Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst ... 23456712 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 143

Quote Originally Posted by edman5555 View Post
    well gsps trainer came out and said his frame is not big enough for 185 and he would most likely go down to 155 if he moved, depending on whether or not frankei edgar is champ. They both train at renzo's. Also rory trains with Gsp and considers him a mentor.
    GSP's trainer said he would prefer St Pierre to move down than up but the notion is a ridiculous one.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

well gsps trainer came out and said his frame is not big enough for 185 and he would most likely go down to 155 if he moved, depending on whether or not frankei edgar is champ. They both train at renzo's. Also rory trains with Gsp and considers him a mentor.
    GSP at 155 would just be bizarre. I can't even imagine it.
    I heart cock

Since when does GSP train at Renzo's? I've heard of GSP going to train with Roger in the UK and training with Renzo for the fight with Shields but as far as I've ever known he does most of his training in Montreal with select members of Jacksons going up there to help him prepare. Frankie trains in Jersey with Pellegrino and Almeida mainly. I don't think Frankie is a mainstay member of Renzo's team. Even if he was I doubt GSP would have a problem fighting him. Like I said the majority of GSP's training occurs in canada where he brings people in to help him.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

Since always. GSP got his BB from Renzo and it was an issue of contention in the Serra fights, since Serra is also a Renzo Gracie BB.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Yes. Also, GSP at 155 isn't that big a stretch. He does Olympic weightlifing a la PooPoo to stay big. Faras Zahabi did an interview where he said GSP basically has to lift weights to stay big(I guess they all do to a degree). I think if he could get his normal body weight down to 175-180 he could make the cut. He used to be around that if you remember. He recenlty said he was pushing up to 193 with weight lifting. It actually makes more sense to go down now that I think about it. He is pushing it hard with weighting lifting just to get up around middeweight. Those guys are cutting from 200+. GSP would have to get pretty muscle bound. He is only about 5'10'' btw.

I've just always felt that GSP looks relatively thin even as a WW. Yes, he's muscular and ripped, but he's never looked particularly thick, at least not to me.
    I heart cock

Erik Cock vs Dustin Poirer

That will be a good fight. Line should be even, in my opinion.
    I heart cock

Cock -165

If either guy comes in as any significant kind of dog then I think he's worth a bet. I think this fight could totally go either way.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    If either guy comes in as any significant kind of dog then I think he's worth a bet. I think this fight could totally go either way.
    How do you see them matching up style wise?

I've actually always thought they were very similar fighters. They also look similar. They're basically kind of like brothers.

I imagine this will be mostly a striking affair, but if one of them comes to grapple, then I think it will be pretty even on the ground too, maybe a slight edge to Poirier.
    I heart cock

Cock is the much better technical striker in my opinion, with better T3D.

The "much" better technical striker? I'm not sure that either is much better than the other in any regard.

And his T3D seems to be pretty solid, but I liked how Poirier handled himself in the grappling department against Grispi, and we just saw some submission skills out of him against Garza.

It's a pretty even fight, I think, and should be a fun one too as long as they don't just cancel each other out to the point that it's one of those boring fights were not much happens.
    I heart cock

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    The "much" better technical striker? I'm not sure that either is much better than the other in any regard.

And his T3D seems to be pretty solid, but I liked how Poirier handled himself in the grappling department against Grispi, and we just saw some submission skills out of him against Garza.

It's a pretty even fight, I think, and should be a fun one too as long as they don't just cancel each other out to the point that it's one of those boring fights were not much happens.
    I said "in my opinion".

Grispi sucks. He choked out a guy that could be subbed by a grappling dummy.

It should be a good fight, I just think Cock has the edge.

<333333

Cock is the better striker but I think Poirier can stall him against the fence. Does Cock train with Pettis ? their styles are so similar. anyways, i'll be on Cock.

Kongo/roy nelson

Quote Originally Posted by poopoo333 View Post
    Kongo/roy nelson

UPDATE: Roy Nelson vs. Cheick Kongo Not Facing Each Other After All

They need to give Caceres someone like Shannon Guggerty and build him up a little.
    I heart cock