nothing about either guy.

As for how well Gil would do in the UFC, I feel like it's really hard to say. I wouldn't be surprised to see him do as well as a lot of people expect, but I also wouldn't be surprised to see him be a bit disappointing.
    I think it shoewd that Masvidal could bust Gil up with one hand. Now just imagine if the right cross was there right after the jab. Because usually if your jab is landing so is your right cross.

I just don't think he does anything better than the top guys. I suppose he could catch Edgar with a big shot, but his wrestling is not as good and his striking is not as good, so I don't know why anyone thinks he could beat him.

Do not tell that to Frank Shamrock. Gil is the #1 LW in da world!