Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17222324252627

Thread: UFC 144: Japan

Don't get me wrong, he's a fantastic fighter with unique talents and gifts, but he's quite clearly highly flawed as well and doesn't walk on water like he's always been portrayed.
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

BJ doesn't need to walk on water, he can jump out of 3 feet of water.

But yeah, he is not perfect. I really do think he is probably the most talented guy though.
    2012: +19.33
    2012 Parlay project: +16.5u

Quote Originally Posted by SPX View Post
    I was expecting the guy who clearly won the last fight to be the favorite.
    I was a little suprised but it goes in line with my feelings on the fight. Had Bendo not landed that upkick in the second round, he probably would have lost the fight. He lost round 1 on the judges scorecard, he only won round 2 because of the upkick and the rest of the fight was affected by it. I don't know if it broke his nose but it definetly seemed to slow him down. Aside from that, Frankie landed more standing and shot in for a lot of solid takedowns. I could see either guy winning the next one but I def get why they made the line that way.

Quote Originally Posted by MMA_scientist View Post
    BJ doesn't need to walk on water, he can jump out of 3 feet of water.

But yeah, he is not perfect. I really do think he is probably the most talented guy though.
    Yeah I agree. He finishes really really well. Frankie outpointed him by a small margin IMO. Jon Fitch was getting beat until BJ gassed. I don't think BJ trains all that well. He is in Hilo with his brother running the camp. That is a big difference compared to having a real camp with trainers who tell you that you suck when you do.

I wouldn't say that upkick had a huge impact on Edgar for the remainder of the fight. We've seen him take much more punishment early on and come back from it.
    2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

Well I think it could have slowed his start in round 3. It might have even caused him to lose it. It might have affected his breathing as well. Was it broken?

Quote Originally Posted by edman5555 View Post
    Yeah I agree. He finishes really really well. Frankie outpointed him by a small margin IMO. Jon Fitch was getting beat until BJ gassed. I don't think BJ trains all that well. He is in Hilo with his brother running the camp. That is a big difference compared to having a real camp with trainers who tell you that you suck when you do.
    LOL at 'small margin'. Frankie dug in that ass in the rematch.

And yeah, I'm sure BJ would be much more consistent at least if he trained like the other top fighters. But he doesn't. And he won't. So who gives a fuck?
    Triple-six killers in this motherfucker runnin shit

Quote Originally Posted by Ludo View Post
    I wouldn't say that upkick had a huge impact on Edgar for the remainder of the fight. We've seen him take much more punishment early on and come back from it.

Agreed. It was a nice upkick. But I don't think it had an appreciable effect on the end result.
    I heart cock

Agreed. It was a nice upkick. But I don't think it had an appreciable effect on the end result.

Bol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!@ not thinking a smashed nose will have any affect on how you fight................ludo maybe it works like that in "xbox world" but in real life a broken nose will really f you up

You say I'm useless but I cant take a single thing you say seriously if you believe this
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Bol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!@ not thinking a smashed nose will have any affect on how you fight................ludo maybe it works like that in "xbox world" but in real life a broken nose will really f you up

You say I'm useless but I cant take a single thing you say seriously if you believe this

What? Why you say such mean things to me?
    I heart cock

I'll just leave these here:

=/=

2013: +8.24u(increased unit size on 5/19)
    Favorites: 20-6 + 6.13u
    Underdogs: 10-19 -2.51u
    Ludo's Locks Parlay Project: +1.4u

2012: +20.311u

Great evidence Ludo..............still does make up for the fact you said a broken nose doesn't effect how you fight. I'd like to see the reaction of a fighter when you told them that to their face. I'd bet it would look something like this.:

2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

What? Why you say such mean things to me?

Come on man.............that's like saying a broken arm or leg has no effect on the outcome of a fight.

Serious question,have you ever had a broken nose?
    2015 MMA BETTING CHAMP

It would effect his breathing

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    Come on man.............that's like saying a broken arm or leg has no effect on the outcome of a fight.

Serious question,have you ever had a broken nose?
    I didn't say it wouldn't have any effect at all, but I think Bendo would've won either way. So it didn't have an appreciable effect on the OUTCOME.

And no, I've never had a broken nose.
    I heart cock