Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2

Thread: 11-2-11

FAST CASH EDDIE
    50 DIME* CFB* Ohio Bobcats +3.5
    30 DIME* CFB* Ohio Bobcats-Temple Owls OVER 47.5
    Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Sports Wagers

Toronto +126 over NEW JERSEY Pinnacle
    Is there anything to like about the Devils laying a price? We think not, as they’re offensively challenged, they return home from a four-game trip, they’ve lost four of their past five and they have the Flyers on deck tomorrow night. Furthermore, New Jersey seldom outplays anyone and they don’t have the goaltending to compensate for being the second best team on the ice every night. The latest report from about 10:30 AM this morning is that Martin Brodeur will go tonight. That’s sweet and even more reason to play the dog. And how about the frustration that Ilya Kovalchuk must be feeling. Here’s a guy that was free to roam and create offense for the Thrashers and that he did. Playing for the Devils he’s being asked to play responsibly defensively and he is. The problem is that he had just one point, an assist, during the four-game road trip and hasn't scored a goal in five games. Meanwhile, the Maple Leafs are gaining steam. They’re not allowing a ton of chances like they were in previous seasons and they’re also taking less penalties. These are all good signs and as a result, Toronto is a well-deserved 7-3-1. They have recent wins over Pittsburgh and the Rangers and even in their loss in Philadelphia they looked sharp. The Leafs catch the Devils in a difficult spot and offer up big value against this very risky favorite. Play: Toronto +126 (Risking 2 units).

LT Profits

NHL
    Coyotes +110

Prediction Machine

Temple @ Ohio UNDER ................57.4%

David Chan

GAME: TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS @ NEW JERSEY DEVILS NOV 2, 2011 7:30PM
    SPORT: National Hockey League Picks
    PICK: over
    Offered at: 5
    REASON FOR PICK:

I don't know what value is and believe this will be a high scoring game.

The 7-3-1 Toronto Maple Leafs fly into New Jersey to take on the 4-4-1 Devils on Wednesday night.

New Jersey plays its first home game after a rough road trip, and will likely be welcoming back goaltender Martin Brodeur:

“I feel pretty good,” Brodeur said. “I’m happy about the way it went.

“I don’t feel any limitation or anything, but mentally knowing I hurt my shoulder, I’m hesitant to do certain things.”

Note though that Brodeur went a sub-par 1-2 with a 3.00 GAA vs. the Buds last year.

Toronto is coming off a 3-2 loss to Ottawa on Sunday:

“Our attitude is not to lose two games in a row and what’s happened, happened,” coach Ron Wilson said. “We’ll be focused on the next game.”

Keep your eyes on Phil Kessel who leads the team with 10-goals and 18-assists; he had two goals and an assist vs. the Devils last season, going 2-1-1 in the process.

Brodeur will be opposed by Jonas Gustavsson who has gone 2-2-0 with a 3.03 in his last four starts.

Expect New Jersey to finally get its offense untracked, and for this total to sneak above the posted number!

TONY GEORGE

2* GOM Temple

NHL PREDICTIONS

1* NHL* Philadelphia Flyers @ Buffalo Sabres: OVER 5.5 GOALS (-105)
    (Note: I'm risking 1.05 units to win 1 unit)
    Both teams had gotten off to a quick start, but haven't been too solid lately. The Flyers have dropped to 6-4-1 after losing 4 of their last 6 games. Buffalo has dropped 3 of their last 4 games and are now 6-4 on the year. Neither team is having troubles scoring, with the Flyers averaging 3.7 goals per game and the Sabres averaging 2.9 goals per game. The OVER has hit in 7 straight games for the Flyers, and is 20-7 in their last 27 overall dating back to last season. The OVER is also 7-2 in the Flyers last 9 games as an underdog on the road. The OVER is 7-3 in the Sabres last 10 home games (dating back to last season), and 8-3 in their last 11 games vs a team with a winning record. These two teams often play the OVER, including 5 of their 7 playoff games against each other last season. The OVER iss 22-6 in their last 28 meetings overall, and 4-1 in their last 5 meetings in Buffalo. Everything is pointing to the OVER here and I like it. I'll play a unit on the over.

Sean Murphy

PICK: Ohio
    Offered at: 3.5
    REASON FOR PICK: We successfully faded Temple in its most recent game, a 13-10 loss at Bowling Green. We'll go right back to the well in this spot, as the Owls face another tough test at Ohio.

The Bobcats have had the Owls number over the last two seasons, taking both meetings by 35-17 and 31-23 scores. While Temple once again boasts a formidable defense, that's nothing new. The fact that Ohio has been able to score 30+ against this defense in each of the past two seasons, despite running a rather pedestrian offense is telling.

Ohio's offense has taken a big step forward this season, and it has a lot to do with sophomore QB Tyler Tettleton. He's finally given the Bobcats a more vertical passing threat, throwing for just shy of 2,000 yards, 17 touchdowns, and five interceptions so far this season.

While the Bobcats pass offense has been its strength, averaging 7.9 yards per pass play, its ground game hasn't been bad either, gaining 4.7 yards per rush. Despite losing some depth, the backfield hasn't lost a step thanks to Donte Harden.

There's no question, Ohio will have its hands full with the Owls outstanding backfield tandem of Bernard Pierce and Matt Brown. The Bobcats have held their own against the run this season, giving up just 3.2 yards per rush.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, as long as Chester Stewart is Temple's starting quarterback, I have zero faith in them laying points on the road.

Stewart is having another mediocre campaign, having thrown just two touchdowns to go along with two interceptions. Over the course of his college career, he's thrown only 13 touchdowns compared to 17 interceptions. He's compiled that ugly ratio in four seasons.

This is obviously a big game for both teams, but it might be a little bigger for the Bobcats, as they have a tough two-game stretch ahead, traveling to face Central Michigan and Bowling Green. Note that Ohio has already dropped a pair of conference games this season. Temple will close out the season with three consecutive home games, including a pair of winnable MAC matchups against Miami-Ohio and Kent State.

Ohio owns a significant home field edge, having gone 8-2 SU here since the start of last season. They're getting 23,000+ fans at home this season, and I expect the Bobcats to feed off of that energy on Wednesday night. Take Ohio (5*).

Richie Carrera

10 Dimes Temple -3 bought the hook

totals 4 U

TEMPLE OVER

John Manuel

OHIO BOBCATS +3.5 100 DIMES
    OHIO BOBCATS ML 100 DIMES

8-5 in October.. lost last 3 100 dime plays on the last day of October in the final minute of both games.. (Panthers lead the Jets 3-2 with less than a minute to go and let the Jets tie it with 40 seconds left. Jets go on to win in OT and he loses his FL ML and UNDER 5.5 100 dime plays.. Phillip Rivers fumbles with the game winning field goal to come just seconds away. Chiefs go on to win in OT) 3 respectable losses after going 8-2 in the month. Good luck to all.

The Hitman Guaranteed Selections Date: Wednesday, November 02, 2011
    $29.00 Guaranteed: Today Jack "THE HITMAN" Walker has isolated an outstanding winner in College Football that can only be rated as his XXXXX-LARGE PRIVATE PLAY COLLEGE FB MAC CONFERENCE GAME OF THE MONTH! You can get this GUARANTEED WINNER for just $29 and you will pay only after you win! Jack is an amazing 93-54 the past four years in college football so make sure you are on this HUGE WINNER TODAY!
    11/2/2011 PRIVATE PLAY COLLEGE FB MAC CONFERENCE GAME OF THE YEAR
    303 Temple -3.5 8:00 EST

INFO PLAYS

7* Coyotes / Avalanche Under 5½

LT Profits

NHL
    Coyotes +110

Leafs +125

Wednesday's Action

20 Dime winner going out on the Temple Owls as the road favarite agailinst the Ohio U Bobcats. As I release this winner, the Huskies are a -3 1/2 point visitcng chalk both here in Vegas and offshore.

Dom Chambers
    Today's winners ...

My 40 Dime play is on the Temple Owls as a road favoaite to cover against Ohio in a MAC game that will probably decide problably who’s going to win the East in that confercnce. Looking at the sports books in Las Vegas at 7 a.m., Temple is a 3 1/2-point favorite.

Billy Coleman

Temple Owls -3 1/2